Ladies FS - Cup of China 2013 | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Ladies FS - Cup of China 2013

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
SaraM said:
no doubt her team is bringing her down with that self-destructive jump layout she has... the flip aint happening, let it go... stick to 1 flip and the free and replace the others, cmon now! and i actually like adelina and want her to make the team

Yes, repeating the 3Lo instead of the 3F would be better, and she could scrap the 3-3 too and stick with the 2A-3T. That's still 7 triples and her good jumps score well enough on +GOE.
More than that, I'd really like her to change to a real jump coach, because her flaws look fixable to me, and she definitly has the strength to pull out those 3-3's. But I guess that won't happen.

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
Yes, repeating the 3Lo instead of the 3F would be better, and she could scrap the 3-3 too and stick with the 2A-3T. That's still 7 triples and her good jumps score well enough on +GOE.
More than that, I'd really like her to change to a real jump coach, because her flaws look fixable to me, and she definitly has the strength to pull out those 3-3's. But I guess that won't happen.

exactly!! such a shame, theyre waisting a great talent... besides im worried about her confidence for her next event after this..

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I don't like Kostner's new FS. I wonder when she'll decide to go back to the Bolero.

I'll give it another try IF she changes that hideous costume, lands more jumps and gives up the Bambi face (and leaves home her evil twin sister :mad:). This was not the Carolina we've seen the last couple of years. Bring her back.
Even her Bolero would look bad with this kind of skate and nerves, I am sure

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
SaraM said:
exactly!! such a shame, theyre waisting a great talent... besides im worried about her confidence for her next event after this..

Adelina pulled herself back together pretty well after her disaster at CoR last season :) She skated decently at Russian nats and really well at Euros. And eventhough she skated bad in the LP, she still won silver over Caro. At least she'll be skating at TEB and not NHK, which will be a bloodbath.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Lol.

Besides, "Sotnikova is done" with a thumbs up afterwards is already awful enough.
Don't say "at least I'm honest" as if you did anything good there. You can be honest and say you don't want her on the team without being disrespectful and mean-spirited towards her as a skater and athlete who works hard, even if she doesn't manage to get it out there in competitions. If she skates good at nationals, she deserves to be on the team. If others skate beter, they'll be picked over her. End of story.
You are veeeeeery precise. My "thumbs up" was a sarcasm =/
Good for you to look through it!:) I worry about her, but I want girls to be on podium, and 110 is...blah for Olys and Worlds. Bur of course you'll try to make me a disrespectful (really?) monster or smth. I'll give you ten :thumbsup: if I want so. And point to the usage of emoticons is not so bright imho..Have a good day, nethertheless

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Adelina: EC2013 193.99 PB CoC2013 174.70
Carolina: WC2013 197.89 PB CoC2013 173.40
Kanako: WC2013 189.73 PB CoC2013 165.95
Agnes: RT2013 166.61 PB CoC2013 147.64
Kexin: 4CC2012 162.52 PB CoC2013 144.88
Zujin: WC2013 183.85 PB CoC2013 138.98

That is six out of ten ladies getting a significantly lower score (15+ pts) at CoC2013 than their PB. Zujin totally broke down. At SA it happened to Viktoria, Elene and Caroline. At SC it was only Veronik.

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
Adelina pulled herself back together pretty well after her disaster at CoR last season :) She skated decently at Russian nats and really well at Euros. And eventhough she skated bad in the LP, she still won silver over Caro. At least she'll be skating at TEB and not NHK, which will be a bloodbath.

well im going to paris for TEB and will se her skate live there... those flips are gonna annoy me..

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
SaraM said:
well im going to paris for TEB and will se her skate live there... those flips are gonna annoy me..

Haha, if my university schedule allows me too, I'll go to TEB too, and I feel like I'll bring a pillow or something with me, so I can hide behind it when the scary jumps come up! :biggrin: (and not just for Adelina, but my other favorites, like Yuzuru, too). Oh well, the nerves!

And koatcue, yes, wishing a skater to skate bad at an event is disrespectful for me. I don't think that's such a suprising thing to say.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
what Adelina needs now is a jump coach and technique overhaul , maybe too late this season
what moron team would insist on putting two 3Flips which is her nemesis ? you dont confront your achilles heel you hide it
her team doenst seem to understand that , * Tarasova and Buyanova :rolleye:

maybe she could go to Mishin for jumps ?

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
what Adelina needs now is a jump coach and technique overhaul , maybe too late this season
what moron team would insist on putting two 3Flips which is her nemesis ? you dont confront your achilles heel you hide it
her team doenst seem to understand that , * Tarasova and Buyanova :rolleye:

I thought the same, but it's unlikely to happen..(

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Cool, I'll write you a PM if I go to TEB, SaraM! :yay:

sky_fly20 said:

Given that Mishin trains Liza, I doubt he'd take Adelina. Ilia Kulik seems to have done a great job with Miyahara, maybe he could help Adelina too.

Sara

On the Ice
Haha, if my university schedule allows me too, I'll go to TEB too, and I feel like I'll bring a pillow or something with me, so I can hide behind it when the scary jumps come up! :biggrin: (and not just for Adelina, but my other favorites, like Yuzuru, too). Oh well, the nerves!

And koatcue, yes, wishing a skater to skate bad at an event is disrespectful for me. I don't think that's such a suprising thing to say.

If you need tickets to TEB let me know! It starts to look like I cannot go there as I have a few big exams the week after. I might be interested in selling my tickets, I have one for Friday and one for Sat evening. I would sell them with 25 euros (I paid 65) in total, so it is a really good price. Good seats too.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Kostner landed two clean triples and scored 110 :rofl:

I know. 110 points! Her PCS was 0.41 less than her FS that won Worlds. :confused:

Though it was considerably less than the 70+ PCS she scored in last year's FS.

Still kinda crazy that her SP and FS were enough for bronze, almost silver.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Sara said:
If you need tickets to TEB let me know! It starts to look like I cannot go there as I have a few big exams the week after. I might be interested in selling my tickets, I have one for Friday and one for Sat evening. I would sell them with 25 euros (I paid 65) in total, so it is a really good price. Good seats too.

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind - and anyway, good luck for your exams! :)

EricRohmer

On the Ice
I wouldn't be too worried yet at this point in the season. If you recall the 2009 Grand Prix prior to the 2010 Olympics, we saw some pretty forgettable skates from all of Kim, Asada, and Rochette, particularly Mao and Joannie. No one was really dominating the Grand Prix Series that year and putting down consistent 6 or 7 triple skates. We certainly didn't see a skate like Julia Lipnitskaia delivered in Canada. Mao Asada skated so badly at her GP events that she did not even qualify for the Grand Prix Final prior to the 2010 Olympics. Rochette did qualify for the Final, but skated very poorly in the LP landing only 3 clean triples to finish 5th out of 6 skaters. Yu-Na Kim ended up winning the Grand Prix Final with only 4 clean triples in her LP. Not really stellar skating from the Olympic medalists that Grand Prix Season at all. There is still a lot of time for these skaters to clean up their acts before the big events.

hmm.. Yuna set 3 WRs at GP series to Vancouver.
LP WR(09TEB, 133.**), total scores WR(09TEB, 210.**), SP WR(09SA, 76.**)
Yuna upgraded 3F3T→3Lz3T at that season.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
hmm.. Yuna set 3 WRs at GP series to Vancouver.
LP WR(09TEB, 133.**), total scores WR(09TEB, 210.**), SP WR(09SA, 76.**)
Yuna upgraded 3F3T→3Lz3T at that season.

Yeah, but she was beaten by Rachael Flatt in the LP at Skate America when she fell multiple times and like I said, she won the GP Final with only 4 triples and she lost the GPF SP to Miki Ando. What I was implying was that the Olympic medalists in Vancouver were not without flaws in the GP series.

Kirk

Rinkside
Yeah, but she was beaten by Rachael Flatt in the LP at Skate America when she fell multiple times and like I said, she won the GP Final with only 4 triples and she lost the GPF SP to Miki Ando. What I was implying was that the Olympic medalists in Vancouver were not without flaws in the GP series.
And those four triples were much harder ones that Carolina ever tried in the past three or four seasons. And that was Yuna at her lowest in her entire career. Four triples in lp.
Since Vancouver she has always managed to skate a lp with 5 triples at least.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope Carolina will improve her programs a lot more throughout the season..... (which we all know she is more than capable of), but I couldn't help but think about Yu-na's Scherezade all throughout Carolina's performance.

I thought of Michelle's. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoWrWD8M_cU This isn't even one of my favorites of Michelle's programs, but the choreography was really well-done, with the big moves and the footwork sequence hitting the notes of the music just right. I especially loved the double falling leafs at the end. Sorry, Lori, you didn't improve on one of Michelle's programs choreo'd by someone else this time.