Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Men FS - Cup of China 2013

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    WOW at the young guns in this competition! Han Yan and Maxim Kovtun have served notice that they don't want to wait their turn. Their time is now! Great for them! Two very talented young men on the rise!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    WOW at the young guns in this competition! Han Yan and Maxim Kovtun have served notice that they don't want to wait their turn. Their time is now! Great for them! Two very talented young men on the rise!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    I am reading the protocol and still don't quite figure how the difference in TES between Maxim and Han can be so little. It doesn't make sense
    BV and GOE tweaking ?

Custom Title
    I never thought I would see the day

Quote Originally Posted by noidont View Post
    Florent should go back to Morozov...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    BV and GOE tweaking ?
    I can see the math, I just don't think it's fair. Maxim's only mistake was a 2T. Landed two freckin 4S and two amazing 3A. Han fell, Ur'd a jump, had a sole 3A with a step-out and only 2 combos. And the end result, Max wins the TES score by only 4 points and something. I get it, low levels and GOE for Maxim, but this is too much. And I am not even a fan of Kovtun.

Banned
    I can see the math, I just don't think it's fair. Maxim's only mistake was a 2T. Landed two freckin 4S and two amazing 3A. Han fell, Ur'd a jump, had a sole 3A with a step-out and only 2 combos. And the end result, Max wins the TES score by only 4 points and something. I get it, low levels and GOE for Maxim, but this is too much. And I am not even a fan of Kovtun.
    this is Cup of China, and judges seem to signal they really like Yan
    If Kovtun continues to do well, he'll get reputation , his PCS rose a bit

I agree landing two 4S is nothing to sneeze about
    so good for him

Custom Title
    The posture on his jumps leave much to be desired..also does the quality of evrything else compare favourably with others. Maybe not too shabby but it could be much improved. He just needs to continue and improve in all areas , not just the jumps..

Custom Title
    Maxim did his jumps, but not well. The air position of his two quads were scarily crooked and a lot of his other jumps had no flow going out. Han Yan, when he lands a jump, always gets +2 GOE or more and deserves it. This is the difference and why PChan has ruled the world for so long.

Custom Title
    Maxim has a little bit over 4 points higher BV then Han, and his total TES is about that much higher then Han. Both got about the same GOE.

Custom Title
    MEN'S FREE SKATE - RESULT & VIDEOS

1. Han YAN (CHN) - 245.62 Free Skate
    2. Maxim KOVTUN (RUS) - 238.65 Free Skate
    3. Takahiko KOZUKA (JPN) - 226.92 Free Skate
    4. Denis TEN (KAZ) - 224.80 Free Skate
    5. Richard DORNBUSH (USA) - 218.57
    6. Florent AMODIO (FRA) - 213.39
    7. Peter LIEBERS (GER) - 200.80
    8. Nan SONG (CHN) - 196.80
    9. Yi WANG (CHN) - 185.22

I wonder what has happened to Kozu? He was sweating profusely, like he had a panic attack or something...

Custom Title
    I am reading the protocol and still don't quite figure how the difference in TES between Maxim and Han can be so little. It doesn't make sense
    I haven't seen the protocol, but I guess it's the GOE effect. Although there are standards for giving out GOE and PCS, they are still subjective to me most of the time. This is the first time I see Takahiko have 10 points more in PCS than in TES (Dennis and Florent also), but I like that and think he deserves those PCS scores.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by HR4 View Post
    I really dont understand PCS of Han Yan, I just do not see how he can be closely compared to Kozuka, and in fact beat him. Strange event indeed,
    ITA. No way Yan's PCS should be close to Kozuka, let alone beat him... Such home inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by noidont View Post
    Maxim did his jumps, but not well. The air position of his two quads were scarily crooked and a lot of his other jumps had no flow going out. Han Yan, when he lands a jump, always gets +2 GOE or more and deserves it. This is the difference and why PChan has ruled the world for so long.
    No, I don't think so. Yan's jumps can't be compared with those of Patrick at all. Patrick's jumps have good height and are usually followed by steps. Today Yan's jumps had little height, his landings were not that good, and there were no steps preceding his 4T and 3A. He also lips but wasn't called and got +1.4 GOE instead. I don't think he deserves the GOEs he got. Plus, when he falls, he almost always underrotates his jumps. Maxim's jumps at least had some height and had better quality and more difficulty than Yan's jumps. Yan got home inflation in both TES and PCS.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    Yan got home inflation in both TES and PCS.
    Yes, I've witnessed this inflation happening before when Yan skates in China, as a junior. It's never seemed to happen for Nan Song or the other Chinese men though.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Well, lets see

Kovtun rotated 2 quads, 2 triple axels, 2 other triples and a double axel. He didn't have triple flip, loop og toe loop in his program
    Yan rotated 1 quad, 1 triple axel and 5 other triples. He didn't have a triple loop in his program

Kovtun probably wanted a +3T back of his quad salchow. He could maximize by doing a 3F+1Lo+3S instead of a 3S+2T late in the program. Not doing the three triples really hurt his base value

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast