Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: NRW Trophy Single & Pair Skating Dortmund, Germany / 4th of December - 8th of December

Columnist
    LP Junior Men Results

1 Roman SAVOSIN RUS 169.63 3 1
    2 Daniil BERNADINER RUS 167.19 1 2
    3 Dmitriy MIKHAYLOV RUS 156.18 2 7
    4 Jan KURNIK CZE 154.51 4 5
    5 Niko ULANOVSKY GER 153.81 5 4
    6 Sondre ODDVOLL BOE NOR 153.36 7 3
    7 Anton KEMPF GER 142.95 11 6
    8 P. POLIZOAKIS GER 141.23 6 9
    9 Alexander BETKE GER 138.34 8 8
    10 Marco ASAM GER 129.87 9 12
    11 Genki SUZUKI GER 128.10 10 14
    12 Jannis BRONISEFSKI GER 123.12 12 15
    13 Tim HUBER SUI 122.87 15 11
    14 Arturas GANZELA LTU 122.12 14 13
    15 Trevor BERGQVIST SWE 118.96 17 10
    16 Thomas STOLL GER 106.61 13 17
    17 Michel TSIBA NED 106.54 16 16

Hmm, this was a mixed back this morning!

A major let down was Dimitry Mikhaylov, wow that just didnt work at all. His first jump he just skipped, the ones after were at least performed, but ya it definately was not his day today and the expression on his face clearly showed that. Just very disappointing.

He only skated the 7th LP, that says it all.

Someone who I absolutely loved watching was Alexander Betke - the German improved a lot and showed some really great elements, especially at the start.

Three Russians on the top, with Roman performing ok-ish after a not so good start.

Junior Ladies and then we have the pairs competition that I am looking forward a lot!

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Some very good performances in Advanced Novice Boys. The top 3 landed a lot of triples between them. The silver medallist even had the 3lutz.

Fantastic level in Junior Ladies as well. Top 4 skaters went for 3flip/3toe! Congrats to Lutricia Bock, I think it's the first time she's managed that? I didn't realise she was already at this level technically, wow. How old is she?

Fantastic to see Lithuania's two promising skaters land most of their jumps again as well. I am also super excited to see Michaela du Toit land 3toe/2toe and 2axel! I don't think we've seen this kind of level of skating in South Africa for a while now. And Rattandilok Na Phuket is a home-grown Thai skater with a 2axel. Great stuff.

Custom Title
    Alex D - Do I misremember or were James/Cipres entered for this? Because I just checked the pairs entries - and they weren't there!

http://www.lev-nrw.org/docs/event/1271/CAT025EN.HTM

Have they withdrawn, do you know? They are great favourites of mine, so I hope you don't mind my asking.

Columnist
    The french pair is indeed not here anymore, we only have 4 pairs left now.

1. Wende Family
    2. Elizaveta Makarova / Lero Kenchadze
    3. Vera & Yuriy
    4. Mari Vartmann / Aaron van Cleave

Its indeed very sad, as for the reasons - I dont know :(

Columnist
    I really enjoyed the Ladies LP, nice suprise we got there on the Podium with one of the Lituanien girls! Lituania is the new Finnland guys I tell ya!

I will give you a more detailed review later, but for those that cant wait here the top three names.

1 Elizaveta YUSCHENKO RUS 141.48
    2 Alsu KAYUMOVA RUS 139.88
    3 Aleksandra GOLOVKINA LTU 134.19

More in a few hours, I am going to enjoy the Pairs now!

P.S. I asked around about Vanessa and Morgan, but nobody knows anything. Annabelle is sick, but I think that was mentioned before. :(

Junior Pairs are as following

Group 1

Rus: Vlada Mishina / Vladim Ivanov
    GER: Vanessa Bauer / Nolan Seegert

Group 2

HKG: Marin Ono / Hon Lam To
    Rus: Rinata Murasova / Sergey Alekseev
    Rus: Arina Chernyavskaya / Antonio Souza - Cordeyr

Custom Title
    Thanks for your reply, Alex D! I hope you enjoy the pairs' event - however depleted.

Banned
    did I just see Vartman/Cleava getting higher PCS than Bazarova/Larionov
    have they been dumped that bad to promote Stolbova/Klimov

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    I did a double take when I saw that as well. My first conspiracy theory thought was that somebody kindly asked the judges to overmark Vartmann/Van Cleave since they still need to earn the minimum scores required by the German Olympic Committee.

Wende/Wende skated clean other than for a mistake on the throw and both their basics and their choreography are stronger, from what I can recall. Bazarova/Larionov obviously skate with more speed and power as well and their SP this season is the best program they've had to date, IMO. So those scores don't seem to make much sense to me (having said that, I haven't seen the event).

Columnist
    Junior Ladies LP Review

Group one

1. Martina Zola 60.88 - 92.00

Her outfit reminded me of Valentina, it was black with a revealing back part and some silver stripes. I really enjoyed the begin of her programm with a nice triple Flip. Unfortunately were her Toe and Sal afterwards not as good, latter was even downgraded by the judges. Martina did a really nice level four spin combination and had a nice highlight distribution on her programm. She could just enjoy her time on the ice a bit more I think, but thats easier said than done.

2. Lotte Tauber 57.89 - 82.31

The German was wearing a green dress today and delivered a solid performance with a nice double Flip - double Toe and level three spin combinations. Also positive was, that she didnt just stare on the ice, but also in the crowd. What I liked most about her program was the more quieter passage in her routine, that was great!

3. Yanina Makeyenka 56.72 - 87.61

She was wearing a Pink dress today and performed to Romoe & Juliet. I have to admit, I so love this music... Since I saw Sasha with it like at Torino!

Yanina´s jumps like the triple Sal, triple Loop were a bit off at times, but she performed a clean double Axel - double Toe. At the end of her programm she performed also a nice level 4 spin combination.

4. Janne van den Biggelaar 52.99 - 80.36

Hop Janne Hop and how she did that! There were quite a few tricky jumps for her today like the double Axel at the begin of her programm, but she managed to stay on her feet at all times. Nice fighting spirit, she doesnt just let go - great! Especially the start of her programm has been a joy! While the music was hardly noticable, she was floating over the ice without making any sound. Fantastic!

5. Taylor Ronald 56.94 - 87.05

First Skater of "Team GB" was Taylor and I think she did well, especially at her spins and Piourettes. She also performed a nice double Flip - double Toe and she was just smiling all the time, quite a glamour girl today in her black & golden dress.

6. Yana Bozhilova 49.38 - 74.80

Our second competitor from Germany and unfortunately did she has a bad start with the double Axel that totally didnt work out today. In general jumping wasnt her thing today.

It was great however to see her expression in the face and how it changed when the music took a turn and the step sequence started. Definately the best moment in her routine! Yana is currently skating for the EJC.

Group 2

7. Niki Wories 65.13 - 99.06

The dutch skater spread her jumps well, so that it never got boring or anything. It was a constant change between Piourettes, Jumps and Steps. I enjoyed her whole package, music, outfit, choreo a lot. It was such a pity that her triple Flip was underrotated and the Sal downgraded.

8. Natalia Fartushina 58.97 - 92.10

Nathalia does skate for the ERWC Dortmund and my personal highlight was her step sequence at the end and the start with double Axel - double Toe. Unfortunately were some of her other jumps really off, she came out of balance and struggled with the landings and full rotations like at the triple Sal.

9. Anne Sophie Goossens 61.92 - 95.40

Anne was an interesting one. She did many jump combinations like the triple Flip - double Loop - double Loop. What I liked a lot was the speed in which those happened. She touched the ice and instantly went up again, was lovely to watch. Also her final spin sequence was brilliant and a level 4!

10. Anastasia Vaipan-Law 61.99 - 94.55

Loved her interpretation, once it got more dramatic in the music, she also added faster and wilder elements so that we had a nice progression through out the programm. Cool dress as well and her spin combinations great!

11. Silvia Martinelli 60.76 - 94.95

What I liked about the Italien was the type of variation she presented in her programm and while having different parts, the transitions to every new part were very fluent and never felt disturbing or how we in the music business say "a trainwreck". But also the different elements were nicely spread, it wasnt all clustered at the begin like some of the other skaters tend to do it. Unfortunately was her double Axel downgraded, so was the Sal. Her step sequence however was great, I absolutely enjoyed it.

Silvia finished in style with a Pielman when her music faded out slowly and had some high quality spin combinations, which were rewarded with a three and four category.

12. Promsan RATTANDILOK NA PHUKET 49.20 - 80.67

Yes I did copy - paste that name...

However, it was sadly not her day. That poor young lady tried hard elements like the triple Sal - double Toe which unfortunately didnt pay out. Her best jump element was the double Flip - double Toe and yes, she can do so much more than what she could actually show us today.
    She looked so cute with that flower in her hair!

Group 3

13. Krystsina Zakarankha 55.30 - 91.19

She is such an elegant skater, loved her level three Camel but also the final combination spin and how she spread the difficulties among her programm. Pity that her triple Sal right at the start didnt make the full rotations.

14. Sarah Anderson 61.01 - 96.76

Sarah who is not related with the Minnesota politician, unfortunately had to open up her first Axel, but she came back later with a decent double and a nice double Flip - double Toe - double Loop combination. What I liked was the change in music to her step sequence.

15. Nicole Schott 80.31 - 116.01

That was a really nice skate. Totally enjoyed it! She showed very well that skaters dont need to be tiny to perform well. Sarah opened with a great triple Toe - double Toe and also showed us a nice triple Flip. Also remarkable was her really nice interretation during the step sequence.

16. Samira Huskic 65.71 - 106.66

She dressed like one of those girls in a wild west movie that were working in the Bar, needles to say she would still be way too young for that job. Samira who opened up with a triple Toe - double Toe combination, smiled throughout her whole programm, that was a great joy to watch so were her level 4 combination spins. Great girl!

17. Matilde Baganin 60.54 - 98.16

Who wants to live forever?

Well I do, if figure skating does take place every day with such amazing skaters! Matilde opened with a really nice double Axel, unfortunately the triple Toe afterwards wasnt. The italien sadly struggled with some of her jumps today, but it still was a lovely performance, she does skate very elegant and soft, its great watching her on the ice.

18. Jenny Schmidt 60.75 - 96.39

She has such a lovely personality on the ice, she always smiles when she looks at you, no matter how her element went before. Her triple Toe - double Toe was really nice and she had a good distribution of her elements as well. I love Rocky, she had the "training montage" by Vince diCola and that worked greatly with her Step sequence. I wonder if he had figure skating in mind, when he produced

Group 4

19. Chiara Thiele 66.22 - 104.45

She sadly fell on her triple Toe which was underrotated, but had two nice double Axels nontheless. In general it was a lovely performance. She did skate to pirates of the carabean and I liked how the crowd got behind her during the step sequence.

20. Alissa Scheidt 71.78 - 112.40

That was a really lovely performance today. She really nailed it! Yes some jumps like the triple Toe were under rotated, but honestly I still enjoyed what she did today. Very nice pirouettes, steps, spins and jumps, especially after half time. I am really impressed by Alissa.

21. Matilde Gianocca 78.50 - 119.85

Wow what a performance! So much fire in her eyes, lovely movements with her arms in sync with the music, great green dress as well and her spins all level 4! She missed two of her jumps completely, but still! I loved the distance at her double Axel and the speed at the Rittberger, also good job on saving that triple Sal. Great girl, great fighter! Send a tape to Sarah Maier of that performance

22. Elzbieta Kropa 70.33 - 109.59

Oh god, she did run out of steam at the end, but she started so lovely with her triple Toe - double Toe - double Toe combination and also performed a double Axel - double Toe and some wonderful spins - what a pity! I like her style on the ice a lot, Lituania is the new Finland for me!

23. Lea Johanna Dastich 81.92 - 121.00

Great white dress with a bit of red. Lea skated to the Adams Famly today, but not like an ice cold hand but a young girl that has great fun on the ice. Really great to deliver a double Axel - double Toe - double Loop combination so late in the programm. Great smile and spins too!

24. Michaela DU Toit 68.23 - 106.16

She is a lovely skater, she was wearing a pink dress and started very nicely with a triple - double -double combination which unfortunately received a penalty for under rotation on her first Toe. What I really enjoyed in her choreographie was the "leg movements" to the music - very funny choreographie if you ask me. The south african really enjoyed herself on the ice, was fun to watch - great flying spin as well!

Group 5

25. Alsu Kayumova 89.18 - 139.88

That young lady did a triple Lutz - triple Toe combination! Really impressive if you ask me, she also showed another triple Lutz later in her programm and offered some fantastic spins. A very intersting step sequence as well, but she also attempted a combination that was erased from the score board ... ya such things just happen.

Later at the victory ceremony, she was lovely. So friendly and always smiling in the camera, great personality for a russian girl!

26. Lutricia Bock 80.03 - 131.07

Absolutely enjoyed her step sequence, if not mistaken that was Charly Chaplin with his umbrella and she copied his movements absolutely wonderful. It was a joy to watch, I was having a big grin on face.
    Pity that she had to open up her triple Toe in the opening combination with the triple Flip. She was fighting hard today, especially at the double Axel -single Loop - triple Sal combination, but she also put a nice double Axel on the ice around the end.

27. Elizaveta Yuaschenko 89.89 - 141.48

She had to fight hard at some of her jumps, wow. She had a slight tumble right after her triple Flip - triple Toe combination and she was sitting on the ice for a few seconds, almost shocked. I think that threw her off completely. Still she performed a very good double Axel and a triple Lutz - double Toe combination later so she has some good recovery skills and those you will need, especially in Russian territory.

Her combination spins looked lovely as well, she is really a nice figure skater in my opinion. Eliza is quite an outgoing, open minded person I think - she was always smiling at the victory ceremony!

I love what height she can achieve with her jumps, she reminds me of Tatiana Voloszar somehow, dont ask me how - she just does.

28. Svetlana Lebedeva 85.64 - 132.75

Oh no what a pity! She was very upset after her skate, understandable! It just didnt work out at all, first two jumps not landed and it seemed like she was somehow not on the ice with her head. Sveta opened with a triple Flip - triple Toe, but the latter was just not good enough to be landed. She was cut short on the rotation and sadly fell. Her spins were all quite good, especially the lay back at the end - I absolutely enjoyed watching them!I Also the triple Sal was nicely performed. There is a lot more in that girl, than what we saw today!

While waiting on the scores we heard Kelly Clarkson with "because of you" and I wonder who´s fault it was, that she couldnt nail that performance like she did in the SP.

29. Aleksandra Golovkina 88.43 - 134.19

She is quite a fun person to be honest, I am not sure if she expected to come third, or if she was just as cool as an ice berg today. Nice Tango she performed, good fight on her triple Rittberger & Flip. Loved her dress as well, she did really rock it! What she also rocked was that Layback Spin at the end, wow! That looked fantastic so did she with that flower in her hair.
    Absolutely a girl I will remember from this NRW Trophy.

30. Daimante Kizalaite 86.40 - 131.48

Last but not least another amazing skater from Lituania. That young lady made me so much fun with her performance. Yes it might not be for everyone, but damn I was just greatly entertained. She started wth a triple Lutz - double Toe - double combination and performed a really nice triple Lutz and high level spins afterwards

But the best thing as I said, was she and her expression in that LP. It was so funny, once she was joggling some balls, then she gave us the symbol to be silent after she nailed a jump on the ice and at the end, she waved her hand before her mouth, symbolizing its late and time to go to bed. Really nice emotes of her, loved how different that Choreo was from so many of the others today.

1 Elizaveta YUSCHENKO RUS 141.48
    2 Alsu KAYUMOVA RUS 139.88
    3 Aleksandra GOLOVKINA LTU 134.19
    4 Svetlana LEBEDEVA RUS 132.75
    5 Deimante KIZALAITE LTU 131.48
    6 Lutricia BOCK GER 131.07

Columnist
    I will do the pairs tomorrow morning during the Ladies practice, I really need some sleep now - onl had 4 hours last night :D

Maylin and Daniels programm was really nice, but I also liked what Mari and Aaron did. I felt it was their best SP in the past years (my opinion). I am a big fan of Vera and Juriy as well my favorite couple since years

But now bed time, sorry!

Custom Title
    I love the reports, thank you so much!!1

Custom Title
    I hope you have/had some good sleep, Alex D! Thanks for all the marvellous reports! Men's today, isn't it? Could you give a little extra cheer for Brian on my behalf? Internal will be fine. Allez, Baboo!

Columnist
    Junior Pairs SP

Group One

1. Vlada Mishina / Vladim Ivanov 39.30

They performed a nice group 5 Toe Lasso Lift, sadly at their double Axel a few minor issues with the landings, same with their triple Toe Throw, I liked their Step Sequence though!

2. Vanessa Bauer / Nolan Seegert 37.42

Besides the Pair from HGK the only non Russian Junior Pair tonight. I loved how in sync they were at times, it all looked very smooth - nice harmony also in the combination spin at the end. Pity about their double RIttberger though, that harmony and syncronisation of the other elements didnt came through there and received negative feedback by the judges. Still nice couple.

Group 2

3. Marin Ono / Hon Lam To 33.08

She had a heavily taped knee maybe an injury or a precussion - not sure. They had to abort their lift as well, glad that nothing bad happened there and she returned safely to the ice! What I also noticed was how close her blade was at the end of the no touch, but again nothing bad happened there! I hope they stay safe in their LP.

4. Rinata Murasova / Sergey Alekseev 46.08

I wonder if those got an Ice Dance Background, as they showed us a nice Twizzle in their no touch. In general their choreo and the whole interpretation was very nice to see, also liked their costumes. But also their pair skating was nice, like the double ToeW which had great height - level four, just like the other russian pair after them.

5. Arina Cheryavskaya / Antonia Souza Cordeyr 50.30

Those are a very talented couple. Loved their double Toe at the start of their programm, they also attempted an triple Throw Toe, while receiving negative GOE, still a big element for such a junior couple I think, also a nice group 5 lasso lift well executed. Its going to be intersting to see where their road will lead to in the future. I like those two a lot!

Result SP

1 Arina CHERNYAVSKAYA / Antonio SOUZA-CORDEYRU RUS 50.30
    2 Rinata MURASOVA / Sergey ALEKSEEV RUS 46.08
    3 Vlada MISHINA / Vadim IVANOV RUS 39.30
    4 Vanessa BAUER / Nolan SEEGERT GER 37.24
    5 Marin ONO / Hon Lam TO HKG 33.08

Senior Pairs SP

We lost quite a few couples early this year, Vanessa and Morgan but also Annabelle & Ruben had to sit out. Still not sure what happened to the French but Annabelle is currently sick, so get well soon!

1. Maylin & Daniel Wende 58.23

I musst admit, besides Annabelle & Ruben my favorite german pair since years. The way how they skate together is just wonderful, especially at their Death Spiral which was back inside. He presents his wife with proud, probably my favorite element of them its a shame that you cant get points for such things in FS.
    But also the no touch was lovely choreographed and in sync, nice steps as well and a level 4 combination spin. To be honest I was a bit shocked that they only came third. Their triple Flip got quite some heavy deductions, it wasnt flawless indeed but still she worked hard to stay on her feed there and the smile said it all!

2. Elizaveta Makarova / Leri Kenchadze 41.95

They did everything a bit slower, with less revolutions but it was still a nice skate. They showed a nice DS and I loved their level 4 combination spin a lot.

3. Vera Bazarova / Yuriy Larionov 63.05

My favorite pair since years, especially their programms with a lot of passion and "love" I find amazing. They just look lovely together
    Not so lovely was their triple Toe today, it just didnt work out that well unfortunately, Vera was on the ice and Yuriy already had a bad feeling about this while still being in the air. Their rev. Lasso was really nice, but I didnt expect anything else to be honest, they know their stuff. Always a pleasure seeing them together. As for the whole choreo today, well it was a different programm type of skate than usual for them.
    It was more about funny traditional music - which showed especially at their no touch. I know that type of choreo and music from Ice Dance actually, new approach for their skating and I am curious what they have to offer at their LP.

4. Mari Vartmann / Aaron van Cleavev 60.79

In my opinion one of their best SP skates in the recent years, I really liked it a lot. The whole presentation and harmony with the music was nice, so was the Axel Lasso lift and their triple Sal. They actually only had one bigger mistake and that was unfortunately at the end with their DS that just died so to speak. Curious about their LP and if they can defend the second spot on the podium.

Result after SP:

1 Vera BAZAROVA / Yuriy LARIONOV RUS 63.05
    2 Mari VARTMANN / Aaron VAN CLEAVE GER 60.79
    3 Maylin WENDE / Daniel WENDE GER 58.23
    4 Elizaveta MAKAROVA / Leri KENCHADZE BUL 41.95

Columnist
    Glad you like it guys

Day Summary I need to do some other time, the Ladies are going to start in a few minutes.

As for the practice today,

Ladies:

Elena very hot and sexy in her performance, really enjoyed that. Same goes for Inga and Monika very elegant skates!

Fleur oh God! What a brilliant women she is, I always sit there with my mouth wide open when she performs. Her flibility is amazing, if she skates time stands still.

Polina, it will be very hard to beat this young lady - she looks in great shape.

Also made a big cross at Sandy Hoffmanns name and Ilara Nogaro´s. Keep an eye out for those, you wont regret it :D

And yes I send Brian an Alle´z

Columnist
    SP Ladies

Awesome performane by Elena with triple combo, she took the lead before Polina who didnt had her best day. Inga also ... oh god that was so sad to see what happened to her.

Fleur very good, was so happy to see that most of her jumps went okish. Some really nice performances also by the less known skaters.

Now the men!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast