Men FS - Cup of China 2013 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Men FS - Cup of China 2013

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Han YAN (CHN)

Music: Minor Waltz Michael Poral

Black pants. Black jacket over white shirt w/ red (blood?) and silver sequins detail

3A - stepout
4T+3T
3F - big
StSq
FCSp
something - choppy feed
3Lz+2T+2Lo
3F - fall, no combo
CCoSp
3Lz
3S
ChSt
CSSp

Some mistakes from what I could see. Maybe his SP can keep him ahead

Score: 75.14+81.34-1.00=155.48 (PB), 245.62 (PB) and 1st overall

enlight78

Medalist
Yan was so nervous and stiff , it was hard to watch, with all that pressure it was so different from how he skated in the SP , still manage to land most of the jumps clean

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
Yan is such a cutie!!! He was so sweet with hos coach in ciss and cry, they looked so happy :)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
What a strange event...
So far two gold medals went to two GP-debutants (and also a silver) - I guess the pressure really has gotten to the favorites

HR4

On the Ice
I really dont understand PCS of Han Yan, I just do not see how he can be closely compared to Kozuka, and in fact beat him. Strange event indeed,

cutesonic

Rinkside
I don't think so, but China hasn't won any gold medal except for pairs in so many year. Congratulations to Yan! Seems very nervous but well done!

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I am reading the protocol and still don't quite figure how the difference in TES between Maxim and Han can be so little. It doesn't make sense

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
WOW at the young guns in this competition! Han Yan and Maxim Kovtun have served notice that they don't want to wait their turn. Their time is now! Great for them! Two very talented young men on the rise! :yay::love:

Sara

On the Ice
WOW at the young guns in this competition! Han Yan and Maxim Kovtun have served notice that they don't want to wait their turn. Their time is now! Great for them! Two very talented young men on the rise! :yay::love:

:agree:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
BV and GOE tweaking ?

I can see the math, I just don't think it's fair. Maxim's only mistake was a 2T. Landed two freckin 4S and two amazing 3A. Han fell, Ur'd a jump, had a sole 3A with a step-out and only 2 combos. And the end result, Max wins the TES score by only 4 points and something. I get it, low levels and GOE for Maxim, but this is too much. And I am not even a fan of Kovtun.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I can see the math, I just don't think it's fair. Maxim's only mistake was a 2T. Landed two freckin 4S and two amazing 3A. Han fell, Ur'd a jump, had a sole 3A with a step-out and only 2 combos. And the end result, Max wins the TES score by only 4 points and something. I get it, low levels and GOE for Maxim, but this is too much. And I am not even a fan of Kovtun.

this is Cup of China, and judges seem to signal they really like Yan
If Kovtun continues to do well, he'll get reputation , his PCS rose a bit

I agree landing two 4S is nothing to sneeze about
so good for him

bramweld

Record Breaker

The posture on his jumps leave much to be desired..also does the quality of evrything else compare favourably with others. Maybe not too shabby but it could be much improved. He just needs to continue and improve in all areas , not just the jumps..

noidont

Final Flight

Maxim did his jumps, but not well. The air position of his two quads were scarily crooked and a lot of his other jumps had no flow going out. Han Yan, when he lands a jump, always gets +2 GOE or more and deserves it. This is the difference and why PChan has ruled the world for so long.

Ilvskating

Final Flight

Maxim has a little bit over 4 points higher BV then Han, and his total TES is about that much higher then Han. Both got about the same GOE.

Mao88

Record Breaker
MEN'S FREE SKATE - RESULT & VIDEOS

1. Han YAN (CHN) - 245.62 Free Skate
2. Maxim KOVTUN (RUS) - 238.65 Free Skate
3. Takahiko KOZUKA (JPN) - 226.92 Free Skate
4. Denis TEN (KAZ) - 224.80 Free Skate
5. Richard DORNBUSH (USA) - 218.57
6. Florent AMODIO (FRA) - 213.39
7. Peter LIEBERS (GER) - 200.80
8. Nan SONG (CHN) - 196.80
9. Yi WANG (CHN) - 185.22