Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Ladies FS - Cup of China 2013

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Agnes was seventh? Oh, dear.
    She would have been ninth or tenth in America or Canada... I think she scored less than 150, which is her lowest score... Is she injured? Does anybody know?

Custom Title
    LADIES FREE SKATE - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)

1. Anna POGORILAYA (RUS) - 178.62 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
    2. Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS) - 174.70 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
    3. Carolina KOSTNER (ITA) - 173.40 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
    4. Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN) - 165.95 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
    5. Nikol GOSVIANI (RUS) - 152.04 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    6. Haruka IMAI (JPN) - 150.30 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    7. Agnes ZAWADZKI (USA) - 147.64 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    8. Kexin ZHANG (CHN) - 144.88 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    9. Xiaowen GUO (CHN) - 139.50 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    10. Zijun LI (CHN) - 138.98 Free Skate, 2nd Copy

Quote Originally Posted by WrongEdge View Post
    It would be such a good thing if the lot of talented babies resulted in a few successful grown-ups. I guess atm Julia is their best bet, and that they had certainly hoped for more.
    Senior Grand Prix this year 3 events in Russia has 2 two gold medals, and two silver medals by four different girls. I think those are pretty darn good results, and they are far stronger than anyone else has. They also have four girls who made the Junior Grand Prix Final this year.

Their girls are just becoming eligible, now is the time when the Russians can start weeding out the ones who can compete and the ones who can't.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    What a weird event... absolutly nothing compared to SA and SC. But congrats to Anna, very good senior debut and she really deserved the gold here! I'll keep my fingers crossed for her to pull an even bigger upset and make the GPF

Quote Originally Posted by koatcue
    Sotnikova is done
    I hope she'll be as bad at Nats so she won't be sent to the Olys.
    Not liking a skater is completly fine, but wishing someone ill and being happy they did badly is plain uncalled for and mean. Posts like yours are really unnecessary

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    BTW, Kostner's costume is hideous.

She looks like Tranny Grandma Cotton Candy.

Whatever that is. I really need to go to bed.

Custom Title
    I still can't take the result.... I know it was fair scoring compared to SA or SC, but somehow, I just feel... not so good...

Custom Title
    How old is Kostner?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by flying camel View Post
    How old is Kostner?
    born in 1987

Zamboni Racing Team
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    Senior Grand Prix this year 3 events in Russia has 2 two gold medals, and two silver medals by four different girls. I think those are pretty darn good results, and they are far stronger than anyone else has. They also have four girls who made the Junior Grand Prix Final this year.

Their girls are just becoming eligible, now is the time when the Russians can start weeding out the ones who can compete and the ones who can't.
    Maybe I should have added that I was thinking about Sotchi. Anna's first GP win is of course a great step for her, but what are the chances that she can medal at the olympics with a score <180? And how much can she improve until then? Same goes to Adelina and her stability issues, and Tuk is even worse. Do you think the Russians don't bother about Sotchi so much?

I must say I see a ton of potential with Anna. She needs some polishing but she has such nice long limbs. Also those jumps have spring to them. I'm less worried about them surviving than I am about Julia's surviving...

Quote Originally Posted by WrongEdge View Post
    Maybe I should have added that I was thinking about Sotchi. Anna's first GP win is of course a great step for her, but what are the chances that she can medal at the olympics with a score <180? And how much can she improve until then? Same goes to Adelina and her stability issues, and Tuk is even worse. Do you think the Russians don't bother about Sotchi so much?
    I expected things to go better in Sochi for them, but that was partly because Kostner was doing nothing harder than a loop, Asada was struggling, and Kim was no where to be seen. However now that Kostner/Asada are improving and Kim is back, I think expecting Olympic medals from girls one season into their Senior season is a bit much....

Sure they care about Sochi, but they have are poised to do very well in ladies in the foreseeable future.

Custom Title
    I really liked how the judges were so fair at this event compared to the two previous ones. I also like that Anna did so well, but if she makes it to the final, I feel like she is going to the final 50% because of her good showing here but also 50% because of her luck in being placed at such a weak event....

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by koatcue View Post
    Sotnikova is done
    I hope she'll be as bad at Nats so she won't be sent to the Olys. Haha, POGORILAYA is 1st here
    Such a weak field..
    I normally don't even bother to make a comment on posts like this, but this time I have to say that I really hate it when people wish bad things to happen to a skater.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    I must say I see a ton of potential with Anna. She needs some polishing but she has such nice long limbs. Also those jumps have spring to them. I'm less worried about them surviving than I am about Julia's surviving...
    Agree...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    What a weird event... absolutly nothing compared to SA and SC. But congrats to Anna, very good senior debut and she really deserved the gold here! I'll keep my fingers crossed for her to pull an even bigger upset and make the GPF

Not liking a skater is completly fine, but wishing someone ill and being happy they did badly is plain uncalled for and mean. Posts like yours are really unnecessary
    It might be mean, but I'm honest here. It will be horrible if she is on the podium in Nats. Russia has 2 spots and to leave 1 of them for a skater who can't compete is a bad thing. I recall 2012 Nats when she was 1st, leaving Julia with 2d place despite her excellent skate. Federation loves her, but if she skates like here, maybe they'll change their minds and stop pulling her 1st.. Once again, first of all I'd like Russian girls to be competitive. In that case they should be clean. I want a chance for podium. It's still sport.

Custom Title
    PS - I haven't wished Sotnikova ILL , for those who can't read. I said she should skate up to her potential, like here That's not a secret I don 't want her on the team in Sochi. After Olys, whatever..She could be even 20th at Worlds, not that I mind..

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast