Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Carolina Kostner 2013-14 season

Custom Title
    Beautiful skater, but these programs aren't making me excited. Although Bolero grew on me last year. Unfortunately her jumping errors are marring them further. She has a ton of work to do. Sochi is about clean skates which does not bode well for her. I can't imagine her skating like at CoC and being anywhere near the top 5 (or I should hope not, with two triple FS). I do think she has the ability to pull out the stops but gold and silver appears to be Yu Na and Mao at this point and bronze might be wide open given how Gold and Wagner have upped their game.

I have a feeling the programs that Lori Nichols gave to Carolina this year are about how she envisions figure skating should be, and they are probably far more difficult to execute than they actually look.

Her programs are nowhere near good as her last year programs. Her costumes are not that appealing. She's an overrated skater and people only pay attention to her because she's a world champion (which she won when the season was completely dead and there was virtually no serious competition). I wouldn't be surprised at all if she doesn't make the podium at Sochi.

Maybe she should go back to Bolero for the LP, but I don't think the SP was bad. I think the LP could even be good, with a different costume. Like I saw another poster saying in another thread, the costume didn't really go with the program.

Custom Title
    That final triple salchow in the closing moments of her program
    Again!?

Umm interesting a skater has one bad outing and they written off. We are talking about Carolina kostner, someone who has prove she can comeback

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Caro just needs to fully recover from her injury and get better trained. When you are injured, you're not drilling those repetitions in practice and therefore you lack confidence and become a deer in headlights when competition time arrives. I think she just wanted to finally get her programs out in the public with this event and get feedback from the judges. It's too early to panic, but I'm sure Kostner knows she has a lot of work to do. Caro has been known to change costumes as the season goes on and we've already heard that the LP dress will not be the final one. She still has time to pull everything together. Here's hoping she does and has a wonderful dream season to boot! GO CARO!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Caro just needs to fully recover from her injury and get better trained. When you are injured, you're not drilling those repetitions in practice and therefore you lack confidence and become a deer in headlights when competition time arrives. I think she just wanted to finally get her programs out in the public with this event and get feedback from the judges. It's too early to panic, but I'm sure Kostner knows she has a lot of work to do. Caro has been known to change costumes as the season goes on and we've already heard that the LP dress will not be the final one. She still has time to pull everything together. Here's hoping she does and has a wonderful dream season to boot! GO CARO!
    Any words from her after the event?

Quote Originally Posted by thinspread View Post
    Any words from her after the event?
    Carolina Kostner: "First of all I would like to congratulate Anna and Adelina for their medals. I had fun today, I did not feel nervous but I made ​​mistakes, which allowed me to know a little better myself. I hope this will help me in the future, I come home and I will work in any case I come home with a smile.

(The dress) This is a dress that I've worn (Denis Ten of the show in Kazakhstan, ed), but the costume is comfortable. The dress I'll wear in Sochi is not ready yet. As for the music, while the last year was not exactly "my" music, this year I like a lot more the choice. The next stop is in Russia, the goal is to complete all the elements tackling one at a time. "

Source: [url]http://www.neveitalia.it/sport/figureskating/grandprix/news/carolina-kostner-torno-comunque-a-casa-con-un-sorriso[/url]
    I used Google Translator to translate from Italian to English.

Caro's elegant exhibition to Eva Cassidy's cover of John Lennon's Imagine: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8ZHgPf5S0c[/url]

It's beautiful to see her skate clean, strong, and freely from the jitters of competition. Strong 3Salchow and 2Axel and centered spins and lovely overall skating. Bellissima, Carolina! BRAVA!!

Custom Title
    Do you know what her injury is about?

Custom Title
    Carolina Kostner: "First of all I would like to congratulate Anna and Adelina for their medals. I had fun today, I did not feel nervous but I made ​​mistakes, which allowed me to know a little better myself. I hope this will help me in the future, I come home and I will work in any case I come home with a smile.

(The dress) This is a dress that I've worn (Denis Ten of the show in Kazakhstan, ed), but the costume is comfortable. The dress I'll wear in Sochi is not ready yet. As for the music, while the last year was not exactly "my" music, this year I like a lot more the choice. The next stop is in Russia, the goal is to complete all the elements tackling one at a time. "

Source: [url]http://www.neveitalia.it/sport/figureskating/grandprix/news/carolina-kostner-torno-comunque-a-casa-con-un-sorriso[/url]
    I used Google Translator to translate from Italian to English.
    Classy words from her. I wish her all the best until Sochi. She's lovely, exquisite. Thanks for the excerpts.

no one should count carolina out.. i think it's early.. i think her programs has potential.. she seems cautious when she was skating especially her lp..

Quote Originally Posted by Sara View Post
    I'm sorry I don't have a lot of information about her injury. Only hearsay that she was injured over the summer. It doesn't seem like it was too serious. I think the combination of a minor injury plus a busy show schedule distracted Caro from fully preparing to be competition ready. Plus, she is still in university and taking exams. It's a hard balancing act. Keeping the faith that she gets her act together.

Quote Originally Posted by Sara View Post
    Something about her back...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast