Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuna Kim to Compete at Golden Spin of Zagreb, Croatia, Dec 5-8

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chansb View Post
    It's Jazz. I couldn't imagine that the music cut would be like this. Glad to see yuna looked healthy in practice. thank you for the video clip.
    I don't think it's jazzy. Me too didn't expect that version of the music. Still it's a quintessential Piazzolla tango. I had expected the program wouldn't be a typical tango. I feel it's layers deeper than her Tango de Roxanne. It's obviously a very demanding routine. I think she's a very talented dancer besides being a great skater. The choreography is filled with assymetrical movements, which will need huge stamina to pull it off with intended nuances till the end. Yuna and David Wilson again went with an ambitious concept for the Olympic season.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    Wow!!

That's not banners anymore, that's art! Really lovely
    Agreed!

And it's great to hear that YuNa's run-through is so good. I want to see her at her tippy-top peak this season. It's a quality few skaters can attain, and whether one is a fan or not, it's a privilege to see such extraordinary skating. (And for us fans...magnifique!)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothiw View Post
    Battle of the Banners here on Golden Spin 2013 !!!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3&l=fea4c0323d

Yuna fans are very royal to her and I like that.

What is your favorite?
    Gosh, they are all wonderful!! The one with little Yunas in different costumes is so cute

I love Yuna's new programmes!!

Custom Title
    Those banners are so elaborate. Centuries from now, when the history books get all muddled, people are actually going to think Yu Na Kim was a queen lol. All that's left is to put her face on some money...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by samson View Post
    Centuries from now, when the history books get all muddled, people are actually going to think Yu Na Kim was a queen lol. All that's left is to put her face on some money...
    Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by samson View Post
    Those banners are so elaborate. Centuries from now, when the history books get all muddled, people are actually going to think Yu Na Kim was a queen lol. All that's left is to put her face on some money...
    This is (erm, will be) truth.

Quote Originally Posted by smoothiw View Post
    Battle of the Banners here on Golden Spin 2013 !!!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3&l=fea4c0323d

Yuna fans are very royal to her and I like that.

What is your favorite?
    You know you are an YuNa fan when you get excited over the first showing of her banners. YuNa has so many artistic fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Woohoo!

Custom Title
    Wow!! I especially love Yuna's SP (the LP looks great too, but she skipped so much of the choreo I couldn't get an overall impression of it yet). But the SP is majestic. Reminds me of Kwan's East of Eden. Gorgeous inside-outside spread eagle into double axel. And her jumps are spot on.

Custom Title
    Yuna's post-practice interview (copied from Yuna Forum http://yunaforum.com/forum/index.php...ic=4884&st=340)

"There are a lot of different varieties in tango. It is bound to be compared [with Roxanne] since there is a limit on what you can choreograph on the ice and some parts may look similar, but I had not a bit of Tango de Roxanne in my mind when I prepared this program."

"I haven't thought about any keywords for the Free Skate. Since this piece is an elegy for grandfather, I tried to imbue the memories of spending happy days with him."

Kim Yu-Na wanted to emphasize there is a distinctive feel of tango compared to the short program despite the similar emotions contained in the SP.

She also said she still needs to polish the program. "It's been only recent that my stamina and health was finally ready to digest the program, if not perfectly. I still need more time to perfect it."

"It's difficult because there are no moments of respite but when it's done well, it's an excellent program. I shall continue to work on it to make even more perfect till the Olympics."

"As long as I don't get nervous, I should be able to finish the competition without big mistakes."

"Every skater is exposed to the risk of injury; however, I still have time until the Olympics and shouldn't have a problem preparing for it."

As for the ongoing Grand Prix Final happening in Japan, "Since the events are overlapped, I'll be able to have some competition jitters but focus sharply on my performance."

Asked about her post-Sochi plans, "I would take a rest, first and foremost," she smiled.

Asked to give her thoughts on 2018 Olympics, "I won't be able to continue on until then but it's going to be a great experience for young Korean skaters since a big competition is rarely held in Korea. It was a privilege and honor for me to participate in the bidding process, and I'm happy that Pyeongchang will host the Olympics."

I really like Yuna's Tango it suits her perfectly and also very happy she chose this music arrangement, it is one of my favorites.

Yuna is looking and skating quite fabulous!

Thanks to all for the updates.

Custom Title
    Wow, I loved the long program. The parts she showed of the choreography was fantastic. The jumps look great also. That does look like an Olympic program. Who did the choreography? Who is coaching her now?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by flying camel View Post
    Wow, I loved the long program. The parts she showed of the choreography was fantastic. The jumps look great also. That does look like an Olympic program. Who did the choreography? Who is coaching her now?
    I think they are same as the last season- choreographer: David Wilson, coach: Hye-sook Shin, Jong-hyun Ryu

Oh my goodness...just a day ago, the view count on the SP was about 30K, and now it's 420k+.....It's pretty darn amazing how she gets all these views on just a practice video! I can't even imagine how many views she'll get on the actual performance.

Quote Originally Posted by flying camel View Post
    David Wilson is the choreographer (of course), but as far as coaches go it is my belief that she only needs coaches chiefly for objective feedback. She is a finished product and for the most part doesn't really need top-tier coaches anymore. Her coaches now are former Korean coaches from her younger years. I wouldn't be surprised if the reasons she went back to them were chiefly out of fondness and "closing the circle" of her competitive career. I hope DW is in attendance for her at Sochi.

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast