Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies FS - Cup of China 2013

Custom Title
    Will be a large confidence boost for Anna, but her score would have put her off the podium in Canada or America. Still nice work Anna!! You are the champion tonight!!

BBC: 'Kostner lucky to be on the podium'...
    What happened to Caro?
    And Adelina as well? Missed both flips and fell twice.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky85 View Post
    Will be a large confidence boost for Anna, but her score would have put her off the podium in Canada or America. Still nice work Anna!! You are the champion tonight!!
    these girls are lucky to medal here. not competitive at all by their performances.

Custom Title
    Why can't the Russian federation ban Adelina from doing flips? In the fs you know she can't do them. She can't do them. Flips cost her the win. Rarely has a skater been so knowingly self destructive and seemingly wants and craves failure.

Custom Title
    Kostner's age has caught up with her, technically.

Custom Title
    I liked how Adelina paid attention to her music, but then the 2nd half of the program she abandoned it. All over the place. That 1st flip was terrible - that slo-mo replay with her landing awkwardly on her left foot made it look worse .

ehhh... bad ladies event.

Custom Title
    Sotnikova is done
    I hope she'll be as bad at Nats so she won't be sent to the Olys. Haha, POGORILAYA is 1st here
    Such a weak field..

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mirai4life View Post
    these girls are lucky to medal here. not competitive at all by their performances.
    Yes, sometimes medals ought to be withheld, certainly gold in this case.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Kostner's age has caught up with her, technically.
    I say it's nerves and pressure. I saw a video with her practices at last Europeans, she was landing with no problem 3Lz-3T and 3F-3T
    Low levels on spins and steps cost Adelina the gold She would have won even with her mistakes if not for level 1 in spin and 2 on steps

Custom Title
    I hope Carolina will improve her programs a lot more throughout the season..... (which we all know she is more than capable of), but I couldn't help but think about Yu-na's Scherezade all throughout Carolina's performance.

Custom Title
    Reagardin Kostner's costume it's not the original one. It is the one she used in kazhakistan at Denis Ten's show...the costume for this season it's not ready yet...likely! I hate the one she used today...it made her seem heavy and slow.
    I have to watch the program again to decide what to think about it. The fact that I don't like sherezade at all doesn't help.
    But it was carolina's first competition and she usually starts slow..she has works to do but I would start to worry if she skates like this at europeans!

Custom Title
    Thank goodness Anna won, otherwise I would have blown a fuse. Adelina needs a jumping coach or something. I always fear she's going to fall. She just powers her way through jumps. She needs technique!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Why can't the Russian federation ban Adelina from doing flips? In the fs you know she can't do them. She can't do them. Flips cost her the win. Rarely has a skater been so knowingly self destructive and seemingly wants and craves failure.
    Rus Fed should ban her from skating..She is awful. I can't watch her without the feeling that she WILL bomb

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    wow and come to think of it, for 3 seasons now
    she has yet to win a GP gold medal.

Flip is her nemesis if you cant do it
    then at least do only 1 Flip in LP

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    Who would have predicted that? It would be funny if it wasn't so sad. I like Kanako's LP more than her SP, but she's got to land those jumps perfectly. Russia has got a lot of talented ladies. I predict at least one of them will be on the Sochi podium. I'm sad for Carolina, but it is just fair when she doesn't deliver.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast