Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Martiusheva/Rogonov

Custom Title
    M/R finished below Bartholomay/Zhang at Cup of China because Rogonov dropped her out of an aborted lift --- she darned near fell right on her face---and he didn't seem in the least apologetic about it. She was seething in the KnC and he just shrugged. I would be surprised if these two have a future together.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    M/R finished below Bartholomay/Zhang at Cup of China because Rogonov dropped her out of an aborted lift --- she darned near fell right on her face---and he didn't seem in the least apologetic about it. She was seething in the KnC and he just shrugged. I would be surprised if these two have a future together.
    There has been rumours for several years that they would split up and they haven't yet. The truth is it is not as easy to find a compatible partner at such a high level. Mukhortova and Iluschetchkina did not manage to find a partner at all. Yankowskas took two years to find a partner. And having a new partner did not work particularly well for Maisuradze either. (They have not been very good at some B competition recently). Maybe a change of coach would work better than change of partner.

On the Ice
    I have been watching this team for a while but still have not seen them live. I really hope I will in near future because I think they have the "it" factor. I agree that changing of coach might be a good idea, to get a new start, as said for ex Vasiliev would suit them well. Perhaps a coach change could also give them the confidence so they will show their full potential .I hope they don't give up even though the judges are not giving them the scores they deserve. They are a great promizing par and i hope to see them at Euros if V/T will not compete.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiem View Post
    Are we sure that Bazarova/Larionov will continue competing after Sochi? Even if B/L stay in, I think Russia wants S/K to be their #1. Just look at the PCS their judges give them in domestic events. Very close to B/L even though internationally their PCS are not close at all.

As for the junior teams, who could make a challenge for the #1 spot? Most of those pairs are inconsistent. Two of them (V/Z and F/M) have never landed a triple jump in competition.
    I am certain Bazarova said they intend to continue after Sochi. Having a very hard time finding the article (and she did not specify if she meant for 6 months or for the next quad) but she said something along the lines of that she and Larinov will not have accomplished all they dream of by Sochi and will keep on competing for Russia, it is an honor to represent their country, yada yada yada. Will continue to search for the link.

Custom Title
    I agree, it would be a pity if B/L did not continue. After Savcheno/Szolkowy and Volosozhar/Trankov retire, B/L will have a chance to get gold at Europeans.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2