Carolina Kostner 2013-14 season | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Carolina Kostner 2013-14 season

minze

Medalist
Umm interesting a skater has one bad outing and they written off. We are talking about Carolina kostner, someone who has prove she can comeback

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Caro just needs to fully recover from her injury and get better trained. When you are injured, you're not drilling those repetitions in practice and therefore you lack confidence and become a deer in headlights when competition time arrives. I think she just wanted to finally get her programs out in the public with this event and get feedback from the judges. It's too early to panic, but I'm sure Kostner knows she has a lot of work to do. Caro has been known to change costumes as the season goes on and we've already heard that the LP dress will not be the final one. She still has time to pull everything together. Here's hoping she does and has a wonderful dream season to boot! GO CARO! :love::yay:

thinspread

On the Ice
Caro just needs to fully recover from her injury and get better trained. When you are injured, you're not drilling those repetitions in practice and therefore you lack confidence and become a deer in headlights when competition time arrives. I think she just wanted to finally get her programs out in the public with this event and get feedback from the judges. It's too early to panic, but I'm sure Kostner knows she has a lot of work to do. Caro has been known to change costumes as the season goes on and we've already heard that the LP dress will not be the final one. She still has time to pull everything together. Here's hoping she does and has a wonderful dream season to boot! GO CARO! :love::yay:

Any words from her after the event?

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Any words from her after the event?

Carolina Kostner: "First of all I would like to congratulate Anna and Adelina for their medals. I had fun today, I did not feel nervous but I made ​​mistakes, which allowed me to know a little better myself. I hope this will help me in the future, I come home and I will work in any case I come home with a smile.

(The dress) This is a dress that I've worn (Denis Ten of the show in Kazakhstan, ed), but the costume is comfortable. The dress I'll wear in Sochi is not ready yet. As for the music, while the last year was not exactly "my" music, this year I like a lot more the choice. The next stop is in Russia, the goal is to complete all the elements tackling one at a time. "

Source: http://www.neveitalia.it/sport/figu...-kostner-torno-comunque-a-casa-con-un-sorriso
I used Google Translator to translate from Italian to English.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Caro's elegant exhibition to Eva Cassidy's cover of John Lennon's Imagine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8ZHgPf5S0c

It's beautiful to see her skate clean, strong, and freely from the jitters of competition. Strong 3Salchow and 2Axel and centered spins and lovely overall skating. Bellissima, Carolina! BRAVA!! :love:

Sara

On the Ice

Do you know what her injury is about?

thinspread

On the Ice
Carolina Kostner: "First of all I would like to congratulate Anna and Adelina for their medals. I had fun today, I did not feel nervous but I made ​​mistakes, which allowed me to know a little better myself. I hope this will help me in the future, I come home and I will work in any case I come home with a smile.

(The dress) This is a dress that I've worn (Denis Ten of the show in Kazakhstan, ed), but the costume is comfortable. The dress I'll wear in Sochi is not ready yet. As for the music, while the last year was not exactly "my" music, this year I like a lot more the choice. The next stop is in Russia, the goal is to complete all the elements tackling one at a time. "

Source: http://www.neveitalia.it/sport/figu...-kostner-torno-comunque-a-casa-con-un-sorriso
I used Google Translator to translate from Italian to English.

Classy words from her. :) I wish her all the best until Sochi. She's lovely, exquisite. Thanks for the excerpts.

cooper

Medalist
no one should count carolina out.. i think it's early.. i think her programs has potential.. she seems cautious when she was skating especially her lp..

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Do you know what her injury is about?

I'm sorry I don't have a lot of information about her injury. Only hearsay that she was injured over the summer. It doesn't seem like it was too serious. I think the combination of a minor injury plus a busy show schedule distracted Caro from fully preparing to be competition ready. Plus, she is still in university and taking exams. It's a hard balancing act. Keeping the faith that she gets her act together. :)

msadot

On the Ice
Caro's elegant exhibition to Eva Cassidy's cover of John Lennon's Imagine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8ZHgPf5S0c

It's beautiful to see her skate clean, strong, and freely from the jitters of competition. Strong 3Salchow and 2Axel and centered spins and lovely overall skating. Bellissima, Carolina! BRAVA!! :love:

Honestly, I kant imagine why people seem upset by her performances. Clearly she has to work on her programs, but SHE WON A MEDAL. Her 21st in a row.
I mean: had I been one of the other ladies, I would be HUGELY annoyed for the opposite reason. When she competes, there are only two medals available, by definition.

hurrah

Medalist
SHE WON A MEDAL. Her 21st in a row.

Really?! That's an incredible record. I love Carolina, but she was rather lucky this time to be skating in such a weak field. Had she skated at Skate America or Canada, she would not have medalled.

msadot

On the Ice
Really?! That's an incredible record. I love Carolina, but she was rather lucky this time to be skating in such a weak field. Had she skated at Skate America or Canada, she would not have medalled.

She would have been medalled. :) By definition. :)

mary01

Final Flight
Carolina knows she has alot of work to do, but this is only the first event of the season, i am already very curious about how she will do in her next event!

jaylee

Medalist
Carolina is a great skater. But I just don't think she's a great competitor.

She's absolutely mesmerizing in some of her galas, like the recent Opera on Ice. The presence, the edges, the confidence, beautiful moves like her spread eagles and back spiral...stunning.

But in competition, she often--but not always--seems like a different skater completely. She just wilted at Cup of China. Maybe it's due to the injury, but her commitment to her movements just didn't seem there. The energy was lacking. It was like and night and day compared to the skater Kostner can be.

However, I don't think a poor GP outing is going to kill her chances of a medal at the Olympics. But even if she misses the GPF, if she can regroup and get it together and skate a clean SP at the Olympics, I have no doubt that the judges will reward her accordingly. Kostner has won more world medals this quad than any other ladies skater. She can survive a poor GP outing if she delivers at the Olympics.

SimplyLex

On the Ice
^ I just can't help but see her as a female version of Brian Joubert. Amazing competitive record. Impressive number of medals won and consistency in winning them. But man do they have that Olympic curse upon them.

lcd

Match Penalty
For those who have been concerned about her Scheherazade costume from COC, I believe it has been established that this will not be her costume during the Olympics for that program.

Icey

Record Breaker
Carolina is a great skater. But I just don't think she's a great competitor.

She's absolutely mesmerizing in some of her galas, like the recent Opera on Ice. The presence, the edges, the confidence, beautiful moves like her spread eagles and back spiral...stunning.

But in competition, she often--but not always--seems like a different skater completely. She just wilted at Cup of China. Maybe it's due to the injury, but her commitment to her movements just didn't seem there. The energy was lacking. It was like and night and day compared to the skater Kostner can be.

However, I don't think a poor GP outing is going to kill her chances of a medal at the Olympics. But even if she misses the GPF, if she can regroup and get it together and skate a clean SP at the Olympics, I have no doubt that the judges will reward her accordingly. Kostner has won more world medals this quad than any other ladies skater. She can survive a poor GP outing if she delivers at the Olympics.

I believe she and kim are tied for world medals for this quad , both with 3 medals?

bara1968

On the Ice
Yeah... her poor showing at COC is rather disappointing but I still have high expectations on her; I don't want to conclude anything about her programs at this point neither. I sincerely hope that her injury was minor one and does not cause her any further setback.