Thread: Which Chinese skaters should be sent to Sochi?

Banned

0 Not allowed!

Which Chinese skaters should be sent to Sochi?

Peng/Zhang vs. Sui/Han
    Nan Song vs. Han Yan

The decision is based on a formula: 30% of skaters' best national scores + 70% of skaters' best international scores.

I vote for Sui/Han and Han Yan. Han Yan is the handsdown #1. Nan Son should never have been sent to the worlds anyway. Peng/Zhang just do not have the charisma. I don't think they'll score as well as Sui/Han by international judges outside China.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    China only has one spot for Pairs in Sochi?

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    China only has one spot for Pairs in Sochi?
    China has two spots for Pairs in Sochi. Pang/Tong is a lock, since they are the Silver Medalists in Vancouver. Per the selection rule, if a pair (both partners) has achieved #1-3 placement in any previous Olympics, they will automatically qualify. Plus, Pang/Tong is scoring the highest and have the highest scoring potential at this moment.

The other spot is up for grab.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    We'll have to see how they all do in their next outings. Sui & Hang and Peng & Zhang are both competing at NHK. That should settle the international question of ranking. Of course, if P&Z finish 2nd and S&H 3rd, there might be a meeting at the GPF as well..or not.

In fact, P&T could finish behind both D&R and B&L of Russia, which could put them at one silver, one bronze too.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    I have to say i really enjoy watching Sui/Han skate. She is starting to not look like she's 12 anymore and they are skating more mature programs.

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Between Han Yan and Nan Song, it is more apparent it would be Han Yan, unless illness or injury. I think they are even intentionally sent to the same GPs to see how they skate at the same time.

Though their later performance counts, some fans indicate Peng/Zhang is more favorable than Siu/Han, judging by how poorly designed Sui/Han' LP costumes are, since their costumes are given by the authorities.

Banned

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    We'll have to see how they all do in their next outings. Sui & Hang and Peng & Zhang are both competing at NHK. That should settle the international question of ranking. Of course, if P&Z finish 2nd and S&H 3rd, there might be a meeting at the GPF as well..or not.

In fact, P&T could finish behind both D&R and B&L of Russia, which could put them at one silver, one bronze too.
    The formula is based on scores, not rankings. Since Peng & Zhang are Yao's favorites, they can always cheat at domestic competitions in order to 'beat' Sui/Han.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Sui and Han deserve it but NHK will be interesting.

Banned

0 Not allowed!
    I like the Peng & Zhang team and think they have alot of potential if he can hang in for 4 more years, being 33 at the time of the next Olympics. However Sui & Han right now they are stronger, they have more scoring potential, and get higher PCS from international judges. Unless Bin Yao's influence in China is very strong still I would be surprised if the spot didnt go to Sui & Han.

I am much less sure of Sui & Han's long term potential. Unless she is already done growing I am not sure if they can even stay together long term.