Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Lipnitskaya & Pogorilaya now the favourites to make the Russian Olympic team?

Custom Title

Are Lipnitskaya & Pogorilaya now the favourites to make the Russian Olympic team?

Great performance today from Pogorilaya (winning on her senior GP debut), following on from Lipnitskaya's last week at Skate Canada. If Pogorilaya can build on this, then I think she will be the favourite to claim the second Olympic spot behind Lipnitskaya. On too many occasions, Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva have messed up and they are simply not consistent enough to inspire much confidence that they will put up much of a challenge in Sochi

What do you think?

Banned
    she's good but her PCS is so low she can probably just max 180+ by Sochi, its not good enough
    I'd still go with Tuk, sure she bombs the SP but she can be of use, she is a good freeskater capable of delivering 130+ LP and Julia can skate the SP in Team event
    Sotnikova, nvm you can count she will self destruct in the LP, an SP problem is easier to fix than an LP , imo

my ranking:

1 Julia - consistency
    2 Liza - good Freeskate rebounder
    3 Anna - low PCS
    4 Adelina - Long Progran self destruct

Custom Title
    I'm rooting for these two!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    she's good but her PCS is so low she can probably just max 180+ by Sochi, its not good enough
    I'd still go with Tuk, sure she bombs the SP but she can be of use, she is a good freeskater capable of delivering 130+ LP and Julia can skate the SP in Team event
    Sotnikova, nvm you can count she will self destruct in the LP, an SP problem is easier to fix than an LP , imo

my ranking:

1 Julia - consistency
    3 Anna - low PCS
    Her PCS will rise. Look at Gold. She don't have good programs or skating skills like top ladies but she is getting very high PCS.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    Her PCS will rise. Look at Gold. She don't have good programs or skating skills like top ladies but she is getting very high PCS.
    Pogorilaya is still a bit slow and has poor skating skills
    I dont see a dramatic rise in her PCS unless she improves this

Gracie has one of the best SS in the business

Custom Title
    So far, I say Liza and Julia. If Liza squeezes a close to clean SP, Anna will be unable to beat her IMO. At least not this season. Julia is unstoppable.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    So far, I say Liza and Julia. If Liza squeezes a close to clean SP, Anna will be unable to beat her IMO. At least not this season. Julia is unstoppable.
    and Tuk's biggest arsenal is a 130+ hitting LP
    I don't see Anna or Sotnikova scoring that high in LP

all Tuk needs is skate a decent SP not even a exceptional SP

Custom Title
    Pogorilaya is still a bit slow and has poor skating skills
    I dont see a dramatic rise in her PCS unless she improves this
    This didn't stop Flatt or Leonova. She is better than those two, so why not?

Custom Title
    Liza and Julia. Just no competition for them this year. I like Tuk's spirit and her fp is one of the best for me this year. Pogorilaya is too juniorish. Her time to shine is after Olys

Custom Title
    and Tuk's biggest arsenal is a 130+ hitting LP
    I don't see Anna or Sotnikova scoring that high in LP

all Tuk needs is skate a decent SP not even a exceptional SP
    I totally agree. Even a 3Lz-2T, 3L and 2A from Liza and a clean (with 3-3) LP will be more than enough to keep Anna and Adelina behind. Unless a miracle happens with Adelina - who has the potential and if on that particular day she hits, it's another story.
    But since we are talking probability, yes, Liza and Julia will most likely make it.

Custom Title

my ranking:

1 Julia - consistency
    3 Anna - low PCS
    Well, your wish!

My ranking:
    1 Julia - consistency
    2 Adelina - being second in a GP doesn't make her a failure!
    3 Anna - low PCS
    4 Liza - is struggling at the moment

We can check this thread in 4 months time and see who was closer to the truth!

Banned
    I totally agree. Even a 3Lz-2T, 3L and 2A from Liza and a clean (with 3-3) LP will be more than enough to keep Anna and Adelina behind. Unless a miracle happens with Adelina - who has the potential and if on that particular day she hits, it's another story.
    But since we are talking probability, yes, Liza and Julia will most likely make it.
    rule no.1: never count on headcases
    you cannot just hope and pray someone hits in a competition like Sotnikova

she is a bigger headcase than Tuk

Custom Title

Nobody has to count on anything: if Adelina hits at nationals (and she has a history of skating pretty well there) she is going to make at least the Euro team.
    Like I've said, it's unlikely at the moment for Adelina to make the Oly team. I said most likely it's Liza and Julia. That doesn't mean that if Adelina will by some miracle hit her LP, she won't make it. Even you have to admit it: if she is clean she had the potential to score better than Liza and Julia. That this is very unlikely, fine, I give you that. I prefer to say the team will be Liza and Julia, with a: *(if Adelina hits, it is going to be her and Julia)
    Tukt is not a headcase. She has a mental block with her SP. The way she skated in the LP proves she can hold her nerves very well and is very reliable. She actually enjoys it and she is not afraid of competing. Far from being a headcase.

Custom Title

Is she really? Well, unlike Tuktamisheva, Sotnikova did not mess up as badly as finishing 9th out of 10 after SP in her GP event. Actually, Tuktamysheva was lucky that Caroline Zhang completed, otherwise she would finish completely last in the SP. It is not much help that she can be great in the FS. Look at the last Worlds what happens if you mess up in the SP - you can get so low that even with great FS you have no chance of getting hight enough. If you have to make mistakes in one of the program, do it in the FS, not in the SP!

Banned
    Nobody has to count on anything: if Adelina hits at nationals (and she has a history of skating pretty well there) she is going to make at least the Euro team.
    Like I've said, it's unlikely at the moment for Adelina to make the Oly team. I said most likely it's Liza and Julia. That doesn't mean that if Adelina will by some miracle hit her LP, she won't make it. Even you have to admit it: if she is clean she had the potential to score better than Liza and Julia. That this is very unlikely, fine, I give you that. I prefer to say the team will be Liza and Julia, with a: *(if Adelina hits, it is going to be her and Julia)
    Tukt is not a headcase. She has a mental block with her SP. The way she skated in the LP proves she can hold her nerves very well and is very reliable. She actually enjoys it and she is not afraid of competing. Far from being a headcase.
    sure Sotnikova can get higher score when she is clean but that hasn't been shown in competition
    "potential" to score higher is not good enough. last time she had close to a clean LP? that was 3 years ago as a junior !

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast