Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Carolina Kostner 2013-14 season

~high art~
    At least the entry into the 3S is longer than it was with Bolero, so she might have a better result.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kikakiks View Post
    Hi everybody,
    Considering the poor showing of Carolina Kostner at Cup of china this weekend, I wanted to hear some thoughts on her new programs, what are her chances and how she could improve during the rest of the season.

I have read some comments that she should go back to her previous 2012-13 programs...do you think it would be the right strategy or she should concentrate on improving what she has on her hands now?

My personal opinion is that the poor technical showing has made the programs even less appealing, but that overall it almost seems like she reserved the less suitable programs to her for the olympic season
    Almost as if Lori Nichol did not put the same amount of thought into choosing the music...and it seems very strange.

Do you think her team has realized the weakness of the programs? Oris it just everybody's impression because she was not skating clean?

Should she compete at some B competitions to gain some experience?

No bashing necessary
    Carolina tends to build up nicely as the season progresses, and for any skater they build on there previous performance look at the feedback and make changes to levels or choreography or in some instances change jump layout or if they have time change music all together.

Like some of the bloggers here, her programs of the past 4 years I would say from 2010 are her best. I actually love the Humoresque SP, not something you usually here from the skaters and I love the dress and some nuances to the music. The LP not to sure about, the costume is ok but its not Carolina. I would have chosen a piano or violin concerto for her LP, its early days so lets see what happens, Carolina does have a tendency to change her costumes and sometimes that makes the difference - I would have gone for slim lined oriental themed green and gold dress with hints of blue... If she would have to change her LP I think she would have to go back to Bolero - that was to die for and ideal music for the Olympics. The Mozart program she should leave as that should stand alone for her stellar season and world title, although equally i love it I would not want to tarnish it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4