Yuna Kim to Compete at Golden Spin of Zagreb, Croatia, Dec 5-8 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim to Compete at Golden Spin of Zagreb, Croatia, Dec 5-8

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
You're in for a much bigger treat. Miki will do more than that. She will win Golden Spin, take the Japanese National title and then defeat the big three at the Olympics.

I asked for something interesting, not the apocalypse.

This just made my morning. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm interested to see Yu-Na's programs. I was unimpressed with both programs last year so hopefully she'll go out with a creative bang in her final season.

I like both music choices so my fingers are crossed.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Not that invested but surprised several programs are not enjoyed as "great, LOL." I think Adios Nonino is up her alley. There is a 2 month old montage to YuNa to this music...u mean I beat the ubers to this, me just a regular YuNa Fan???? Incredible, for sure. Any way, this is kind of music I thought she needed.

I do not think her SP will be anything like Meditation. She popped her first jump in that, so surprising, but she worked very hard and it was interpreted well. I do not like her choice of SP music. It is too slow, not dynamic enough to showcase what she in so famous for. But last year's SP was forgettable when you consider she skated the best LP of her life. So, VANCOUVER WAS VERY SPECIAL IN that she had fun, great programs and skated them cleanly. That is what we want to see.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
As skating music, Send in the Clowns always makes me think of this program:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIGoWGjetog

Far from my favorite skater, but this is a performance of a lifetime. Love the music cuts, too -- I miss the days when different numbers entirely were used for big shakeups in mood and tempo. Lots of nice choreographic flourishes in here, too -- the Ina Bauer, the entries into the spins, etc.

Maybe Yuna's Send in the Clowns is an homage to all of us who are furiously typing away on Internet forums. "Don't bother... they're here!"

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Tonya's big skate. HMMMM. I dislike anything but Babs' version of Send In the.... or maybe Judy Collins. I simply cannot imagine this as YuNa's SP. Too bad we have to wait so long into season. I think a lot of programs are lacking for an Olympic year. I'm beginning to wonder if Julia will take this thing after all. Everyone says she is so great.

thinspread

On the Ice
Yuna is leaving for Croatia today, will give a short interview at the airport. Official practice starts 4 Dec.

Well, we could look at it this way. 37 people disliked ithe vid out of 5,140 views.

As for me, I;ll just stick to the comments:

1. Rudy is without a doubt a true ARTIST on ice......God bless you Rudy!

2. My niece told me when he skated in McAllen he got a well deserved standing ovation!

3. Wow brings tears to my eyes!

4. I saw this when it aired on TV. Brilliant performance. Poetry on ice. Rudy Galindo will always be my favorite ice skater.

I will add mine: Rudy G., "the guts and glue of the Collins crew."

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
maybe they disliked the quality of the vid, not the skater or the program?

Anyway, Yuna's version will be amazing, too. Did anyone notice that the timing of her triple Lutz triple toe combo will come right on: "You in … midair." :)

Franklin99

Medalist
Which I imagine she will.

Last year, at the concurrent NRW Trophy, Kim (201.61) and the Germans (207.52) both scored higher than the GPF winners Asada (196.80) and V/T (204.55). ;)

What's the point of trying to upstage the GPF. I doubt any of the girls who made it to the GPF did anything to hurt her, or said anything against her.

Kim is not trying to upstage anyone. The organizers of the Golden Spin chose this date to hold their competition. It is what it is.

Franklin99

Medalist
Kim is not trying to upstage anyone. The organizers of the Golden Spin chose this date to hold their competition. It is what it is.

I was responding to this comment:

Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
Excellent! Perfect timing to upstage the GPF.

I think Krislite is just fooling around. ;)

People are eager to see Kim's programs. But the GP final is shaping up to be one of the best ever. In dance alone we have Davis and White. Virtue and Moir, Bobrova and Soloviev, Penchalat and Bourzat, Weaver and Poje :love: , and Capellini and Lanotte :love: :love: .