Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 34 of 34

Thread: The battle for the second and third US ice dance spots.

  1. #31
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    9,286
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    This is true in a way but I hope they don't think of it like that. There is unusual depth in dance in the USA now- more than in Russia and, in a way, more than in Canada. In ANY other country but those, the Shibs would be at absolute worst the DEFINITE number 2 team. In MOST other countries they would be the DEFINITE number one team. It is rough because the field REALLY IS that deep.
    I really doubt they are thinking of it like that. I think they know about the depth of U.S. Ice Dance. After all, they all train in Detroit. Chock and Bates are former training partners. I think if they're feeling distressed/discouraged, it's more due to their own personal circumstances rather than where they rank relative to everyone else. However, they don't really whine about it publicly, so that's really hard to say.

  2. #32
    Spiral Lover tulosai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    3,070
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I really doubt they are thinking of it like that. I think they know about the depth of U.S. Ice Dance. After all, they all train in Detroit. Chock and Bates are former training partners. I think if they're feeling distressed/discouraged, it's more due to their own personal circumstances rather than where they rank relative to everyone else. However, they don't really whine about it publicly, so that's really hard to say.
    This is so unrelated I should send you a PM, but it's also entertaining enough that I want to post it publicly. I had this vivid dream last night that you and I were hanging out with Ashley Wagner at US Nats. Further, you were a competitive figure skater and in first place after the short program. You also had a pink wig. Everyone was drinking martinis. It was very Gatsby.

    Proof that I think about figure skating and GS waaaay too much in m life.

  3. #33
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    16,755
    Someone should definitiely wear that pink wig!

    I wonder whether Evan Bates had an injury in the off season that cost some training time? It looks to me like Evan is suddenly more shaky than Madison, which is definitely not the way it normally is. However, both Igor & Marina have been very, very close-mouthed about the physical condition of their skaters, and I doubt Igor is suddenly going to tell everyone everything when it isn't necessary...

  4. #34
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    9,286
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    This is so unrelated I should send you a PM, but it's also entertaining enough that I want to post it publicly. I had this vivid dream last night that you and I were hanging out with Ashley Wagner at US Nats. Further, you were a competitive figure skater and in first place after the short program. You also had a pink wig. Everyone was drinking martinis. It was very Gatsby.

    Proof that I think about figure skating and GS waaaay too much in m life.
    Haha. Well I hope that you and I get to meet in real life sometime, maybe at a skating competition.

    I am going to Nationals...so perhaps I should buy a pink wig? I love martinis too, the more dirty the better!!


    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Someone should definitiely wear that pink wig!

    I wonder whether Evan Bates had an injury in the off season that cost some training time? It looks to me like Evan is suddenly more shaky than Madison, which is definitely not the way it normally is. However, both Igor & Marina have been very, very close-mouthed about the physical condition of their skaters, and I doubt Igor is suddenly going to tell everyone everything when it isn't necessary...
    I agree. We hard almost nada about Alex's injury (it was sort of an afterthought mentioned in an Ice Network Q&A) so I won't be surprised if Igor keeps his mouth shut either.

    And it's really not necessary when your team is still wining GP medals and placing in the top 10 at Worlds. This isn't a case of Rachael Flatt tibiagate.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •