Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 108

Thread: ISU VOLVO CUP 22nd (7-10 november 2013)

  1. #31
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    384
    It was an "economy class program", just like Mishin said he was going to skate. I like the StSQ and I also saw nice transitions in some practice videos (from St. Petresburg, not Riga). I hope he can get back in shape and skate the program to full potential.
    I'm so excited to see The Best of Plushenko!
    I agree he was overscored, but he knows he still has to work a lot.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    economy class means Plushy wont do a quad or transitions, he came here for the minimums
    dont worry he knows what he lacks, quads and transitions on that performance

    Plushenko's SP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmUBp...layer_embedded

  3. #33
    #TeamAUS
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,379

    Thumbs down

    I AM NOT HAPPY WITH THE JUDGING OF THE ICE DANCE EVENT. IT WAS BASICALLY CONTROLLED BY THE RUSSIANS! There are teams there who shouldn't of been scored so high and there are teams that got dumped down low!

    Poor Dani and Greg- they got marked down so badly. 11th after the short-- there is something wrong here with the judging! :(

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    Quote Originally Posted by GF2445 View Post
    I AM NOT HAPPY WITH THE JUDGING OF THE ICE DANCE EVENT. IT WAS BASICALLY CONTROLLED BY THE RUSSIANS! There are teams there who shouldn't of been scored so high and there are teams that got dumped down low!

    Poor Dani and Greg- they got marked down so badly. 11th after the short-- there is something wrong here with the judging! :(
    who are Dani/Greg ? they are the same as any of the other dancers
    and there wasn't even a russian participant here

  5. #35
    #TeamAUS
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,379
    The referee is Russian, the technical specialist is russian and some of the judges are either from a former russian state or they are a russian, judging on behalf of another country...and there is also a Russian Judge. Also, have you noticed who the Ukranian Judge is? - Yuri Balkov (remember the block judging scandal at the Nagano Olympics?)

    Danielle Obrien and greg merriman are 6 times national Australian ice dance champions. They train at DSC with Pasquale and Anjelika as their coaches, They qualified for the Olympics at Nebelhorn im September. There were teams that placed above them that should not of been placed above them!mthey were judged based on what the judges assumed was their skatng ability, rather than what they demonstrated at the competition.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    Quote Originally Posted by GF2445 View Post
    The referee is Russian, the technical specialist is russian and some of the judges are either from a former russian state or they are a russian, judging on behalf of another country...and there is also a Russian Judge. Also, have you noticed who the Ukranian Judge is? - Yuri Balkov (remember the block judging scandal at the Nagano Olympics?)

    Danielle Obrien and greg merriman are 6 times national Australian ice dance champions. They train at DSC with Pasquale and Anjelika as their coaches, They qualified for the Olympics at Nebelhorn im September. There were teams that placed above them that should not of been placed above them!mthey were judged based on what the judges assumed was their skatng ability, rather than what they demonstrated at the competition.
    so ? you assume too much for their placements ? isnt that the same
    fyi, Z/S and Z/G are also GP elite participants and have placed as high as 5th and 4th at the GP

  7. #37
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    384
    Quote Originally Posted by GF2445 View Post
    The referee is Russian, the technical specialist is russian and some of the judges are either from a former russian state or they are a russian, judging on behalf of another country...and there is also a Russian Judge. Also, have you noticed who the Ukranian Judge is? - Yuri Balkov (remember the block judging scandal at the Nagano Olympics?)

    Danielle Obrien and greg merriman are 6 times national Australian ice dance champions. They train at DSC with Pasquale and Anjelika as their coaches, They qualified for the Olympics at Nebelhorn im September. There were teams that placed above them that should not of been placed above them!mthey were judged based on what the judges assumed was their skatng ability, rather than what they demonstrated at the competition.
    Which couples were held up by judges? I'm curious.

  8. #38
    #TeamAUS
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,379
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    so ? so assume too much for their placements ? isnt that the same
    fyi, S/Z and Z/G are also GP elite participants and have placed as high as 5th and 4th at the GP
    We are not seeming to be seeing this situation on the same level. To each their own opinion.

    In my opinion, the panel was not balanced at all. The skaters who generally placed higher had a judge on the oanel to promote them.

    How can the Azerbaijanis score in the low 50s at the grand prix to then suddenly improve by 10 points at this competition. Makes no sense to me! Some skaters got rediculously inflated- the azerbaijanis, estonians, both italian teams, the swiss team, the finnish team, the ukranian team, all who scored generally lower at official championships suddenly get a massive scoring boost!

    Go figure!

  9. #39
    #TeamAUS
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,379
    The referee is russian, the technical panel is russian, ukranian and israeli
    The judges are from Poland, Switzerland, Azerbaijan, Russia, Ukraine, Austria, Italy and Finland

    After the short dance the azerbaijanis take the lead (they miraculously improved by nearly 10 points since their last Grans Prix. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN). The Germans got marked fairly and are in second, The italians are third, the Slovakians are in 4th, Hungarians 5th, Estonians 6th, Ukranians 7th, Swiss 8th, Italians 9th and polish team 10th, finnish team 11th

    Now the team in 12th place decisively beaten several of these teams at the Nebelhorn trophy. Before this comp they scored in thr 50s and for some reason they got 44pts for their short dance. The slovakians, hungarians, ukranians, estonians, finnish and polish teams should not have been scored so high, especially since most of these teams scored as low as the high 30s for their short dance at Nebelhorn.

    These results are a joke!

    Compare this to the azerbaijanis who managed to score so much higher than they should've- abovemthe germans who in my opinion are better skaters than them.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    Quote Originally Posted by GF2445 View Post
    We are not seeming to be seeing this situation on the same level. To each their own opinion.

    In my opinion, the panel was not balanced at all. The skaters who generally placed higher had a judge on the oanel to promote them.

    How can the Azerbaijanis score in the low 50s at the grand prix to then suddenly improve by 10 points at this competition. Makes no sense to me! Some skaters got rediculously inflated- the azerbaijanis, estonians, both italian teams, the swiss team, the finnish team, the ukranian team, all who scored generally lower at official championships suddenly get a massive scoring boost!

    Go figure!
    its a B competition, scores will always be inflated !

  11. #41
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    384

  12. #42
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,580
    Plushy has made a contract with the 3axel never to lose it ? hanx for video, i m now finally watching, love the shirt, program will grow on me, I cant listen to the music well but i m happy it is not some bombastic piece. Very emotional come back, I hope he stays healthy!Cant believe he is back since he started skating on June!

  13. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    Zhenya is a Superstar, crowds and cheers are there to see him

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap-5K7QW1ZM

  14. #44
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    78
    Many probably know this already, but just in case, regarding Plushy's SP music and costume, I just want to mention that it is an instrumental version of the song Taka jak ty ("The Girl Like You") by the Ukrainian band Okean Elzy ("Elsa's Ocean"). It comes from the soundtrack of the Russian movie "We are from the Future", which was about four modern Russian youths who were mysteriously transported through time to the era of World War II. The song itself, in original context, was about losing the woman that one loves. Before this, Plushy has mentioned the source of the song in an interview, but also said that the program's theme isn't "militaristic", but about more general human emotions.

  15. #45
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,580
    This is better resolution and angle of Evgeni's SP, I start to like it

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •