Julia Lipnitskaya's FS - Schindler's List ( The Red Coat Effect ) | Golden Skate

Julia Lipnitskaya's FS - Schindler's List ( The Red Coat Effect )

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Her outfit is one of my favorites recently, but I don't think the program is a masterpiece. She only got ~60 for PCS.

AllYouDoIsTalk

Match Penalty
She deserves >60 PCS for her intro and outro alone. Because she studied Stanislavsky. Name one figure skater out there today who study Stanislavsky. Name one. Her face says it all. Figure skating is only a prop for her.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
She deserves >60 PCS for her intro and outro alone. Because she studied Stanislavsky. Name one figure skater out there today who study Stanislavsky. Name one. Her face says it all. Figure skating is only a prop for her.

her PCS from 59 to 60 and it can increase more
name one figure skater who isn't acing on the ice ? figure skating is part props :)

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Adelina's pcs is 60 too, so what? Is she inferior to Gracie in terms of ss ot other components? Julia's will rise, no doubt..

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Schindler's List is one of my all-time favorite films. Her costume is perfect. Though I wish her skating would be more 'pushed outward' like a Lipinski, I love this program. She has the right blend of child/youngwoman to make this work in seniors and still be faithful to the film. I think if she wins her next GP and places at GPF her PCS will increase significantly. I'd rather have a heartfelt Lipnitskaya get a medal than a watered down and stumbling Kostner at the Olys. Thankfully Julia will be performing in her home country and that could make the difference.

ETA: When I refer to Lipinski I'm referring to her speed, her energy and her attack only. Not her interpretive skills. I can hear Peggy commenting on a Tara "Schindler's List" program: "She skates with such eagerness and JOY!!!!" And Dick would reply: "She's skating as a little girl who was murdered in the Holocaust! Peggy, how much joy is there in that?" And Peggy would say: "Look I've only known skating my entire life, and looking pretty. I don't know the first thing about the music she's skating to, and obviously neither does Tara. In fact many do not believe the Holocaust even existed. I'm just trying to keep things fair and balanced, and represent the opposite viewpoint, like Fox News Entertainment channel!". Dick: "Whatever Peggy. Just concentrate on the pretty costumes and that Tonia Kwiatkowski is so put together that not even ONE hair is out of place." Peggy: "Tonia is adorable, just like my hero Carol Heiss, not one hair is out of place!!!}

AllYouDoIsTalk

Match Penalty
Drawing on the ice improves skating skills?

What? Are we talking the same program? We are talking Schindler's List, yes? Cause in intro, Julia has head down-- overburdened with questions of schematic rhetoric; then she skated forward and looked back over her shoulder-- conveying the systematic repression of the full scale of human objectivity through formless guilt; then further on, she skated forward then she come running back on her blades, yes? and then to a screeching halt, thus conveying that there is a vast difference between 1) regarding groups as being shaped by immediate circumstances, including the people and institutions around them and 2) regarding groups as having own internal cultural patterns, antedating the environment in which they currently find themselves, and transcending the beliefs, biases, and decisions of others.

Outro because Julia, by using the Stanislavsky method of using props, when done spinning like corkscrew, she steadies herself and finishes by looking over shoulder again-- but more upward this time and more toward the distance-- depicting the cultural characteristics of TWO middleman minorities, Jews and toddlers, as primarily a function of the constraints imposed upon them by the host societies in which they live (Jews) and only secondarily of the group's own cultural development (toddlers). In short, the consequence of what they were *allowed* to do, than of any "traditional" proclivity of their own-- certainly true of the Jews annexed by czarist Russia. Julia knows, and Julia conveys this.

Robeye

Final Flight
What? Are we talking the same program? We are talking Schindler's List, yes? Cause in intro, Julia has head down-- overburdened with questions of schematic rhetoric; then she skated forward and looked back over her shoulder-- conveying the systematic repression of the full scale of human objectivity through formless guilt; then further on, she skated forward then she come running back on her blades, yes? and then to a screeching halt, thus conveying that there is a vast difference between 1) regarding groups as being shaped by immediate circumstances, including the people and institutions around them and 2) regarding groups as having own internal cultural patterns, antedating the environment in which they currently find themselves, and transcending the beliefs, biases, and decisions of others.

Outro because Julia, by using the Stanislavsky method of using props, when done spinning like corkscrew, she steadies herself and finishes by looking over shoulder again-- but more upward this time and more toward the distance-- depicting the cultural characteristics of TWO middleman minorities, Jews and toddlers, as primarily a function of the constraints imposed upon them by the host societies in which they live (Jews) and only secondarily of the group's own cultural development (toddlers). In short, the consequence of what they were *allowed* to do, than of any "traditional" proclivity of their own-- certainly true of the Jews annexed by czarist Russia. Julia knows, and Julia conveys this.
:laugh: Bonus points for cheek (or "chutzpah", in the Yiddish).

Still, all in all, I thought the program was a good one, effective and affecting in its own way.

SimplyLex

On the Ice

lmao, really? You cannot be serious. You really think she knows everything that you just said?

She probably does know and understand the topic of holocaust and the tragedy thereof, but I highly doubt she's aware of any of the concepts you described. Nor does her choreography convey all that.
It's a nice intro, but man, talk about over-intepretation :rolleye:

Robeye

Final Flight
lmao, really? You cannot be serious. You really think she knows everything that you just said?

She probably does know and understand the topic of holocaust and the tragedy thereof, but I highly doubt she's aware of any of the concepts you described. Nor does her choreography convey all that.
It's a nice intro, but man, talk about over-intepretation :rolleye:
Unless I am completely mistaken, some satirical clowning around is involved here. ;)

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

:laugh: And did you know that in her dislocating spiral Julia is deliberately evoking the intensely emotional, personal transformation of Schindler from staunch businessman to empathetic life-saver? I mean, the very moment her leg dislocates and switches position from her side to behind her back, it's like WOW, that spiral represents everything about Oscar Schindler right there. Julia knows this... Julia conveys this.