Ladies FS - Cup of China 2013 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies FS - Cup of China 2013

samson

Medalist
Man.

Let's hope the second groups kicks it up a ton of notches. It's like all those ladies watched Alissa in 2012, Carolina in 2009 and Laetitia Hubert in Albertville to get "inspired" for this free skate.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Haruka IMAI (JPN)

Music: Piano Concerto by Saint-Preux

Blue/aqua ombre asymmetric dress w/ lots of blue and silver flower sparkle. Matching flower in hair

3F - solid
3Lo
3S - fall
CCoSp
StSq
2A - hesitation, did not add 3T
3Lo+2T - wonky, stepout
3S+2T
2A - twofooted, forward
ChSq
FCSp
LSp - ended after music

She landed some solid jumps, but there were still many messy landings.

Score: 43.29+54.22-2.00=95.51, 150.30, in 2nd (out of 6)

Must've gotten a music deduction

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Might be just me but she seemed to have pretty weak transitions, it felt like she was just going from one element to another especially in the early parts

riceplate

On the Ice
"Maybe we need to pump more oxygen into the building" I love these British Eurosport commentators. :laugh:

Maybe it could be the pollution problem...

Dull skates so far.

Wilhelmina

On the Ice
6 skaters in, Guo still has the highest TES of the day. Good for her (and I hope we see more of her!), but a bit of a letdown watching the other skaters so far.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Guo still #1 FS program in my personal rankings. Hopefully this one will be better.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Everyone struggling so much and not getting even 100 pts, maybe the commentators have a point?

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN)

Music: Papa Can You Hear Me

Very sparky dove grey longsleeved dress w/ blue and black splashed on body (new)

3F+2T - good height, but mulekick
3Lz - e
3Lo
StSq
LSp
3Lo+2T
1F
1A - twofooted
3S+2Lo+2Lo
FCSp
CCoSp
ChSq

Best of the night with 5 triples (will have to check for URs). Shame about the two pops. She looks pleased, though.

Score: 51.59+57.03=108.62, 165.95 and in 1st (out of 7)

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Can't say I like Anna's music, but I do like her program. Maybe she could do with a little more passion.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Anna POGORILAYA (RUS)

Music: Mermaids (from Pirates of the Caribbean - On Stranger Tides soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer

Aqua blue dress w/ a lot of swirls and nude fabric. Lots on sparkle and a right glove

3Lz+3T - solid
3Lo+1Lo+3S - also solid
3Lz
FCSp
StSq
3Lo+2T - 'tano toe
2A - stepout
LSp
ChSq
A
3F - e
CCoSp

Problems with both axels, but by far the strongest technically today. Needs more work on basic skating and presentation, but she's improving.

On a shallow note: her hair looks like a mess.

Score: 62.15+56.23 = 118.38 (PB), 178.62 (PB) and in 1st (out of 8)

bluesky85

On the Ice
Can't say I like Anna's music, but I do like her program. Maybe she could do with a little more passion.

Agree. I really don't like her music but I think she has been delivering it quite well in national competitions especially the footwork sequence.