3. Cheng PENG / Hao ZHANG (CHN) - 187.19 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    4. Xuehan WANG / Lei WANG (CHN) - 172.35 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    5. Alexa SCIMECA / Chris KNIERIM (USA) - 161.72 Free Skate
    6. Felicia ZHANG / Nathan BARTHOLOMAY (USA) - 155.52 Free Skate
    7. Anastasia MARTIUSHEVA / Alexei ROGONOV (RUS) - 147.19 Free Skate
    8. Daria POPOVA / Bruno MASSOT (FRA) - 141.33 Free Skate

Medal Ceremony

Custom Title
    S/S have better programs than V/T but the latter are just so much more effective and crisp. Only a miracle and a marked improvement would allow S/S the OGM.

Custom Title
    Really enjoyed W/W here. The lady adds so much to the team, considering the guy competed with his ex partner for many years, and they were boring and blah. And with Xuehan Wang for less than two years, he is getting much better results and looked like a new person.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Very nice from Wang/Wang! China might dominate Pairs again, starting next year. They have 3 very promising teams.

Custom Title
    I enjoyed Wang/Wang's performances the most!!! Xuehan is a treasure, and she and her partner has great chemistry. I never saw Ei Wang having any expression let alone chemistry with his ex partner. Xuehan is so charming she just light the arena up! I see great future for this pair! Yes, China has a great next cycle in stock now, three even four teams having the potential to do well even great.

If S/S can nail that Throw 3A the FP is going to be amazing... didn't think I'd like it, but their FP is pretty great. Has a lot of potential. Way better than their SP.

Custom Title
    I like their FD a lot too!! !

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    If S/S can nail that Throw 3A the FP is going to be amazing... didn't think I'd like it, but their FP is pretty great. Has a lot of potential. Way better than their SP.

Custom Title
    I agree, if S/S can land the 3A cleanly at the end, that would be a big Bang, and huge boost to the marks. She looks lovely.

Custom Title
    I really enjoyed S/S's Free Program. Had the smooth flowy-ness of a good 6.0 pairs program. Loved it and yes, if they nail the throw at the end, it will be quite a punch for a finale.

Banned
    It's criminal that the PCS gap between V/T and S/S is close to 10 in free skate alone! What a farce.

Custom Title
    I know everyone disagrees with my position but I will stick with it Ssquared's fp to the Nutcracker is an absolute farce. they have NO connection to the music. It doesn't suit them. They are skating through the music as though it is was there - sure they got a few highlights but really disappointed. it showed their lack of lines. It really doesn't seem to suit them - they could be wearing anything - and the colors weren't so hot either especially on Robin. Compared to V/T I would have V/T ten marks over in pcs. I know it is early in the season but this is NOT squared it is like putting leather and studs on a classically trained ballerina it is incogruent, this is the worst program I have seen from squared ever and not worhty of OGM but I fear they may get it on the ride of the triple axel at the end. I know they want OGM but I really hope they don't get it with this programme. I wish the judges would mark the technically high but sewer this team - the judges won't but I would have this behind pc wise P and T, the italians, the top two Canadians and several russian pairs. it won't happen but I strongly do not htink this programme is Oly Gold worthy and a terrible fit for squared. Very shockingly disappointed

Custom Title
    I wish SS just stopped doing their 3a. It's just a big No for them. I mean they won't get high score for it if not clean, and to make it clean is...a challenge. They have a huge 3f, so they should stuck to it. The 2d throw should be easier for them to execute it perfectly.

Rinkside
    I actually applaude them for giving it a go with the 3a. Do not forget it is just the beginning of the season. And also which alternative do S/S have with the gifted PCS gap of about 10 points to V/T?? At least they are not giving up aiming for Sochi gold in settling for anything else. At the same time they are pushing pair skating further. I am simply bored with the repetitive, safe layout of V/T's free skate (loop and salchow throw...).

Koatcue I agree with you that the 3a is a huge risk. In my opinion it is about time that the base value gets adjusted to reflect the much higher difficulty to the 3fl or 3l throws.

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    I really like the Nutcracker program. Definitely more than JCS. A great combi would be V/T SP and S/S LP. Would be great if S/S win the long at Olympics and V/T the short.

Custom Title
    Oh and SUCH admiration and respect for Pang & Tong. Short program was a pleasure to watch them skate clean

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast