Ladies FS - Cup of China 2013 | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Ladies FS - Cup of China 2013

seniorita

Record Breaker
I really liked how the judges were so fair at this event compared to the two previous ones. I also like that Anna did so well, but if she makes it to the final, I feel like she is going to the final 50% because of her good showing here but also 50% because of her luck in being placed at such a weak event....

I disagree with this thinking, if she goes to the final is because she had two good showings in her Gps. And neither Adelina nor Carolina if they had won here, would have faced a strong field with Mao, Wagner, Julia etc but they would have still won...to think, this was a weak field that both Adelina and Carolina couldnt even win. With their skates at SA and SC they would have been away from the podium?

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Hoping Sotnikova will do 'as bad' at Nats IS wishing her ill. Not to mention laughing 'Haha' at her misfortune. Your post was flat-out mean.

So did Agnes fall or not guys? :biggrin:

Wow. Can't believe the results!!! A mild shock! Thanks everyone who provided PBPs! Can't wait to watch videos!

Oh my...haha was about Pogo winning..Not again, really. I'm quite tired of replying to this, actually. Booo:no:

bluesky85

On the Ice
I disagree with this thinking, if she goes to the final is because she had two good showings in her Gps. And neither Adelina nor Carolina if they had won here, would have faced a strong field with Mao, Wagner, Julia etc but they would have still won...to think, this was a weak field that both Adelina and Carolina couldnt even win. With their skates at SA and SC they would have been away from the podium?

I am not denying that she had a good showing here. We both agree on that. What I mean is that her luck of being placed in COC made her chance of going to the final even higher. She would have been placed 3rd or 4th in SA or SC, in which case she would have had to win the next event (or silver) to go to the final. But since she was lucky enough to be at COC, she won the event, which means that she doesn't necessarily have to win or get silver in order to qualify. So it's not only her good showing but also some help from the placement that is giving her higher chance of going to the finals.

bekalc

Record Breaker
I really liked how the judges were so fair at this event compared to the two previous ones. I also like that Anna did so well, but if she makes it to the final, I feel like she is going to the final 50% because of her good showing here but also 50% because of her luck in being placed at such a weak event....

I don't think this event was as weak on paper as it turned out in reality. They had four girls in the top 10 at worlds at this competition. Its just Murakami and China's Li underperformed as did Kostner.

As for Anna and making the final, I think her scores will rise if she skates well. I also think Sotnikova was at the same event and didn't capitalize for the win.

bluesky85

On the Ice
I don't think this event was as weak on paper as it turned out in reality. They had four girls in the top 10 at worlds at this competition. Its just Murakami and China's Li underperformed as did Kostner.

As for Anna and making the final, I think her scores will rise if she skates well. I also think Sotnikova was at the same event and didn't capitalize for the win.

I agree... it was supposed to be quite a strong event with Carolina, Kanako, Adelina, Zijun, Agnes, etc... it just turned out to be a weak one because many of them underperformed and couldn't show their full potential for whatever reasons... :(

I do hope and think Anna's PCS will rise and she is consistent, so she will continue to be one of the top medal contenders, and I am excited to see how she develops :)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Finally finished watching the Ladies. Congrats to Anna P. (relatively unknown to me) she deserved the win here, she out-skated her competition.

I am not to concerned about Caro, mistakes kept her off the top of the podium, but I am confident by the time Sochi rolls
around she will be in top shape.

Good showing for Adelina. She is a very good SP skater but she just needs to focus and execute her LP a little better.

Congrats to the Medalists!

ordinary person

On the Ice
Well, Adelina seems to love this kind of see through dresses, as do many other Russian female skaters. I didn't like her dress really, it looked a bit as if she had only her underwear under the black lace fabric. Caro's dress wasn't any better. I think the best dress award of today goes to Cheng Peng!

She certainly didn't wear these kind of dresses few years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOxtVpoydhk and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=803wKaWiUV4

As for underwear, we always see underwear thanks to the ugly flesh-colored tights, what bothered me was that it looked like she was almost bare under the dress.

Great to hear that Kostner´s costume will be changed!!! This one looked rather strange and the colours were not good together. I like her programme and later when she will be ready with it, it will be relly wonderful. The winner jumped well, but otherwise I was not drawn into her skating.

I'm finally getting a chance to watch this, and Kostner's costume is like something out of Carnivale--the colors are excessively bright, and it's full of gold ornamentation and flounces. She needs something a bit sleeker. This doesn't seem to suit her personality at all.

I also got to see Anna P.'s LP, and her jumps and moves are impressive, but that music is so featureless. It's just a bunch of chords.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Well... Anna is pretty consistent so she won't do too badly in her next event either, especially after such a confidence-boost in her first senior Grand Prix event ever!! So she has a good chance of making the GPF over Adelina (who will need to win her next event) or Liza (even with a win in her next event, there is no guarantee...)

It will be super super super interesting.... All I can say is.... unexpected, interesting, strange, weird.... I know I should be happy for Anna, but something just seems terribly wrong...

Adelina need not win her 2nd event. Barring something very unexpected, she needs 2nd. Liza I think it out of it for the GPF at this point. A LOT would need to align for her to have any shot of it.

Sara

On the Ice
I'm finally getting a chance to watch this, and Kostner's costume is like something out of Carnivale--the colors are excessively bright, and it's full of gold ornamentation and flounces. She needs something a bit sleeker. This doesn't seem to suit her personality at all.

I also got to see Anna P.'s LP, and her jumps and moves are impressive, but that music is so featureless. It's just a bunch of chords.

Carolina decided to wear that dress because the one which is being prepared for Sochi isn't ready yet. The dress we saw is the very same that she wore in the ice show in Kazahkstan (the one which Denis Ten organized) last Summer. After the show all skaters were given these costumes as a gift. If you google you can find photos of the skaters (Lambiel, Verner, Joubert, Ten...) , including also Carolina in her pink velvet dress. They all wear a similar type of costume, maybe it's traditional Kazahk style?

Carolina decided to wear that dress because the one which is being prepared for Sochi isn't ready yet. The dress we saw is the very same that she wore in the ice show in Kazahkstan (the one which Denis Ten organized) last Summer. After the show all skaters were given these costumes as a gift. If you google you can find photos of the skaters (Lambiel, Verner, Joubert, Ten...) , including Carolina in her pink velvet dress.

Thanks for the info! This does look more like a show dress. I'm glad to hear there's another dress being readied for her. She usually wears fabulously chic outfits.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Finally finished watching the Ladies. Congrats to Anna P. (relatively unknown to me) she deserved the win here, she out-skated her competition.

I am not to concerned about Caro, mistakes kept her off the top of the podium, but I am confident by the time Sochi roles
around she will be in top shape.

Good showing for Adelina. She is a very good SP skater but she just needs to focus and execute her LP a little better.

Congrats to the Medalists!

Sotnikova needs to abandon flip! At least abandon 2 flips!

CarneAsada

Medalist
Sotnikova needs to abandon flip! At least abandon 2 flips!

The thing I love about gmyers is that we always know his/her opinion. I have never seen a single post from him/her in a remotely Adelina-related thread that fails to mention the 2 Flips and how moronic, idiotic, and utterly, hopelessly daft it is for her to include them.

There is also a very stylish HAT which was part of Carolina's costume in the ice show!

http://en.tengrinews.kz/show_and_st...o-hold-ice-show-in-Kazakhstan-annually-19735/

Thank god she didn't wear it in CoC... :D

Maybe for her encore in Cirque du Soleil....

Though actually, the ornate gold embellishments and bright contrasting colors are very like something Gianni Versace would have put on the runway; it's very baroque and luxurious. It's definitely within the tradition of Italian high fashion.