Is Rochette considering olympics? | Golden Skate

Is Rochette considering olympics?

daphna

On the Ice
Just watched her performance at 2013 Japan Open, and it was awsome. no lutz, but everything else other than that, even the toe-sal combo was there. Is she planing on trying for Sochi? I think she has a really good chance!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
No, she announced a few weeks back that she would not try to make the Olympic team.

lcd

Match Penalty
It's kind of a shame. She would contribute meaningfully in the team event IMO

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
It's kind of a shame. She would contribute meaningfully in the team event IMO

I think they should change up the rules for the team event to encourage people like Joannie to join. If she didn't have to take a spot in the ladies singles event and could just skate a short program for Team Canada, I think she might choose to participate. In other words, I think qualifying teams should be able to send skaters different than those who are participating in the singles event.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Heck she could skate a long program:) I think she was scared or tired of competing and would have hated to put in not her best effort but from what we ahve seen she could actually still beat Osmond. I am not sure what her combo would be in the short but even a triple sal double toe and triple flip and double axel would put her in the top ten if clean. her long also even without the lutz would be top ten still - not bad - maybe top five if some make mistake her program is one of the best and skating skills - if they treated her like Caro top five would be pretty sure. But we can only dream:) Okay other than certain posters who we have noticed seem to somehow always "dislike" Canadian skaters. :)