Ladies FS - Cup of China 2013 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Ladies FS - Cup of China 2013

Mirunna

Record Breaker
What a strange competition. It's been almost 3 years since I've seen Carolina with her Bambi face on again. I am gutted. Pressure is back on for her. Terribly. She didn't own the music like she used to do it.
Adelina and her flips again, what's more to say...I sort of expected it.
Anna WOW! Big, big surprise here. But very deserving win

raress

On the Ice
Carolina has to go back to her Bolero program!It was divine,in all the ways,and it really shown her skating quality!This Scheherazade program is just not going to work for her.

Kinga

Medalist
It was not only a splatfest but also a snoozefest. Boring LPs, which is a big disappointment especially when it comes to top skaters like Kostner, Sotnikowa and Murakami. Anna's victory well deserved!!

bluesky85

On the Ice
Will be a large confidence boost for Anna, but her score would have put her off the podium in Canada or America. Still nice work Anna!! You are the champion tonight!!

hurrah

Medalist
BBC: 'Kostner lucky to be on the podium'... :eek:
What happened to Caro?
And Adelina as well? Missed both flips and fell twice. :scowl:

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
Will be a large confidence boost for Anna, but her score would have put her off the podium in Canada or America. Still nice work Anna!! You are the champion tonight!!

these girls are lucky to medal here. not competitive at all by their performances.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Why can't the Russian federation ban Adelina from doing flips? In the fs you know she can't do them. She can't do them. Flips cost her the win. Rarely has a skater been so knowingly self destructive and seemingly wants and craves failure.

riceplate

On the Ice
I liked how Adelina paid attention to her music, but then the 2nd half of the program she abandoned it. All over the place. That 1st flip was terrible - that slo-mo replay with her landing awkwardly on her left foot made it look worse .

ehhh... bad ladies event.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Sotnikova is done:thumbsup:
I hope she'll be as bad at Nats so she won't be sent to the Olys. Haha, POGORILAYA is 1st here:eek:
Such a weak field..

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Kostner's age has caught up with her, technically.

I say it's nerves and pressure. I saw a video with her practices at last Europeans, she was landing with no problem 3Lz-3T and 3F-3T
Low levels on spins and steps cost Adelina the gold :eek: She would have won even with her mistakes if not for level 1 in spin and 2 on steps

andyjo24

Medalist
I hope Carolina will improve her programs a lot more throughout the season..... (which we all know she is more than capable of), but I couldn't help but think about Yu-na's Scherezade all throughout Carolina's performance.

Tanja90

On the Ice
Reagardin Kostner's costume it's not the original one. It is the one she used in kazhakistan at Denis Ten's show...the costume for this season it's not ready yet...likely! I hate the one she used today...it made her seem heavy and slow.
I have to watch the program again to decide what to think about it. The fact that I don't like sherezade at all doesn't help.
But it was carolina's first competition and she usually starts slow..she has works to do but I would start to worry if she skates like this at europeans!

bramweld

Record Breaker
Thank goodness Anna won, otherwise I would have blown a fuse. Adelina needs a jumping coach or something. I always fear she's going to fall. She just powers her way through jumps. She needs technique!!

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Why can't the Russian federation ban Adelina from doing flips? In the fs you know she can't do them. She can't do them. Flips cost her the win. Rarely has a skater been so knowingly self destructive and seemingly wants and craves failure.

Rus Fed should ban her from skating..She is awful. I can't watch her without the feeling that she WILL bomb

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

wow and come to think of it, for 3 seasons now
she has yet to win a GP gold medal.

Flip is her nemesis if you cant do it
then at least do only 1 Flip in LP

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Who would have predicted that? It would be funny if it wasn't so sad. I like Kanako's LP more than her SP, but she's got to land those jumps perfectly. Russia has got a lot of talented ladies. I predict at least one of them will be on the Sochi podium. I'm sad for Carolina, but it is just fair when she doesn't deliver.