Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Ladies FS - Cup of China 2013

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara View Post
    Well, Adelina seems to love this kind of see through dresses, as do many other Russian female skaters. I didn't like her dress really, it looked a bit as if she had only her underwear under the black lace fabric. Caro's dress wasn't any better. I think the best dress award of today goes to Cheng Peng!
    Great, I actually agree but we probably won't see Peng at the olympics.

Custom Title
    This may sound harsh and premature but I believe that Carolina Kostner is out of contention for an Olympic medal this season.

Given how undertrained Caro is, I think that this was not an excellent skate, but not really a bad one, too: she landed the flip and she's still attempting 7 triples... The program doesn't convince me as much as her SP, but probably it's because of the mistakes, too
    To all those people who kept saying that Adelina can't rotate the 3T in combo: look at that 2A+3T
    to Pogorilaya, she deserved this medal and it is a great thing to see a skater that one year ago was almost unknown winning an important title!

I think Caro & D10's results at COC will mean very little in the big scheme of things. Both are inconsistent skaters and not early-strong skaters and most of all seem to have been in non-good conditions.

Custom Title
    I think it is still very early to be so harsh. Caro's programs look clearly unfinished and not ready.

Quote Originally Posted by thinspread View Post
    Kim established herself as a frontrunner for OGM at her first GP in Vancouver Olympic season, breaking her own LP and total score records, even with skipping a flip in her FS. From then on nobody doubted she was entering the Oly as the heavy favorite. The GPF in Tokyo Japan that saw Kim marked for an UR call on the second leg of her 3-3 in LP was the only time any of her executed triple marked for UR in her entire career.

2008-2009 season was quite the same. Her SP at SA set the tone for the entire season leading up to 2009 WC Ladies competition, which was basically a confirmation event for her dominance where she broke again her own SP and total score records, breaking 200 pts for the first time under IJS.

Can you still say nobody was dominating in those years?

BTW, it looks like the Sochi podium is quite a challenge for Kostner now. It's not a surprise. I liked Kostner a lot, but she has been held up and saved by the PCS for a long time now, and I'm getting tired of it. Worse, she is now more conservative and cautious, and slower than ever with those telegraphed jumps, with the transitions in and out of her jumps virtually missing. Her stengths, mainly the speed and edge work, are visible only in sporadic moments in her program, as if inserted there for the sake of showing off, and failing to contibute to a coherent whole.

Reality check, please.
    Not so much.
    2008 coc 3 lutz< in SP
    2009 4cc 3lutz<-2t-2lo in LP
    2009 GPF 3lz-3t< in SP(although this one was really dubious.) 2a-3t< in LP (two-footed, actually the only two-footed jump Yuna has ever done)
    2010 wc 3 flip< in SP

Custom Title
    LADIES FREE SKATE - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)

1. Anna POGORILAYA (RUS) - 178.62 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
    2. Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS) - 174.70 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
    3. Carolina KOSTNER (ITA) - 173.40 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
    4. Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN) - 165.95 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
    5. Nikol GOSVIANI (RUS) - 152.04 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    6. Haruka IMAI (JPN) - 150.30 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    7. Agnes ZAWADZKI (USA) - 147.64 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    8. Kexin ZHANG (CHN) - 144.88 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    9. Xiaowen GUO (CHN) - 139.50 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    10. Zijun LI (CHN) - 138.98 Free Skate, 2nd Copy

Medal Ceremony

Custom Title
    What an awful event. I'm glad I didn't wake up early to watch it live, and just watched the highlights.

What a waste of time that was. Every skater was awful except Pogorilaya.

Kostner's programs are so disappointing after her great programs of the last two seasons, and her jump consistency is as bad as ever.

Sotnikova still can't get through a long program, with her awful jump technique. And her lingerie dress is so inappropriate, especially her age.

And Zijun Li is a warning sign about hyping prepubescent girls. She can barely jump now that she has grown, and her presentation of her programs was awful. The music was overwhelming her as she just went through the motions. She was deservingly last, even in this awful field.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by thinspread View Post
    BTW, it looks like the Sochi podium is quite a challenge for Kostner now. It's not a surprise. I liked Kostner a lot, but she has been held up and saved by the PCS for a long time now, and I'm getting tired of it. Worse, she is now more conservative and cautious, and slower than ever with those telegraphed jumps, with the transitions in and out of her jumps virtually missing. Her stengths, mainly the speed and edge work, are visible only in sporadic moments in her program, as if inserted there for the sake of showing off, and failing to contibute to a coherent whole.

Reality check, please.
    Last three year judges awarded big scores to Kostner. I still can't believe CoC judges didn't give her +70 PCS and let her win. I remember Aliona/Robin always falling, making some other mistake and still win world titles. And at the olympic year suddenly judges didn't forgive mistakes anymore. Maybe same thing happening with Kostner.

I was SO relieved when I read that Kostner's dress will be changed

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    Not so much.
    2008 coc 3 lutz< in SP
    2009 4cc 3lutz<-2t-2lo in LP
    2009 GPF 3lz-3t< in SP(although this one was really dubious.) 2a-3t< in LP (two-footed, actually the only two-footed jump Yuna has ever done)
    2010 wc 3 flip< in SP
    OK, I was incorrect on two accounts: it was not her first or only UR; and it was not on the 3-3 but on the 2a-3 in the LP.
    Thanks for pointing that out.

Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    Last three year judges awarded big scores to Kostner. I still can't believe CoC judges didn't give her +70 PCS and let her win. I remember Aliona/Robin always falling, making some other mistake and still win world titles. And at the olympic year suddenly judges didn't forgive mistakes anymore. Maybe same thing happening with Kostner.
    Still, her PCS was 19 pts higher than TES for the LP. That degree of disparity between the two marks would not happen for other skaters, maybe except for Mao Asada and Patrick Chan. Again, she was saved by the second mark.

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    I was SO relieved when I read that Kostner's dress will be changed

At first I thought it was a bit too ornate, then I thought nah, the design is not so bad. The COLORING is what bugs me--that pink is too girly for the seductress-charmer that is supposed to be Scheherazade--as well as the dimensions and flouncy skirt which do nothing to emphasize Kostner's majestic, regal appearance on the ice. I think she should change the pink to orange. Orange bodice and aqua skirt. NOT KIDDING ABOUT THIS!

I feel bad to admit that her SP kinda bores me, though. Last year's Devil's Trill, or the Shostakovich SP, or the one from 2005 Worlds choreographed by Kurt Browning were all superior...aww.

Congrats to Pogorilaya. The strong female Russian contingent isn't stopping; every year someone new and amazing keeps showing up. Pogorilaya isn't my favourite of the bunch. I like Radionova, Lipnitskaia, and soon-to-be-senior Proklova best from what I've seen. Tutkamysheva can really put on a show, too. Sorry to see Sotnikova struggling with consistency because to me, despite the occasional coltish wildness, she has the best legs and feet. She points and stretches them like she was born doing it.

Kanako Murakami has a nice Long. The music is dear to me as a YuNa fan and she skates well to it...obviously she is still refining it this early in the season but with more expression it can be really nice. I like her costume although I wish the gray was substituted with white or something softer and less depressive/forlorn-looking. Her SP looked like a Jumping Jack No. 2 attempt which I didn't like. Last year's SP, Prayer for Taylor, was so gorgeous.

No idea what happened to darling Zijun Li. She doesn't look that much taller but she really struggled here. Disappointed also that this year's dress looks so like her last season's.

BTW I agree with museksk8r. The Grand Prix in 2009-2010 wasn't very impressive, as if everyone was trying to work out their jitters and issues. It turned out to be a fine Ladies Competition come Vancouver.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Great, I actually agree but we probably won't see Peng at the olympics.
    As far as I know, Peng/Zhang is the second Chinese pairs team meant to be sent to Sochi, not Sui/Han. Chances are we will see her at the Olympics.

Custom Title
    Poor Zijun, her next GP is already NHK next week. I'm afraid we might see another poor performance from her there.

Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    No idea what happened to darling Zijun Li. She doesn't look that much taller but she really struggled here. Disappointed also that this year's dress looks so like her last season's.
    She has been injuried during the last period... Hope she goes back to the 3T+3T and 3F for the SP, the current layout is too difficult, given her current level of preparation

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast