Ladies FS - Cup of China 2013 | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Ladies FS - Cup of China 2013

bluesky85

On the Ice
I really liked how the judges were so fair at this event compared to the two previous ones. I also like that Anna did so well, but if she makes it to the final, I feel like she is going to the final 50% because of her good showing here but also 50% because of her luck in being placed at such a weak event....

Sara

On the Ice
Sotnikova is done:thumbsup:
I hope she'll be as bad at Nats so she won't be sent to the Olys. Haha, POGORILAYA is 1st here:eek:
Such a weak field..

I normally don't even bother to make a comment on posts like this, but this time I have to say that I really hate it when people wish bad things to happen to a skater. :mad:

bluesky85

On the Ice
I must say I see a ton of potential with Anna. She needs some polishing but she has such nice long limbs. Also those jumps have spring to them. I'm less worried about them surviving than I am about Julia's surviving...

Agree...

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
What a weird event... absolutly nothing compared to SA and SC. But congrats to Anna, very good senior debut and she really deserved the gold here! I'll keep my fingers crossed for her to pull an even bigger upset and make the GPF :)

Not liking a skater is completly fine, but wishing someone ill and being happy they did badly is plain uncalled for and mean. Posts like yours are really unnecessary :disapp:

It might be mean, but I'm honest here. It will be horrible if she is on the podium in Nats. Russia has 2 spots and to leave 1 of them for a skater who can't compete is a bad thing. I recall 2012 Nats when she was 1st, leaving Julia with 2d place despite her excellent skate. Federation loves her, but if she skates like here, maybe they'll change their minds and stop pulling her 1st.. Once again, first of all I'd like Russian girls to be competitive. In that case they should be clean. I want a chance for podium. It's still sport.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
PS - I haven't wished Sotnikova ILL , for those who can't read. I said she should skate up to her potential, like here;) That's not a secret I don 't want her on the team in Sochi. After Olys, whatever..She could be even 20th at Worlds, not that I mind..

Ilvskating

Final Flight
That was so disappointing. Caro just attempted 4 triples, with two ur, so only two clean triples. There should be a lower limit of BV to allow a medal being merited.

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
Carro is jinxed when it comes to the olympic seasons.... dont even think she could make it to the GPF here

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Hmm, she pretty much has to win her next GP. In her next GP she is facing Lipnitskaia, Tuktamysheva, Nagasu among others...

I could see Kostner taking silver if she succeeds but she will need to be perfect to defeat Lipnitskaia(unless she messes up). Lipnitskaia already scored higher than Kostner's PB in Skate Canada and she's looking extremely consistent.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What a terrible competition. Anna deserved to win, she has matured a lot and has strong jumps. I saw her in junior worlds and didn't like her at that time. Is she only 160 cm tall? Looks more like Carolina's height. It is true what you said about Caro, you can see from her face that she is very nervous. I know she usually starts the season slowly but I did not expect to see her skate this badly!! I also don't like either of her programmes too much. Please take Bolero back! I'm glad to hear that the costume she was wearing today is probably a temporary one. I'm quite worried about her chances to make it to the podium in Sochi with these programmes and her hesitant skating. I'm not sure if she will be able to improve enough... Not having a solid triple-triple she has to skate clean in Sochi to medal. What kind of injury did Caro have earlier this season, does anybody know??

I hope Zijun recovers from her injuries soon, whatever happened to her. Poor girl, she was the last out of 10 skaters. And Adelina has to leave at least one of her flips out, it is too risky for her to have two of them.

I wouldn't be too worried yet at this point in the season. If you recall the 2009 Grand Prix prior to the 2010 Olympics, we saw some pretty forgettable skates from all of Kim, Asada, and Rochette, particularly Mao and Joannie. No one was really dominating the Grand Prix Series that year and putting down consistent 6 or 7 triple skates. We certainly didn't see a skate like Julia Lipnitskaia delivered in Canada. Mao Asada skated so badly at her GP events that she did not even qualify for the Grand Prix Final prior to the 2010 Olympics. Rochette did qualify for the Final, but skated very poorly in the LP landing only 3 clean triples to finish 5th out of 6 skaters. Yu-Na Kim ended up winning the Grand Prix Final with only 4 clean triples in her LP. Not really stellar skating from the Olympic medalists that Grand Prix Season at all. There is still a lot of time for these skaters to clean up their acts before the big events.

Ilvskating

Final Flight
Hopefully she can break the curse this time. She deserves a decent performance at the Olympics. But I don't think she's going to medal. One of the Russian babies will most likely be on podium with all those triple-triples, and Mao and Yuna don't seem to be off the podium any time soon.

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
Hmm, she pretty much has to win her next GP. In her next GP she is facing Lipnitskaia, Tuktamysheva, Nagasu among others...

I could see Kostner taking silver if she succeeds but she will need to be perfect to defeat Lipnitskaia(unless she messes up). Lipnitskaia already scored higher than Kostner's PB in Skate Canada and she's looking extremely consistent.

I seriously doubt she will beat julia, if best she will get the silver there and hopefuly make it to the final. As for the russian ladies i think that the only one lock for a olys spot right now is julia

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
koatcue said:
PS - I haven't wished Sotnikova ILL , for those who can't read.
koatcue said:
I hope she'll be as bad at Nats so she won't be sent to the Olys

Lol.

Besides, "Sotnikova is done" with a thumbs up afterwards is already awful enough.
Don't say "at least I'm honest" as if you did anything good there. You can be honest and say you don't want her on the team without being disrespectful and mean-spirited towards her as a skater and athlete who works hard, even if she doesn't manage to get it out there in competitions. If she skates good at nationals, she deserves to be on the team. If others skate beter, they'll be picked over her. End of story.

Sara

On the Ice
I wouldn't be too worried yet at this point in the season. If you recall the 2009 Grand Prix prior to the 2010 Olympics, we saw some pretty forgettable skates from all of Kim, Asada, and Rochette, particularly Mao and Joannie. No one was really dominating the Grand Prix Series that year and putting down consistent 6 or 7 triple skates. We certainly didn't see a skate like Julia Lipnitskaia delivered in Canada. Mao Asada skated so badly at her GP events that she did not even qualify for the Grand Prix Final prior to the 2010 Olympics. Rochette did qualify for the Final, but skated very poorly in the LP landing only 3 clean triples to finish 5th out of 6 skaters. Yu-Na Kim ended up winning the Grand Prix Final with only 4 clean triples in her LP. Not really stellar skating from the Olympic medalists that Grand Prix Season at all. There is still a lot of time for these skaters to clean up their acts before the big events.

I hope you're right. Thanks for reminding about the previous oly season!

Mirunna

Record Breaker

Thanks for this. I forgot the GP events before Vancouver. Let's hope Caro and Adelina will up their game at the next GP events

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Can not believe Anna won, before the free I thought she would do well to finish on the podium, but she earned a well deserved victory. She has a real chance of making the GPF now and possibly Sochi, she definitely can compete under pressure. Disappointing from Kostner, there seemed to be no belief or confidence on the ice, I can't see this programme making it on to an olympic programme.

A very disappointing skate from Sotnikova, I expected after Kostners performace it was hers to lose and lost it she did, it must be a real worry for her to bet by a first year senior from Russia. Why does she insist on doing two 3F, it is asking for trouble. She had only 3 clean triples, can she no do a solo 3T? Her levels on spins on footwork could be greatly improved.

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
Lol.

Besides, "Sotnikova is done" with a thumbs up afterwards is already awful enough.
Don't say "at least I'm honest" as if you did anything good there. You can be honest and say you don't want her on the team without being disrespectful and mean-spirited towards her as a skater and athlete who works hard, even if she doesn't manage to get it out there in competitions. If she skates good at nationals, she deserves to be on the team. If others skate beter, they'll be picked over her. End of story.

:clap::clap:

bramweld

Record Breaker
^ Her team needs a spanking. But wait Tat ain't gonna spank herself will she? So she will probably Flutz herself out of the Olympics. Well done, well done!!:rolleye:

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
no doubt her team is bringing her down with that self-destructive jump layout she has... the flip aint happening, let it go... stick to 1 flip in the free, and none in the sp and replace the others with loop or toe, cmon now! and i actually like adelina and want her to make the team

szidon

On the Ice
I don't like Kostner's new FS. I wonder when she'll decide to go back to the Bolero.

Overall, it was a very disappointing events, but judging was very satisfying.