Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The upcoming rivalries you are excited about

Hybrid View

Custom Title

The upcoming rivalries you are excited about

Afret Sochi a lot of skaters will retire, so that will be the time for the new rising stars to shine. What potential rivalries do you see in future? I think it'll be veeeeeeery exciting among the ladies.
    Osmond/Gracie -f0r the best North American girl
    Julia/Gracie - would loooove to see them compete against each other. I'm sure Gold is tired being 2d so it will be feirce between them. Hope they'll push the standard with their skating to new heights.
    Yuzuru/Chan - if he stays.

Banned
    Chan ? that's a laugh
    more like Yuzu vs Yan

hopefully after Sochi, wether Chan gets a medal or not
    he will finally disappear in men's FS.

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Chan ? that's a laugh
    more like Yuzu vs Yan

hopefully after Sochi, wether Chan gets a medal or not
    he will finally disappear in men's FS.
    I hope Chan stays. I want to see your HEAD POPS!

I am curious as to how the new kids on the block will play out post Sochi - Yan vs Brown vs Josh vs Kovtun; Julia vs Gold vs Tut vs Kaetlyn.
    It is obvious that the Japanese men are still a big force to be reckon for the next few years. Russian girls look very strong and set to dominate.
    Keeping an eye on the new kids for pairs and dance too but not too sure who are the ones will rise to the top of the game eventually. Will see.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    I hope Chan stays. I want to see your HEAD POPS!
    Haha I would love that. And he's only 22 so you never know. Lol the Chan bashers' heads would explode!!!! Plus he's an excellent skater.

Custom Title
    Lip vs Radio vs Lina (Polina Edmunds doesn't have an abbreviated name yet, but I think that's a nice one for her ) for Pyeongchang 2018.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by koatcue View Post
    Afret Sochi a lot of skaters will retire, so that will be the time for the new rising stars to shine. What potential rivalries do you see in future? I think it'll be veeeeeeery exciting among the ladies.
    Julia/Gracie - would loooove to see them compete against each other. I'm sure Gold is tired being 2d so it will be feirce between them. Hope they'll push the standard with their skating to new heights.
    If this is the primary ladies rivalry after Sochi, the sport is dead. These are two of the least expressive skaters out there today. With Elena R in the mix it would be exciting because she actually projects her artistry. Of course, Adelina and Kaetlyn are great artists but they will be held back unless they can hit their jumps.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    If this is the primary ladies rivalry after Sochi, the sport is dead. These are two of the least expressive skaters out there today. With Elena R in the mix it would be exciting because she actually projects her artistry. Of course, Adelina and Kaetlyn are great artists but they will be held back unless they can hit their jumps.
    but this two is the most popular ladies in their respective regions/countries
    Gracie has the jumps, looks and hollywood beauty and is much hyped and will be loved by the media

Julia is the overwelmighly popular skater in Russia 5 folds that of Sotnikova and 10 folds as Tuk
    check Julia's vk fanpages, many young skaters in Russia say Julia is their ideal skater

As to the men, are you forgetting how young Dennis Ten is as well as how talented?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by merrywidow View Post
    As to the men, are you forgetting how young Dennis Ten is as well as how talented?
    Denis Ten isn't that young he is turning 21
    that's like saying Wagner is young and not worn out

Best comeback EVOR! zamboni step's Avatar
    I honestly think the top three of the future in ladies skating will be Adelina, Julia and Gracie. If Elizaveta gets herself together though she could be right up there too. Sadly I have a feeling that Elena will have a rough adolescence without the mental toughness of Julia....

Custom Title
    The thread is about rivalries which excite YOU, not me

Sometimes bad skating happens to good people... LiamForeman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post

Has Gold even stated her intentions to continue if she skates in Sochi? Her father is a physician and I am sure holds education in high regard. She has not shown to be such a great competitor. Anyone positive this is not her last season if she makes it to the Olympics? I actually like her skating, there is a lot to like besides her occasional 3/3s. At 18 she might just feel she accomplished her goals and move on to an Ivy League school (or not, not meaning to sound snobbish, but Ivies would go crazy over Gold).

As for Julia, well, I'm being cautious. When I first saw her two or three years ago I was amazed at her flexibility and determination to land her triples, but we've all been there done that. Then her jumps got bigger as she got bigger. I started believing in her ability. Anything can happen, and lord knows I wish she had a better axel technique, but I see a budding artist in her. Her extension is best in the world and I'm not just talking flexibility. Look to Miki Ando who has flexibility but zero extension.

Radionova? She's how I viewed Julia two years ago. Let's see where she is two years from now. Her charm is unmistakable, but her body needs to go through some changes.

Quote Originally Posted by LiamForeman View Post

Has Gold even stated her intentions to continue if she skates in Sochi? Her father is a physician and I am sure holds education in high regard.
    It would be great for me, I dont tolerate her, seriously the girl is the most boring skater ever, for now, I dont think the figure skaters can`t improve, but right now she is terrible for me. Though I dont think that she will retire soon, the only thing I like of her is that she looks like love to skate, so I guess she doesnt want to retire yet.

Rinkside

In my perfect dream world...

Polina Edmunds vs. Zijun Li.... much like Yuna vs. Mao ^^

Custom Title
    Josh vs Jason (US)
    Yuzu Hanyu vs Han Yan (Japan vs China) the duology to the Japan vs Korea story with Yuna and Mao.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast