Thread: Martiusheva/Rogonov

Hybrid View

Custom Title

Martiusheva/Rogonov

Just curious, what do people think of Martiusheva/Rogonov's chances for the Olympics? With Kavaguti and Smirnov most certainly done, I think that the 3rd spot on the team is between M/R and Stolbova/Klimov. I much prefer M/R - why are they getting so undermarked? I understand why the spin was voided in the CoC SP, but those components are much lower than they should be, IMO. They're a stunning team, whereas to me, S/K are just dull, doing their elements to random music.

Thoughts? Are M/R underscored? Will they make the Olympic team? I think a team of V/T, B/L, and M/R would be fantastic.

Banned
    , no competition S/K can easily score a 190+ if clean

M/R are sadly cannot be improved and are big headcases, they will stay B class skaters or break up in the near future again

Custom Title
    I don't think Martiusheva-Rogonov have a chance to be sent. They have been very inconsistent for the last few years. It is sad that when she landed the jump they mess up the spin!

There is also Antipova-Maisuradze and Gerboldt-Enbert. And Tarasova-Morozov are still skating for juniors but I think they are eligible for seniors and if by any chance they did very well in the JGPF and Russian nationals, they might have some chance.

But I agree that Stolbova-Klimov are most likely to be sent.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Stolbova-Klimov NEED to be sent. They are special. Better than B/L.

Custom Title
    Stolbova klimov are not dull. if anything M/R are the dull ones. she always looks miserable on the ice and always make errors. She has nice positions in lifts better even than stolbova but i wish she could at least enjoy herself out there. like her partner does.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    How can you call Stolbova/Klimov dull? The way their FS is laid out: the shapes they cut on the ice, the way they move from one element to another changing positions, it's one of the most interesting programs I've seen in Pairs for years.

S/K could be more expressive and they could do more with their upper bodies, yes. But there's more to skating than that and they have some really lovely qualities.