Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Are Lipnitskaya & Pogorilaya now the favourites to make the Russian Olympic team?

Custom Title
    They can pick Lipnitskaia for short program and Tuktamisheva for long program at team competition. Sotnikova maybe can skate short but I don't know. Short program much more important than long at team competition.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    They can pick Lipnitskaia for short program and Tuktamisheva for long program at team competition. Sotnikova maybe can skate short but I don't know. Short program much more important than long at team competition.
    Julia would outscore Tuk in both programs, but Adelina could possible deliver a good SP because there are only 3 jumping passes so not as many chances to make mistakes as the LP, and she gets better PCS than Julia. I still think we have to see these ladies twice more (2nd GP and Nationals) before we can determine who will best represent Russia.

Custom Title
    Sounds like a very mature 15 year old who is grounded and humble.
    I thought she skated remarkably well in her senior debut (?) at 15.
    Hopefully she will survive any changes in the next few years and thrive.

Custom Title
    Love Pogo this season and hoping she can make it to Euros at least. Olympics is a long, long shot for her at this point but I think she could be in the mix for Euros especially if Liza is battling an injury which appears to be the case.

Custom Title
    What injury does Liza have??? NOw i willhave to hunt through all these posts.

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    What injury does Liza have??? NOw i willhave to hunt through all these posts.
    Potential back issues. See here . No actual article that I saw, though.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Love Pogo this season and hoping she can make it to Euros at least. Olympics is a long, long shot for her at this point but I think she could be in the mix for Euros especially if Liza is battling an injury which appears to be the case.
    The good thing for Pogo is that she will at least have plenty of opportunities to prove herself against Julia, whom she could skate against 3 times (GPF, Nationals, Euros), and Adelina, whom she could face 5 times. Russia will have enough of data points to make a fair decision.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Russia will have enough of data points to make a fair decision.
    The question is, will they make one anyways?

Banned
    The good thing for Pogo is that she will at least have plenty of opportunities to prove herself against Julia, whom she could skate against 3 times (GPF, Nationals, Euros), and Adelina, whom she could face 5 times. Russia will have enough of data points to make a fair decision.
    I cant see Pogo beating Julia unless she starts to falter. Julia has both more scoring potential and is uber consistent, so Pogo wont be able to beat her by consistency. Sotnikova atleast she can hope for to make some mistakes and beat her that way.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    The question is, will they make one anyways?
    It's going to be hard for them not to, for example if Anna P beats Adelina in 4 out of 5 match-ups it will be hard to argue that Pogo should stay home.

Custom Title
    It's going to be hard for them not to, for example if Anna P beats Adelina in 4 out of 5 match-ups it will be hard to argue that Pogo should stay home.
    I think Adelina would have to skate quite poorly to lose 4 out of 5 times to Pogo. If she does, then she certainly doesn't deserve to go to Sochi over Pogorilaya.

Banned
    you saw what happened at TEB
    Pogorilaya still has low PCS though she is at par with Tuks PCS's now
    Sotnikova would have to skate like at Cup of China FS to beat her again and given Sotnikova is a Federation favorite that is very unlikely
    even Pogorilaya knows she has low chance of going to the Olympics and its not her priority, she probably just skates for herself so has little pressure compared to the others

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    It's clear from the way she behaves after a less stellar skate that Pogorilaya skates to win. Always.

It's perhaps her biggest asset.

Sometimes bad skating happens to good people... LiamForeman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    It's clear from the way she behaves after a less stellar skate that Pogorilaya skates to win. Always.

It's perhaps her biggest asset.
    Yep, I wish the US would produce a couple of skaters with that kind of determination. You're right, it probably is her biggest asset.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast