Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Thread: Yuna Kim to Compete at Golden Spin of Zagreb, Croatia, Dec 5-8

Custom Title
    While we are nit picking, I wish she didn't cover her boots. With her money she could have boots made that match her skin tone if lengthening the look of her legs is what she is going for.

Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    While we are nit picking, I wish she didn't cover her boots. With her money she could have boots made that match her skin tone if lengthening the look of her legs is what she is going for.
    After six years, I think I've come to terms with it. She's never going to change the way she wears her tights. But at least she doesn't wear them like this:

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/C...5vdnGbWNJx.jpg

Ah, but YuNa makes it look sweet

Custom Title
    I think tan boots are worse than OTB tights. I much prefer the white boot look, but I don't think Yu Na will change. She has her signature look and has done well with it. Skaters, like other athletes, have their superstitions and rituals.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by RABID View Post
    The problem with her only skating the Korean nationals is that when she finally skates at Sochi it will be her FIRST time skating to some serious competition. If anyone can get away with that it is her but I certainly DON'T think this is the best plan for her. She is giving too much care and attention to her own abilities and not enough to the abilities and performances her Sochi competition will have ready for her. It is a balancing act that has her leaning too far the side of caution, I think.
    I don't think it will be a problem for her. If she hadn't fallen in Croatia, everyone would be saying she's unbeatable, etc. Other skaters have gone to the Olympics with new/re-worked programs skated for the first time and won gold--Shizuka Arakawa reworked both her short and long programs before Torino and Sarah Hughes reworked her long program before SLC. All Yu Na has to do is hit her elements. In fact, as long as she does her 3-3's, I think she can win even with a mistake on some other element.

Rinkside
    I heard Josiane Lamond, Yuna's former designer who made 2010 costumes, said that she would love to work again with Yuna to design costumes for 2014 Sochi Olympics. If it really happens, I think it'll make so many skating fans happy since there are too many complaints about the costumes. What do you guys think?

I like YuNa's yellow costume just fine. Maybe yellow and clowns go together. They are pretty, appropriate costumes. Given her music, the costumes do not need a particular look. I am not disappointed. I forget the program, but YuNa has a black costume very much like the new one. The sleeves, length, cut out back. Sequins-really, I wondered why she even bothered it is so similar. She looks very sexy in the cut out back and the skirt for the LP. Her hair is very black now. I would just add the red to her hair or maybe a red carnation. If she were blond, there would at least be some dichotomy to make it look more interesting. I love her hair now. Just a touch of red. And Yuna is right, her costumes are fine, she needs to skate and stand up, not fall like in Zagreb-how odd was that for her? Like kwan, she seldom goes down.

Her fans seem to not like the Sp dress, but who cares? Both programs need work to be Olympic caliber. Les Mis was so good, one did not mind the drab grey period type look she was going for. With the horrible costumes on the Russian babies, YuNa is out ahead on costumes by far.

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    ^^^ I'm not a fan of the yellow dress but it is nowhere near as bad as anything most of the Russian girls are wearing. Julia is the only one with a lovely set of dresses this year. Adelina, Anna, Liza, even my little Elena, all of their dresses are ...

I think the yellow dress washes Yu-Na out; the color does nothing for her. Also the style of it is quite plain and rather ho-hum and boring compared to most of the dresses Yu-Na has worn, and she has had a number of really beautiful dresses. Next to Mao, Carolina, Akiko, Ashley and Julia's SP dresses, Yu-Na's looks really plain and she is anything but that. I really hope she gets a new dress before Sochi.

As for the FS dress, it's not that amazing but the simplicity of it is effective for the program she is skating to. She could do something to make it stand out a little more if she wanted to, but I actually think that dress is fine as is... It's just the SP dress that needs a do over.

LOl, the yellow SP dress is probably my favorite Yuna dress ever. She looks absolutely stunning and classy in it.

Perfect Program
    Perfect Dress

Need her to nail every jump. It will be my favorite SP of all time.

Custom Title
    I actually love Yuna's SP dress and prefer it over her LP dress. I think it's different from what she usually wears. And she's very pretty in yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by jkaruna View Post
    I heard Josiane Lamond, Yuna's former designer who made 2010 costumes, said that she would love to work again with Yuna to design costumes for 2014 Sochi Olympics. If it really happens, I think it'll make so many skating fans happy since there are too many complaints about the costumes. What do you guys think?
    Is there a reason why Lamond did not work with her this time around to begin with?

I like her sp dress but not her lp dress :(

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallize View Post
    Is there a reason why Lamond did not work with her this time around to begin with?
    Maybe she's going the full "supporting Korea" route.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    Maybe she's going the full "supporting Korea" route.
    David Wilson still does her choreography.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    David Wilson still does her choreography.
    I use the term "full" loosely.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystallize View Post
    I actually love Yuna's SP dress and prefer it over her LP dress. I think it's different from what she usually wears. And she's very pretty in yellow.

Probably because YuNa lives in Korea and Lamond lives in Montreal, Canada.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26