Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Ladies FS - Cup of China 2013

On the Ice
    Congratualtion!! Russian 15year old girl. Anna. I really enjoyed your program! You reminded me that there are a lot of talented babies in Russia.

Custom Title
    LADIES FREE SKATE - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)

1. Anna POGORILAYA (RUS) - 178.62 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    2. Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS) - 174.70 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    3. Carolina KOSTNER (ITA) - 173.40 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    4. Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN) - 165.95 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    5. Nikol GOSVIANI (RUS) - 152.04 Free Skate
    6. Haruka IMAI (JPN) - 150.30 Free Skate
    7. Agnes ZAWADZKI (USA) - 147.64 Free Skate
    8. Kexin ZHANG (CHN) - 144.88 Free Skate
    9. Xiaowen GUO (CHN) - 139.50 Free Skate
    10. Zijun LI (CHN) - 138.98 Free Skate

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Anna could definitely make the GPF. Her next event is TEB. Here's the entries:

Amelie LACOSTE CAN
    Lenaelle GILLERON GORRY FRA
    Mae Berenice MEITE FRA
    Anna POGORILAYA RUS
    Adelina SOTNIKOVA RUS
    Viktoria HELGESSON SWE
    Natalia POPOVA UKR
    Samantha CESARIO USA
    Christina GAO USA
    Ashley WAGNER USA

She could definitely place 2nd or 3rd here, depending how Wagner & Sotnikova skate.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by koatcue View Post
    I like skating. But I'm truly dissapointed in Adelina...I gave up on her but still hoped she'll prove me wrong somehow. A deep field in Russia right now. The Fed is behind her. I think it's unjust if she keeps on blowing her skates but still somehow makes the team.
    She made the team rightfully so until now, was the best Russian lady at 2013 europeans, 2013 worlds and 2013 WTT. She earned her 2 GP events by placing in top 10 at worlds. She won't make the team this season with so many eligible skaters now if she skates like this, don't worry. But I still don't get what is so unfair: I say it's unfair to have this amazingly talented skater plagued by nerves and inconsistency: blame the skating golds. Otherwise, what did she earned which she didn't deserve?

Custom Title
    Well... Anna is pretty consistent so she won't do too badly in her next event either, especially after such a confidence-boost in her first senior Grand Prix event ever!! So she has a good chance of making the GPF over Adelina (who will need to win her next event) or Liza (even with a win in her next event, there is no guarantee...)

It will be super super super interesting.... All I can say is.... unexpected, interesting, strange, weird.... I know I should be happy for Anna, but something just seems terribly wrong...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tetana View Post
    Congratualtion!! Russian 15year old girl. Anna. I really enjoyed your program! You reminded me that there are a lot of talented babies in Russia.
    It would be such a good thing if the lot of talented babies resulted in a few successful grown-ups. I guess atm Julia is their best bet, and that they had certainly hoped for more.

Custom Title
    Great debut for Anna. 7 triple and no axel. Her PCS raised from short program too. She can make Grand Prix Final with that.
    Why Sotnikova not doing one 3F and two 3Loop. They have almost same base value.
    I still can't believe Kostner lost to Pogorilaya here. I don't know If she can win a Olympic medal with those jumps. She don't have high GOE on her spins too.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Anna is putting together quite a record for consistency & ability to perform under pressure. She medalled at all her junior events last year (I believe her first season internationally in juniors), and has just won her first senior event.

Anna jumps and skates like an amateur. How about those bent knees.
    I can't believe Caro lost to her.

Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    Great debut for Anna. 7 triple and no axel. Her PCS raised from short program too. She can make Grand Prix Final with that.
    Anna did complete a 2A, though she stepped out of it. It was her second axel attempt that she missed completely.

Custom Title
    Agnes was seventh? Oh, dear.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Sheesh, what a terrible competition. Going back to bed.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post
    Anna jumps and skates like an amateur. How about those bent knees.
    I can't believe Caro lost to her.
    I am not sure about an amateur, but she jumps and skates a bit like a junior, which is understandable, since she is just out of her junior year and this is her first senior event. But I think she still deserved her win tonight unfortunately since there were no other ladies who did as well as her.

Custom Title
    If Liza was in this event, she'd medal

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    What a strange competition. It's been almost 3 years since I've seen Carolina with her Bambi face on again. I am gutted. Pressure is back on for her. Terribly. She didn't own the music like she used to do it.
    Adelina and her flips again, what's more to say...I sort of expected it.
    Anna WOW! Big, big surprise here. But very deserving win
    What a terrible competition. Anna deserved to win, she has matured a lot and has strong jumps. I saw her in junior worlds and didn't like her at that time. Is she only 160 cm tall? Looks more like Carolina's height. It is true what you said about Caro, you can see from her face that she is very nervous. I know she usually starts the season slowly but I did not expect to see her skate this badly!! I also don't like either of her programmes too much. Please take Bolero back! I'm glad to hear that the costume she was wearing today is probably a temporary one. I'm quite worried about her chances to make it to the podium in Sochi with these programmes and her hesitant skating. I'm not sure if she will be able to improve enough... Not having a solid triple-triple she has to skate clean in Sochi to medal. What kind of injury did Caro have earlier this season, does anybody know??

I hope Zijun recovers from her injuries soon, whatever happened to her. Poor girl, she was the last out of 10 skaters. And Adelina has to leave at least one of her flips out, it is too risky for her to have two of them.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast