Yuna Kim to Compete at Golden Spin of Zagreb, Croatia, Dec 5-8 | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim to Compete at Golden Spin of Zagreb, Croatia, Dec 5-8

parma

On the Ice
She did fine for a person just coming out of an injury. It was truly a rare occasion to see her missing the first combo by the way. Considering her usual consistency on the jumps, she will be just fine two months later.

bebevia

On the Ice
OMg you got it... I couldn't quite figure out what it was but my eyes kept going somewhere around her wrist. I mean, her dress isn't so bad, although at first I thought it was, but later in her program, it didn't look as bad with her hair up and full make-up. But then it was still a bit... I don't know...not as classy as before...?? And you nailed it. It WAS the SLEEVES!!!
I tried to imagine the costume without sleeves and wow, then it looks great. Exotic.
I think you guys just made my day... after being torn with the stress of my dress design and construction due next week, lol.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In no way Yuna deserved that high PCS even if the comp was B-class, and as I said earlier, this poor outing by her confirms my belief that Sochi OGM is not hers. I predict that the battle will be between Mao and Julia who will have a strong backing from her country. Yuna will be considered lucky to get even a bronze. Sigh...

Poor outing? Yuna is coming off a injury and is playing catch up with the other Ladies. It was her first competition of the season. I do think she needs to compete at least a couple more times though.

verysmuchso

On the Ice
I found her LP really superb! Absolutely fantastic. The version of Adios Nonino she chose is great as well. It underlines the melancholic and dissonant beauty of this amazing piece of music which can be also grand and majestic, in orchestral version, and which has very little to do with your average dance-parlor tango. Despite the fall and somewhat slow skating, Yuna seems to have yet improved in her skating skills. The flow was just mind-blowing. As for the dress, perhaps a small accent somewhere could enhance it. But, after all, this piece was composed by Piazzola upon his father's death. So the sober black gown is quite appropriate for the mournful mood it intends to evoke.

ahy

Final Flight
As a big yuna fan, i lover her very much. But u cant always think that yuna is perfect all the time. She was injured a few months ago and only had 1 month to train before this competition. I think she did pretty well considering her condition. What she needs is stamina and confidence, u can c that she was very nervous before the lp, i hadnt seen her being that nervous be4. Anyways, i like these 2 programs and they have potential. I am sure yuna can deliver them ! Trust in yuna

gourry

Final Flight
Gosh I love her programs this season already. :love: These are very Olympic worthy programs and beautifully accentuate her unique qualities. I echo you, Symmetry!
I can't wait to watch her to perform this with 100% stamina. This is great already and it will be epic then! Yuna is really one very special snowflake. Love, love her.

Re: her costumes, they are good. I mean, I didn't like her SP dress at first in the practice pictures, but as a woman myself, I should have known better that with make-up and proper hairdo, dresses look very different.:eek:: In actual competition, it was beautiful. I hope she doesn't make any drastic change to it. Maybe the sleeve can go, but other than that, not too much change please!
Now her LP dress, hm, it's a bit stoic than I expected, but not bad. I guess she's not going for sensual tango feel, but more into the original theme of the music? Saying goodbye? But still you can use a bit more color with beads I think. Like dark purple or even dark green. Anyway, it could be better but not that bad either. And I like the slit in her skirt.

Krislite

Medalist
Well, I think Yuna has joined the game too late. Missing GP series has done her no favors and from her history, it is very unlikely she will participate in more competitions before Sochi. This isn't how she wants to go to the Olympics. She clearly lacks that "killer instinct" and I seriously doubt it will return to her just in time for the biggest game of her life.

Yes, yes. We get it. From this single competition it is clear she's lost it completely and her chances for even a bronze medal are doomed.

Sara

On the Ice
In no way Yuna deserved that high PCS even if the comp was B-class, and as I said earlier, this poor outing by her confirms my belief that Sochi OGM is not hers. I predict that the battle will be between Mao and Julia who will have a strong backing from her country. Yuna will be considered lucky to get even a bronze. Sigh...

She has had one month to prepare for this competition. Personally I didn't expect her to skate perfectly today because of her recent injury. 2,5 months will be enough for Yuna to improve these programmes and build stamina. I like a lot both of her programmes!

Julia won't have chances neither for the gold or silver in Sochi, IMO. She is a very talented and lovely skater but the pressure will be tremendous for her in Sochi and I do not think she'll skate clean there unfortunately.

anthologyz

Rinkside
the snarky me thought she'd borrowed agnes zawadzi's who's also wearing black backless number to tango music. i think the programs have potential but she needs to get in the mileage. her '09-10 season had mistakes on the grand prix but she worked it out in time for vancouver. maybe she'll want to do 4CC... cuz i don't know if korean nationals is enough.

chloepoco

Medalist
Yuna skated her LP beautifully, however, I don't really care for that music. As for her dress, Yuna looks great in anything she wears. I hope both she and Mao skate lights out at the Olympics!

Jenny81

Rinkside

Well, I think Yuna has joined the game too late. Missing GP series has done her no favors and from her history, it is very unlikely she will participate in more competitions before Sochi. This isn't how she wants to go to the Olympics. She clearly lacks that "killer instinct" and I seriously doubt it will return to her just in time for the biggest game of her life.

:laugh:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Yes she certainly lack the killer instinct. That's why she didn't do the GP series last season either and only won Worlds by over 20 points. :laugh:

bmelanie

On the Ice
The flow was just mind-blowing. As for the dress, perhaps a small accent somewhere could enhance it.

I agree. I kept thinking about a red flower in her bun. But then again, as you say, it is a mourning song, a passionate one but essentially a grieving piece of music. I think she brings that through nicely - kudos again to Maestro Wilson!

Ven

Match Penalty
You guys need to better recognize puppet account trolls when you see them. :bang:

Also, thank you for the kind words, bluesky. I really appreciate it.

bmelanie

On the Ice
When I said Yuna seems a little "off" I was not referring to the fall on the jump. That was just careless, perhaps it could be the result of her attention and focus not being 100%, but it wasn't the reason why I felt the program wasn't its full potential yet. I think Yuna just did not express the music as powerful as she is capable. Her performance was actually good, but I know she is capable of a performance much greater that no one else can equal. It's a high standard and she can do better. In fact I am sure she will by the Olympics, but since it's not that time yet, I still worry. :p

Whoever said the other ladies have better SP this year, I respectfully disagree. I absolutely love Yuna's and the further potential that is there.

I feel like I had the same impression last year as well, though, when she was at the NRW Trophy. I found her Les Miz program quite lackluster at that competition, and look what it became by the time we got to Worlds. I do hope she attends Four Continents because it'll be good to air out the program again at a big event, but considering this was her first outing I'm not terribly concerned. Interviews also mentioned that the rink was small and the ice softer than she was used to, which I think means she had to hold herself back with some of those jumps as she really goes flying across when she has a mind to.