Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Ladies FS - Cup of China 2013

Custom Title
    Zijun is also visibly heavier than her appearance at Worlds, just by comparing her legs then with now. Her last height record was 161cm from ISU bio, and changed to 163cm recently. So many young ladies' jumps depend on how much their bodies change, especially for those with average skating skills. When jumps are gone, there is almost nothing else left

I don't believe it is not the end of the world for Li. When she gets over her puberty, she will come back stronger and faster.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    How were the judges unfair in the previous two events?
    The placements were fair, you are right, but the scores were a little bit inflated compared to this event, and I am not the only one who thinks that way, I am afraid...

Custom Title
    The quality of skating was better at the first two events.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky85 View Post
    The placements were fair, you are right, but the scores were a little bit inflated compared to this event, and I am not the only one who thinks that way, I am afraid...
    The skating was also MUCH better compared to this event.

Let's consider a few statistics, shall we?

1.) At Skate America, We had 2 ratified 3-3 combos in the short and three in the FS. At Skate Canada, we had four ratified 3-3 combos in the short three in the long. At Cup of China, there two skaters with ratified 3-3 in the SP and only ONE ratified 3-3 in the FS (by Anna Pogorilaya.)

2.) Here's the TES of all three events.
    Julia: 70.46 (Skate Canada)
    Elizaveta: 64.30 (Skate America)
    Courtney: 62.31 (Skate Canada)
    Mao: 62.83 (Skate America)
    Anna: 62.15 (Cup of China)
    Akiko: 61.76 (Skate Canada)
    Elena: 59.04 (Skate America)
    Ashley: 58.54 (Skate America)
    Mae Bernice: 58.31 (Skate America)
    Samantha Cesario: 56.98 (Skate America)
    Gracie Gold: 56.09 (Skate Canada)
    Christina Gao: 53.95 (Skate Canada)
    Kanako: 51.59 (Cup of China)
    Adelina: 50.36 (Cup of China)
    Xiaowen Guo: 50.53 (Cup of China)
    Carolina: 46.34 (Cup of China)

As for the PCS:

Mao: 69.54
    Akiko: 66.23
    Ashley: 66.01
    Carolina: 65.31
    Gracie: 62.11
    Julia: 60.88
    Adelina: 60.31
    Elizaveta: 59.25
    Elena: 58.90
    Samantha: 57.49
    Kanako 57.03
    Christina: 56.92
    Anna: 56.23
    Amelie: 56.00
    Valentina: 54.92
    Viktoria: 54 63
    Nikol: 53.48
    Mae Bernice: 53.20
    Elene: 53.19
    Courtney: 49.99

The scores are higher for the first two events because the skaters actually did the elements. At Cup of China, Carolina and Adelina would have scored even lower if not for PCS.

Custom Title
    After reading the comments about Caro's skate, I thought she must be done, that time finally caught up with her.
    Well, after seeing her fs, it wasn't really that bad. Of course, being Caro, many jumps were messed up, couple of doubled jumps here, a fall there (on the 3t AGAIN, what is with her and the toe loop?). But it was actually enjoyable, using a familiar staple Scheherazade with some pretty footwork and REALLY crowd pleasing backward spiral (lots of hoots seeing her long leg high up to her tush hehe) near the end of the program. The crowd could've gotten into it more, but I know this ain't Euros, and the missed jumps prolly took some sail out of her.
    All in all, I hope she just skates for her own personal enjoyment- she really deserves too after all these years even going back into the 2 previous olympics where she didn't fare as well. A medal at Sochi would be a great achievement for her.

Custom Title
    Well i hope Carolina will not get a medal with 3-4 triples and super inflated PCS in Sochi.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    The skating was also MUCH better compared to this event.

Let's consider a few statistics, shall we?

1.) At Skate America, We had 2 ratified 3-3 combos in the short and three in the FS. At Skate Canada, we had four ratified 3-3 combos in the short three in the long. At Cup of China, there two skaters with ratified 3-3 in the SP and only ONE ratified 3-3 in the FS (by Anna Pogorilaya.)

2.) Here's the TES of all three events.
    Julia: 70.46 (Skate Canada)
    Elizaveta: 64.30 (Skate America)
    Courtney: 62.31 (Skate Canada)
    Mao: 62.83 (Skate America)
    Anna: 62.15 (Cup of China)
    Akiko: 61.76 (Skate Canada)
    Elena: 59.04 (Skate America)
    Ashley: 58.54 (Skate America)
    Mae Bernice: 58.31 (Skate America)
    Samantha Cesario: 56.98 (Skate America)
    Gracie Gold: 56.09 (Skate Canada)
    Christina Gao: 53.95 (Skate Canada)
    Kanako: 51.59 (Cup of China)
    Adelina: 50.36 (Cup of China)
    Xiaowen Guo: 50.53 (Cup of China)
    Carolina: 46.34 (Cup of China)

As for the PCS:

Mao: 69.54
    Akiko: 66.23
    Ashley: 66.01
    Carolina: 65.31
    Gracie: 62.11
    Julia: 60.88
    Adelina: 60.31
    Elizaveta: 59.25
    Elena: 58.90
    Samantha: 57.49
    Kanako 57.03
    Christina: 56.92
    Anna: 56.23
    Amelie: 56.00
    Valentina: 54.92
    Viktoria: 54 63
    Nikol: 53.48
    Mae Bernice: 53.20
    Elene: 53.19
    Courtney: 49.99

The scores are higher for the first two events because the skaters actually did the elements. At Cup of China, Carolina and Adelina would have scored even lower if not for PCS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    The quality of skating was better at the first two events.
    Of course, you two are right in that there is no denying that the two previous events were much much better and I am aware of the technical superiority of the performances at those events. Also there were way more mistakes at COC, so the scores should reflect that. But even then some of the scores at SA and SC were a couple of points higher than what I would have given.... But then it could be the trend for this Olympic season, so I can't really compare it with last season... and it's strictly my opinion, not a truth.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    I don't believe it is not the end of the world for Li. When she gets over her puberty, she will come back stronger and faster.
    I hope not. I was just commenting about Zijun's performance here. Remembering when Liza got much heavier in a matter of a few weeks, her skating didn't plummeted as much. But Zijun is going to Sochi anyways, so she has time to prove herself.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen3000 View Post
    Well i hope Carolina will not get a medal with 3-4 triples and super inflated PCS in Sochi.
    That's the question for Sochi- how will a Caro with a 3-4 clean triples and her big PCS do against a possibly 6-7 clean Julia with her smallish jumps and rising PCS (and being russia, may be a high for her), assuming a cleanish Yuna and Mao, with her insane layout, are locks for a medal.

Custom Title
    Adelina can't seem to do a 3turn- she looks incredibly hesitant going into her flips.
    She looks much more comfortable doing a ?mohawk?(not sure what the term is) going into her flutz.

~high art~
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    And because the panel intentionally ignored a lot of URed jumps especially at Skate America.

Quote Originally Posted by koatcue View Post
    PS - I haven't wished Sotnikova ILL , for those who can't read. I said she should skate up to her potential, like here That's not a secret I don 't want her on the team in Sochi. After Olys, whatever..She could be even 20th at Worlds, not that I mind..
    Quote Originally Posted by koatcue View Post
    Sotnikova is done
    I hope she'll be as bad at Nats so she won't be sent to the Olys. Haha, POGORILAYA is 1st here
    Such a weak field..
    Hoping Sotnikova will do 'as bad' at Nats IS wishing her ill. Not to mention laughing 'Haha' at her misfortune. Your post was flat-out mean.

Quote Originally Posted by mirai4life View Post
    wow, Agnes skated a clean program without any falls or slips in years.

Quote Originally Posted by sequinsgalore View Post
    Agnes ZAWADZKI (USA)

Music: La Cumparsita; Tango Jalousie

Black sparkly long-sleeved lace dress w/ open back and keyhole cutout

3Lo - landed, her first internationally? Perhaps <
    3T+2T - wonky
    3F - e
    StSq
    3Lz+2T - hand down on lutz
    FCSp
    3Lz - ina bauer entry, fall. Looked <
    2S+2T+2Lo - twofooted, turn out
    LSp
    1A - wonky
    ChSq
    CCoSp - bit shaky on camel

I guess we're used to it now. 1 fall, 3 pops and several shaky landings

Score: 43.26+51.65-1.00=93.91, 147.64, 1st out of 4
    So did Agnes fall or not guys?

Wow. Can't believe the results!!! A mild shock! Thanks everyone who provided PBPs! Can't wait to watch videos!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Moment View Post
    And because the panel intentionally ignored a lot of URed jumps especially at Skate America.
    Which UR jumps did the judges intentionally ignore?

Custom Title
    Great to hear that Kostner´s costume will be changed!!! This one looked rather strange and the colours were not good together. I like her programme and later when she will be ready with it, it will be relly wonderful. The winner jumped well, but otherwise I was not drawn into her skating.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast