Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Men FS - Cup of China 2013

Custom Title
    Meh...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    . Today Yan's jumps had little height
    You keep on repeating the crap... Yeah, Yan's jumps are little, we believe you, LOL.

Custom Title
    MEN'S FREE SKATE - RESULT & VIDEOS

1. Han YAN (CHN) - 245.62 Free Skate
    2. Maxim KOVTUN (RUS) - 238.65 Free Skate
    3. Takahiko KOZUKA (JPN) - 226.92 Free Skate
    4. Denis TEN (KAZ) - 224.80 Free Skate
    5. Richard DORNBUSH (USA) - 218.57
    6. Florent AMODIO (FRA) - 213.39 Free Skate
    7. Peter LIEBERS (GER) - 200.80
    8. Nan SONG (CHN) - 196.80
    9. Yi WANG (CHN) - 185.22

Medal Ceremony

Custom Title
    I think that Han Yan´s performance was really enjoyable and he definetely deserved the scores he got.

Custom Title
    Kovtun was so slow, his back was sooooo hunched, at times he seemed confused as if he wasn't sure what he was supposed to do next. I had no sense that he was even aware that music was playing and he was supposed to be interpreting it. There was no way I could enjoy his performance in any way, as he certainly didn't seem to be enjoying it himself.

At least Yan's skating was to and with his music. He even fell perfectly on the beat! I loved his performance. I felt he was the fair winner.

I usually love Kozuka's skating, but Kozuka didn't seem to be himself this morning. He didn't even seem to be trying that hard midway through the program.

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    ^To me he looked sick. I was afraid he would collapse on the ice. Like the Ladies, this LP was a let down of sorts. Too many mistakes and not one really moving performance. It is weird to think that this might've been the last time we saw Kozuka on the international stage this season.

Banned
    It's stupid to send Song Nan to the worlds this year. He is not competitive with very poor basics. Yan Han is way ahead of him and will definitely go to Sochi.

Custom Title
    Very nice looking Men podium! Han Yan received the highest PCs of the night....haven't watched his performance yet, but 80+ for his second senior outing is pretty decent.

Custom Title
    He reminds me a little of Patrick Chan. Someone is obviously working on his skating skills and he has good flow across the ice. His reach back on the triple lutz reminded me of Donald Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    I think that Han Yan´s performance was really enjoyable and he definetely deserved the scores he got.

Custom Title
    After watching Han and Kovtun's programs it is clear to me Han earned every single point he got. Yes, he was nervous and lack of facial expression, but his skating, the flow,the speed, the edges, the body language were almost in par with Patrick Chan. The background became a blur when he skated pass it The jumps were big, with good speed in and out. I think Kovtun to Han is like Patrick Chan to Kevin R in Canada in the early years, Kevin is improving. He got the jumps, but the jumps were small and almost come to still at landing, skating is slow and jerky, shallow edges at the best. I'm not trying to put him down, quite a great start in senior competition. I hope he improve his skating skills and his jumps as well. For Han, I wish he will not be crashed by this early success, and I hope he put his 4S out sometime. What's more, I hope he does not give anybody opportunity for the "Chanflation" as he deserves get big PCS, especially SS and TR, and the choreography/composition are great for both programs. When I ignore the face, I would think it was Patrick Chan skating on the ice. I know this is seemingly compliment could get him in trouble but just can't help to draw the connection. I just wish Han strive to be consistent and reach his full potential.

I think the LP choreography is great,show off Han's skating skill very well. As much as I like Song Nan, Han seems deserve to be sent to the Olympics.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Kovtun was so slow, his back was sooooo hunched, at times he seemed confused as if he wasn't sure what he was supposed to do next. I had no sense that he was even aware that music was playing and he was supposed to be interpreting it. There was no way I could enjoy his performance in any way, as he certainly didn't seem to be enjoying it himself.

At least Yan's skating was to and with his music. He even fell perfectly on the beat! I loved his performance. I felt he was the fair winner.

I usually love Kozuka's skating, but Kozuka didn't seem to be himself this morning. He didn't even seem to be trying that hard midway through the program.
    Just watched Kozuka's performance, his shirt was dripping with sweat during the BEGINNING of his performance. OMG...was he really nervous?

Kozuka reminds me of Oda during 2010 Worlds - his mind is elsewhere :S

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post

I totally agree about kovtun but also this was the best showing by a Russian man since plushenko won COr in 2009. So congrats tarasova.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    I can see the math, I just don't think it's fair. Maxim's only mistake was a 2T. Landed two freckin 4S and two amazing 3A. Han fell, Ur'd a jump, had a sole 3A with a step-out and only 2 combos. And the end result, Max wins the TES score by only 4 points and something. I get it, low levels and GOE for Maxim, but this is too much. And I am not even a fan of Kovtun.
    Maxim's BV is not that high at you see, 74.01, while Han's BV is 69.97. Also, GOE for other well executed jumps from Han covered the loss from the 3A step out and 3F fall.

Custom Title
    The thing with men is the doing a quad allows the skater to do an extra triple jump, so if you land a quad, but pop or double a triple you are back to square one. Kovtun landed two 4S, but he also only landed two 3A and two other triples so, that pretty much only amount to 8 triples worth or points. That will not cut it against skater who land a quad or two and 7-8 triples jumps like Hanyu or Fernandez or Chan.

Custom Title
    MEN'S FREE SKATE - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)

1. Han YAN (CHN) - 245.62 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    2. Maxim KOVTUN (RUS) - 238.65 Free Skate
    3. Takahiko KOZUKA (JPN) - 226.92 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    4. Denis TEN (KAZ) - 224.80 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    5. Richard DORNBUSH (USA) - 218.57 Free Skate
    6. Florent AMODIO (FRA) - 213.39 Free Skate
    7. Peter LIEBERS (GER) - 200.80 Free Skate
    8. Nan SONG (CHN) - 196.80 Free Skate
    9. Yi WANG (CHN) - 185.22 Free Skate

Medal Ceremony

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast