Ladies FS - Cup of China 2013 | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Ladies FS - Cup of China 2013

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Congratulations to Anna for the win, and huge personal bests in the SP, LP and overall!

What a great senior debut!

Her previous personal bests:
Personal Best Total Score 167.40 ISU Junior Grand Prix Final 2012/13
Personal Best Score Short Program 57.94 ISU Junior Grand Prix Final 2012/13
Personal Best Score Free Skating 109.46 ISU Junior Grand Prix Final 2012/13

andyjo24

Medalist
And wow, to think of it, not even one score over 120 here... while at SA and SC, people have been scoring 130+.....

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Rus Fed should ban her from skating..She is awful. I can't watch her without the feeling that she WILL bomb

Maybe she should write you an official apologize for making you feel uncomfortable watching her skate. Jeez. Change the channel if you don't like it.

nipman

On the Ice
Someone please pinches me. Anna wins Cup of China :jaw: If she makes it to the GPF, there will be blood at the Russian Nat.

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES FREE SKATE - RESULT & VIDEOS

1. Anna POGORILAYA (RUS) - 178.62 Free Skate
2. Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS) - 174.70
3. Carolina KOSTNER (ITA) - 173.40 Free Skate
4. Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN) - 165.95 Free Skate
5. Nikol GOSVIANI (RUS) - 152.04 Free Skate
6. Haruka IMAI (JPN) - 150.30
7. Agnes ZAWADZKI (USA) - 147.64 Free Skate
8. Kexin ZHANG (CHN) - 144.88 Free Skate
9. Xiaowen GUO (CHN) - 139.50 Free Skate
10. Zijun LI (CHN) - 138.98 Free Skate

riceplate

On the Ice
I hope Carolina will improve her programs a lot more throughout the season..... (which we all know she is more than capable of), but I couldn't help but think about Yu-na's Scherezade all throughout Carolina's performance.

:laugh: I kept thinking about Meryl and Charlie's free dance.

yuki

Final Flight
Poorly skated event, overall; 6 out of 10 skaters with FS scores lower than 100 :eek:.
Well-deserved win for Anna, with over 10 points lead in TES. Also congrats to newcomer Xiaowen Guo from China, who had the 3rd(!) TES of the night.

mary01

Final Flight
wow what an unexpected outcome, I never would have guessed that Anna would win this event

bluesky85

On the Ice
And zijun zijun zijun.... what happened......

Well... I know what happened. Growth spurt and injury.... IT seems like it's not only the Caucasians who suffer from puberty monsters... Look at Hae-jin, Zijun, Caoline Zhang, Risa Shoji....

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Maybe she should write you an official apologize for making you feel uncomfortable watching her skate. Jeez. Change the channel if you don't like it.

I like skating. But I'm truly dissapointed in Adelina...I gave up on her but still hoped she'll prove me wrong somehow. A deep field in Russia right now. The Fed is behind her. I think it's unjust if she keeps on blowing her skates but still somehow makes the team.:disapp:

tetana

Rinkside
Congratualtion!! Russian 15year old girl. Anna. I really enjoyed your program! You reminded me that there are a lot of talented babies in Russia.

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES FREE SKATE - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)

1. Anna POGORILAYA (RUS) - 178.62 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
2. Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS) - 174.70 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
3. Carolina KOSTNER (ITA) - 173.40 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
4. Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN) - 165.95 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
5. Nikol GOSVIANI (RUS) - 152.04 Free Skate
6. Haruka IMAI (JPN) - 150.30 Free Skate
7. Agnes ZAWADZKI (USA) - 147.64 Free Skate
8. Kexin ZHANG (CHN) - 144.88 Free Skate
9. Xiaowen GUO (CHN) - 139.50 Free Skate
10. Zijun LI (CHN) - 138.98 Free Skate

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Anna could definitely make the GPF. Her next event is TEB. Here's the entries:

Amelie LACOSTE CAN
Lenaelle GILLERON GORRY FRA
Mae Berenice MEITE FRA
Anna POGORILAYA RUS
Adelina SOTNIKOVA RUS
Viktoria HELGESSON SWE
Natalia POPOVA UKR
Samantha CESARIO USA
Christina GAO USA
Ashley WAGNER USA

She could definitely place 2nd or 3rd here, depending how Wagner & Sotnikova skate.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I like skating. But I'm truly dissapointed in Adelina...I gave up on her but still hoped she'll prove me wrong somehow. A deep field in Russia right now. The Fed is behind her. I think it's unjust if she keeps on blowing her skates but still somehow makes the team.:disapp:

She made the team rightfully so until now, was the best Russian lady at 2013 europeans, 2013 worlds and 2013 WTT. She earned her 2 GP events by placing in top 10 at worlds. She won't make the team this season with so many eligible skaters now if she skates like this, don't worry. But I still don't get what is so unfair: I say it's unfair to have this amazingly talented skater plagued by nerves and inconsistency: blame the skating golds. Otherwise, what did she earned which she didn't deserve?

bluesky85

On the Ice
Well... Anna is pretty consistent so she won't do too badly in her next event either, especially after such a confidence-boost in her first senior Grand Prix event ever!! So she has a good chance of making the GPF over Adelina (who will need to win her next event) or Liza (even with a win in her next event, there is no guarantee...)

It will be super super super interesting.... All I can say is.... unexpected, interesting, strange, weird.... I know I should be happy for Anna, but something just seems terribly wrong...