Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can somebody, anybody stop kanako murakami from stabbing the ice with her skate?

Banned

Can somebody, anybody stop kanako murakami from stabbing the ice with her skate?

Can somebody, anybody stop kanako murakami from stabbing the ice with her skate on her lutz in time for the olympics?!

Custom Title
    Ok, I will call her right now...line is busy...

Banned
    I'm sick of it... It's just not fair! She was taught this when she was very young, and now... It's just not fair!

Custom Title
    Wow. How is it not fair? Not fair to the ice? Not fair to you, seeing as how you're somehow being forced to watch her skate?

~high art~
    Her jumps do suck but oh well

Custom Title
    Is this about her mule kick? It's not pretty, but not that annoying to me.

I cannot pinpoint why, but something about her reactions in K&C at COC had me feel that she might be actually retiring after the season, as she mentioned before.

Custard Title
    Quote Originally Posted by thinspread View Post
    Is this about her mule kick? It's not pretty, but not that annoying to me.

I cannot pinpoint why, but something about her reactions in K&C at COC had me feel that she might be actually retiring after the season, as she mentioned before.
    I believe she said that she wants to coach in the future. I can only pray that future Japanese juniors do not learn how to flip and flutz from replays of Murakami.

Custom Title
    The skate police should arrest her and put her on trial for attempted murder of the ice . lol

Her flip/lutz technique is terrible. But actually, I saw a slight improvement this time in that she is not pitching forward as much as before as she takes off. Hopefully there will be incremental improvements as I love Kanako's musicality.

ETA: And did anyone note that Kanako has fixed her under-rotation problem!

Quote Originally Posted by AllYouDoIsTalk View Post
    I'm sick of it... It's just not fair! She was taught this when she was very young, and now... It's just not fair!
    I saw lots of children were jumping like this here and there in group lessons. It just gives impression of sloppiness, "It's ok, go just jump jump jump". Ah, somebody had to fix this long time ago.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post
    Her flip/lutz technique is terrible. But actually, I saw a slight improvement this time in that she is not pitching forward as much as before as she takes off. Hopefully there will be incremental improvements as I love Kanako's musicality.

ETA: And did anyone note that Kanako has fixed her under-rotation problem!
    Yeah I noticed it, too. Mule kicks are still there, though.
    According to the report, Kanako has changed her blade to a lighter one in order to fix her entry/bending posture into jumps, because her coach Machiko Yamada sees them (her old entry to jumps) not pretty to watch. This also affects her jump consistency right now unfortunately. Hopefully she gets used to the new blade as the season deepens.

Custom Title
    ^^ Yes, I noticed all Japanese skaters at COC, and Kostner too, using that new type of blades. I remember Asada also with the same type blades earlier. Is it part carbon-ceramic or all steel? What is the advantage supposed to be, except being lighter weight?

I think it's 50 grams lighter. For some skaters, this enables better control of their skating and jumps, but sometimes, lighter skates are not necessarily ideal. Dai recently changed back to heavier skates and he said that it stabalizes his skating and enables his edges to dig into the ice better. So there are pros and cons to both light and heavy skates, and what fits depends on the particular physique of that skater and the kind of skating that they want to achieve.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post
    I think it's 50 grams lighter. For some skaters, this enables better control of their skating and jumps, but sometimes, lighter skates are not necessarily ideal. Dai recently changed back to heavier skates and he said that it stabalizes his skating and enables his edges to dig into the ice better. So there are pros and cons to both light and heavy skates, and what fits depends on the particular physique of that skater and the kind of skating that they want to achieve.
    Thanks for the reply. So I guess it's a trial and error process for each skater. Interesting is that Suzuki at SC was using the conventional blades, but all other Japanese ladies in GP were with the new lighter blades.

Quote Originally Posted by guanchi View Post
    Ok, I will call her right now...line is busy...
    You can try twitter.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast