Yuna Kim to Compete at Golden Spin of Zagreb, Croatia, Dec 5-8 | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim to Compete at Golden Spin of Zagreb, Croatia, Dec 5-8

Krislite

Medalist
Over 73 points with a step-out on the 2Axel? Here come the "overscored!" Lynch mob! :p :slink:

She was lovely, though. Speed, flow, and her triples are spectacular. I think she just lost a little focus on that easiest of jumps. The costume color needs a change, I think...

Krislite

Medalist
Her 3/3 and 3Flip looked really soft and went well with the music. Her costume looks better on the video. :)

smoothiw

Rinkside
Over 73 points with a step-out on the 2Axel? Here come the "overscored!" Lynch mob! :p :slink:

She was lovely, though. Speed, flow, and her triples are spectacular. I think she just lost a little focus on that easiest of jumps. The costume color needs a change, I think...

Sometimes I forget that Yuna is a human-being :yes: According to her interview yesterday, she got only one month to prepare for this event after she recovered.

And I found two things.

One is the link must be too small for Yuna :disapp: and, the other is her triple flip routine is slightly changed, IMHO.
Beautiful 3lz-3t, beautiful 3f, and beautiful eagle right into 2a.

cooper

Medalist
i like her sp.. if she can get it together and be 100 percent.. we'll see.. the goal obviously is the olympics..

Ven

Match Penalty
Maybe she should go with a white dress for SP? I think the yellow looks nice on her, though brighter yellow would look more beautiful IMO. In any event white might be better but it conflicts with her gala dress.

I also like the SP music a lot but I think there is something missing with Yuna right now. Maybe something is bothering her or she's tired because stamina isn't there, but something seems to be just "off". Her practice runs don't seem to have same intensity as last year's, and I think she should give the SP more of a sad, nostalgiac vibe. Still great though and 73 even better than anyone at GPF! Good job Yuna!

andyjo24

Medalist
Maybe she should go with a white dress for SP? I think the yellow looks nice on her, though brighter yellow would look more beautiful IMO. In any event white might be better but it conflicts with her gala dress.

I also like the SP music a lot but I think there is something missing with Yuna right now. Maybe something is bothering her or she's tired because stamina isn't there, but something seems to be just "off". Her practice runs don't seem to have same intensity as last year's, and I think she should give the SP more of a sad, nostalgiac vibe. Still great though and 73 even better than anyone at GPF! Good job Yuna!

I agree that something seems a bit "off" but then again, she has time to refine the program. It's like last year, when she had a clean FS at Korean Nationals, but I didn't really feel anything special. But then at Worlds 2 months later, wow... I was so shocked.

Krislite

Medalist
It's likely her injury and time-off training has affected her more than it seemed. However, the stumble on the 2Axel is just a lapse--her being a little "careless" as she admits during a post-SP interview.

tetana

Rinkside
I agree that something seems a bit "off" but then again, she has time to refine the program. It's like last year, when she had a clean FS at Korean Nationals, but I didn't really feel anything special. But then at Worlds 2 months later, wow... I was so shocked.

I totally agree with you. That's why I don't worry anything about Yu-na. She'd always improved her programs artistically. And finally she always gave me great pleasure. I'm just waiting for the moment.:)

bara1968

On the Ice
I was so happy to see Yuna competing again!

For her Sp, I loved, loved the first half. Her skating skill/spin seems to be improved and she was very fast and smooth on the jumps as usual. For the second half, she struggled bit on the landing on 2A (fully rotated) but she put it together after the mistake. It is indeed her first competition after the injury, and she only had one month to prepare for the competition. I would say, it was very successful comeback!

I have a very high expectation on her, and I am 110% satisfied by the choreo and the music cut. I bet in Sochi, if she's on and clean, this program has a potential to be epic. + I do hope that she can participate one more small or big competition before Sochi.

I just want to thank Yuna for the wonderful performance, once again. It's really good to have her back! :)

Ophelia

Record Breaker

Is 2 months really enough time? She's not participating (at this time) in any other competitions prior to the Olympics after Zagreb, so that doesn't work in favor of her. You can argue that she's competed in enough tournaments already throughout her career, but this is the OLYMPICS season, and it's important to 1) test your programs out several times, and 2) get ready psychologically. Nothing preps your nerves as well as actually being in that rink and skating competitively.

Ven

Match Penalty
Yes this is just the season debut and not expected to be perfect. She will be even better later in the season and she was already great today! Still I can't help but worry that her focus and intensity seems to be less than last season (could just be erroneous impression I get from far away)... but I think last year she was out to prove her comeback, and maybe that gave her more fire and focus. Now she seems a little distant. Might just be the injury and lack of stamina, that she might be tired.