Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: NRW Trophy Single & Pair Skating Dortmund, Germany / 4th of December - 8th of December

Columnist
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraM View Post
    Thanks Alex, please provide us with link of live stream
    Will do

Peter Liebers has been removed from the entry list.
    Sadly this is true :( Same with Menshov

While two have left, two others have joined,

Vera BAZAROVA / Yuriy LARIONOV have been added at the pairs!

Custom Title
    according to their homepage prölß/blommaert are out of the NRW trophy, because anabelle iss sick..

http://annabelle-ruben.com/Deutsch/news.html

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

Columnist
    Welcome everyone to the NRW Ticker

The competition has started, and the first group has already finished. Currently in the lead at the Basic Novice A Girls is Elisabeth Schumann from Germany with 28.49.

I really liked her performance and the jumps, they had a nice height and speed, unfortunately she had a little tumble shortly before the end. :(

Paulina Schuhmann, sadly also had a small mistake before the end, but I definately enjoyed her attitude on the ice. Paulina scored 26.23 points.

Also on the ice were,

Romee Verbeke from Belgium, she scored 27.73 points, Aleksandra Kornejeva achieved 22.15 points - loved her outfit. "Lad"y in red
    5th skater from Lituania, Gabriele Valentinaviciute scored 25.57 points.

Group two is currently on the ice and the live Stream once running can be found here.

http://nrw-trophy.de/livestream.html

Results page can be found here:

http://www.lev-nrw.org/docs/event/1400/index.htm

Sidenote:

15 girls are going to skate in total, including 9 girls from Germany.

Columnist
    Group two has finished with three girls from Germany leading the competition.

Most impressive was Jule Groenert, she definately has great talent. Nice transitions and attitude, good technique (double Toe - double Toe) and interpretation of the music - it was a very enjoyable program, the Judges agreed with that and put her on one with 30.55 points.

Second is Xenia Rymarev with 30.30 points. who showed great flexibility and a very nice double Lutz - double Loop!

Also on the ice were Ronit Winkler with 27.13, our smallest competitor so fa;r Antonia Grassmann who scored 25.09 and Caya Scheepens from the Netherlands who scored 27.55 (she reminds me a bit of Fleur Maxwell).

Columnist
    Group three has finished and we have a winner from Lituania!

Gabija Ganatauskaite had a very good performance, while from Lituania she kind of reminds me of a finish skater. She floats over the ice, very elegant - a very pleasant program. She performed a nice single Axel, double Loop combination - ya I liked this one a lot!

Also on the ice were Maileen Görges (not related to the tennis crack Julia), she received 28.80; Anna Dekhtyaryuk with 29.88 and Friederike Jüssen with 28.23 - all Germany. We also had a guest from oversea, Teekhree Silpa-Archa came over from Thailand (if you think the name is difficult to write, then try spelling it!)

End result: Basic Novice A Girls

1. Gabija Ganatauskaite (LTU) 31.55
    2. Jule Groenert (GER) 30.55
    3. Xenia Rymarev (GER) 30.30

Columnist
    Basic Novice A Boys

Young men on the ice now, but only four :( In general the brackets of the girls are larger than of the boys, not that unusual at events

While only four they still rocked the ice and put on a really entertaining performance. Based on the crowd Jimmy Atila was the favorite, based by the judges it was Titus Spangemacher who scored 30.01 points and won the competition.

Third came the Czech Samuel Tran with 26.44, while running out of music he didnt run out of steam and was granted with a well deserved third place. Last but not least Lukas Gneiding who received 23.67 points.

Next are 40 advanced novice girls - thats going to take a while

Columnist
    Advanced Novice Girls

While our Basic Novice only performed a LP; the next competitors are going to start with a traditional SP followed by a LP at noon tomorrow. 40 Skaters including 16 from Germany, 2 from Finland and one Russian are supposed to skate.

Group one warming up.

1 Tatsiana CHORNAYA BLR
    2 Jennifer FISCHER GER
    3 Viktoria BEZRUKOVA RUS (did not start)
    4 Brona NIC GABHANN IRL
    5 Regina RIVA MEX

Tatsiana Chornaya 21.77

She had to wait longer for her score than all the Basic Novice Boys before her. What she got was maybe a bit less than expected, she had spread her jumps well, with a combo at the end of her performance. It was quite suprising for the crowd to finish with a jump combo, as there was no applause sadly. :(

Jennifer Fischer 24.74

I liked her ice coverage a lot, also the jumps were very nice.

Brona Nic Gabhann 16.34

I liked her style, but she sadly got her 2F - 2T downgraded.

Regina Riva 23.16

It is not that unusual anymore to see a skater from Mexico, but its still something I find really nice. While most of those skater practice at the US, their roots are still mexican. I really enjoyed the first half of her program, very relaxing music with a little twist in music and perfornance at the end.

Group 2:

Lucia Settels 22.30

She sadly fall on her opening jump :(

Emma Ignatius 28.93

That is quite an unusual name for a Fin, she also fall on her first jump, but as a whole her program was very enjoyable.

Celine Leonie Weiss 22.20

That girl was a joy to watch! She was smiling throughout the whole program, I love that. She really enjoyed herself.
    The music fit well to that attitude, she is a little sunshine so to speak and the cute music matched that well. My favorite program so far and I hope to see more of her in the future!

Sarah Papa 22.63

She performed to Cotton Eye Joe, like a little little whirlwind on the ice. You really bought that performance, she deserved a bit more feedback though from the crowd, they were holding back a bit.

Marina Kalicanin 25.78

She had some great Pirouettes in her program. If the music got slower, her Pirouettes did so as well, while they got faster if the music did. Not sure if intended, but I really liked that. Cool name too - Kalicanin.

Columnist
    Group three

Greta Mager 24.49

Red dress Flammengo rythm and a girl that never stood still. A very fluent program, with great speed. Nice interpretation of the music!

Zoe Malvica DNS

She isnt listed in the press material, but was supposed to skate. She didnt though :(

Lara Valenti 18.66

I liked her step sequence and that she also finished with a jump. Not as easy as you think, especially for young Skaters who might invest too much in the earlier stages of their program.

Madeleine Lidholm Torgersen 27.45

Heya Norge! Looks like Norways has more in store in the common years. Loved her dress, very bling bling. Quite a tall young lady

Rosa Ballantine 16.09

Not the most difficult program compared to the previous ones, but still enjoyable to watch.

Loena Hendrickx 27.03

A very mature program for such a young girl. Really enjoyable to watch, while she had 2 bigger faults(underrotated double Axel and triple Salchow) it still put a smile on my face.
    If i wouldnt know she is from Belgium I would assume she is one of those Russian girls, she showed great flexibility, a nice Pielman and the jumps were quite high.

Group 4

Katharina Frieben 20.05

Poor girl, that didnt all go after plan :( But she had a very nice Lay back spin!

Vanessa Grallert 29.55

She opened up with a triple Salchow, unfortunately not landed - still very brave! I liked that her combo at the end was right on beat. Again a quite mature program.

Chritstina Fitz 21.59

While not that many points, I still enjoyed it - great dress.

Karen Naomi Krähe 23.12

Very energetic programm, she was very much in sync with the music during the whole time. Great performer!

Nadine Seidl 22.60

Her stepsequence was like never ending, well performed jump at the end.

Julie Froetscher 32.18

She is a great Jumper, loved the height and speed! While her music ran out at the end, she still was mostly in sync with it - quite a contrast in her program. First more laid back, while at the end more energetic. Well deserved lead.

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Thanks a lot for all of the info!

Columnist
    Group 5

Naomi Verdeyen 22.45

She had quite a few tempo changes in her programm, I liked that. Energy and elegance in one Cool outfit too, with the national colours.

Lena Kreitmeier 30.48

She opened with a triple and did a wonderful Pirouette right infront of my nose. She almost touched her nose with the skating boot as she pulled it down, that looked amazing.

Melanie Mitchell Knight 26.32

A very elegant skater, liked her smile - she was really into her music. I am not an expert, but I really like it if you can hardly hear a skater on the ice.

Anna Wehreim 25.71

She was wearing a Carmen dress, but with german colours at the lower end.

Amber Britz 22.87

Skating to Romeo & Juliet is always difficult, some very big names such as Sasha Cohan left some major footprints on the ice. Still I liked her interpretation of it and she tried to smile when she looked into the crowd and thats always good to see.

Celine Göbel 27.65

She seemed to be very pleased with her performance. Didnt see any major mistakes either, well done.

Group 6

Annika Hocke 35.41

A very naughty performance - some of you might call it too sexy but she definately had great fun on the ice and thats what matters in the end. She took the lead and kept it until the end of group 6.

Milena Gerner 24.95

She was skating in white & blue, while not the highest difficulty still nice to watch.

Jessica McCrum 24.66

Loved how she finished her programm right infront of the panel, like she wanted to say "here I am, give me good marks now or I get angry!" Cool dress too, in style of a uniform but with a skirt.

Charlotte Vandersarren 30.92

I felt that this was quite an emotional skate to be honest. Very mature on the ice, like a Lady!

Oona Ounasvouri 29.25

Her first jump had an amazing height and speed, in general quite an outgoing performance for a Fin. Pity her second jump didnt go that well, still great performance in my opinion.

Gemma Pohl 20.66

I liked her Pirouettes, its not all about jumps Ladies and Gentleman

One more group to go!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Thanks for the details!!!

Columnist
    Group 7

Kyarha van Tiel 27.96

I felt the music was quite heavy for her.

Kalina Lewicka 33.30

She was fun to watch, always trying to get in touch with her environment, constantly moving her hands and arms. Clean jumps and very fast, I had to laugh when she was "flirting" with the door of the ice machine Maybe they need to re adjust that part of the choreo so that its placed infront of a judge. Doors dont give points unfortunately...

Alisa Stomakhina 29.18

The start of her program was very quiet, it was almost like she was skating without music. Afterwards the music got quite dramatic, sadly she also fell twice :(

Laura Sabaliuskaite 21.97

I really enjoyed this skater, such a sunshine on the ice. She had great fun for sure and she managed to put that on the ice. While the jumps might not bring that many points, the so called "B" note should be quite high in my opinion. I dont know but I think she would be a very good ice dancer as well. Pity she got so few points.

Pauline Ramanauskaite 21.62

She was a bit in her own world ... But she is still very young, so this will come over time I am sure.

Laura Luft 20.44

Luft in german means air, her performance was a bit like air at times. Rough, but also invisible - she is quite a calm person on the ice.

This concludes the advanced novice girls.

1 Annika HOCKE GER 35.41
    2 Kalina LEWICKA GER 33.30
    3 Julie FROETSCHER FRA 32.18
    4 C. VANDERSARREN BEL 30.92
    5 Lena KREITMEIER GER 30.48

Columnist
    The final hours belong to the boys and young men. We have 15 skaters at the advanced novice boys and 22 at the junior men.

Advanced Novice Boys

Group 1

Arthur Ribes 35.78

King Arthur anyone? I felt he was quite a mature skater, very strong with lots of power. Some skaters seem to want to run off after their skate, he seemed to enjoy his stay and his experience paid off. He included in his programm a triple Salchow - double toe and a triple loop, latter sadly with a fall.

Denis Gurdzhi 26.56

The total opposite of Arthur before, smaller, less powerful but very funny, the music as well. He had green gloves and tried to get the crowd involved. I can assure you, he has won the hearts of all those young girls behind me.

Kai Jagoda 30.61

No offence, but he really looked like a typical german.I felt some of the transitions were a bit off, still a nice programm to watch.

Luc Economides 33.54

While Kai was typical German, Luc was typical French. The music came directly from one of the tiny ships that cross the Seine, while the outfit consisted of a white shirt with suspenders and black pants. All in one, the interpretation stood out of his programm.

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Alex, did Brona NIC GABHANN IRL compete? She's the second skater, after Clara Peters, to represent Ireland and she took part in ISU Development Trophy in Cieszyn, Poland this year and I am wondering how her development is coming along.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast