Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 390

Thread: Yuna Kim to Compete at Golden Spin of Zagreb, Croatia, Dec 5-8

  1. #196
    Six Point Zero Krislite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Yunaverse
    Posts
    1,548
    It's likely her injury and time-off training has affected her more than it seemed. However, the stumble on the 2Axel is just a lapse--her being a little "careless" as she admits during a post-SP interview.

  2. #197
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by andyjo24 View Post
    I agree that something seems a bit "off" but then again, she has time to refine the program. It's like last year, when she had a clean FS at Korean Nationals, but I didn't really feel anything special. But then at Worlds 2 months later, wow... I was so shocked.
    I totally agree with you. That's why I don't worry anything about Yu-na. She'd always improved her programs artistically. And finally she always gave me great pleasure. I'm just waiting for the moment.

  3. #198
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    134
    I was so happy to see Yuna competing again!

    For her Sp, I loved, loved the first half. Her skating skill/spin seems to be improved and she was very fast and smooth on the jumps as usual. For the second half, she struggled bit on the landing on 2A (fully rotated) but she put it together after the mistake. It is indeed her first competition after the injury, and she only had one month to prepare for the competition. I would say, it was very successful comeback!

    I have a very high expectation on her, and I am 110% satisfied by the choreo and the music cut. I bet in Sochi, if she's on and clean, this program has a potential to be epic. + I do hope that she can participate one more small or big competition before Sochi.

    I just want to thank Yuna for the wonderful performance, once again. It's really good to have her back!

  4. #199
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    646
    I agree that something seems a bit "off" but then again, she has time to refine the program. It's like last year, when she had a clean FS at Korean Nationals, but I didn't really feel anything special. But then at Worlds 2 months later, wow... I was so shocked.
    Is 2 months really enough time? She's not participating (at this time) in any other competitions prior to the Olympics after Zagreb, so that doesn't work in favor of her. You can argue that she's competed in enough tournaments already throughout her career, but this is the OLYMPICS season, and it's important to 1) test your programs out several times, and 2) get ready psychologically. Nothing preps your nerves as well as actually being in that rink and skating competitively.

  5. #200
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,212
    Yes this is just the season debut and not expected to be perfect. She will be even better later in the season and she was already great today! Still I can't help but worry that her focus and intensity seems to be less than last season (could just be erroneous impression I get from far away)... but I think last year she was out to prove her comeback, and maybe that gave her more fire and focus. Now she seems a little distant. Might just be the injury and lack of stamina, that she might be tired.

  6. #201
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    646
    ^But the rest of the season is only a short 2 months...with no competitive polishing...

  7. #202
    Long live the Queen! YunaBliss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by bara1968 View Post
    I was so happy to see Yuna competing again!

    For her Sp, I loved, loved the first half. Her skating skill/spin seems to be improved and she was very fast and smooth on the jumps as usual. For the second half, she struggled bit on the landing on 2A (fully rotated) but she put it together after the mistake. It is indeed her first competition after the injury, and she only had one month to prepare for the competition. I would say, it was very successful comeback!

    I have a very high expectation on her, and I am 110% satisfied by the choreo and the music cut. I bet in Sochi, if she's on and clean, this program has a potential to be epic. + I do hope that she can participate one more small or big competition before Sochi.

    I just want to thank Yuna for the wonderful performance, once again. It's really good to have her back!
    Totally agree^^. I just love love love this program.

    And I have to say, Miki was awesome, given her circumstances.

  8. #203
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    Yes this is just the season debut and not expected to be perfect. She will be even better later in the season and she was already great today! Still I can't help but worry that her focus and intensity seems to be less than last season (could just be erroneous impression I get from far away)... but I think last year she was out to prove her comeback, and maybe that gave her more fire and focus. Now she seems a little distant. Might just be the injury and lack of stamina, that she might be tired.
    She wasn't perfect in her debut last season, either. She fell on footwork, I think. I am not a big Yu Na fan, but I liked this program. I took a guess that she would get a 73 and she did!

  9. #204
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    292
    That was a lovely program. Not in her top form for sure, but still saw a glimpse of quintessential Yuna. The jumps and performance even made the dress look good.

  10. #205
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,253
    Welcome to the forum, lilahozi. Thanks for joining us.

  11. #206
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,212
    I also hope there will be some subtle changes to the choreography and expressions. This SP music has really grown on me, I like it a lot, but I feel like it lends itself to a sadder, nostalgiac interpretation (parting is sweet sorrow)...with bursts of wistfulness.

  12. #207
    In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    592
    Hello, everyone! Long time lurker here making my first post. I was so looking forward to see what YuNa would put out this year after her injury. I loved this program, and I think she just needs a bit more time to grow into it. I do hope she changes that dreadful costume, though. Maybe ombre fade blue would be nice for this?

  13. #208
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,212
    Quote Originally Posted by jenaj View Post
    I am not a big Yu Na fan, but I liked this program. I took a guess that she would get a 73 and she did!
    Good prediction! I am a huge Yuna admirer, but my personality is the type to be worried and critical early in the year and then hopefully blown away by an immortal performance at the end of the season.

  14. #209
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    346
    From Yuna Forum http://yunaforum.com/forum/index.php...ic=4884&st=580

    "Double Axel is the easiest jump but I was up in the air in an untimely manner and my body tilted backwards and missed out on landing motions. I was concentrating but perhaps little bit careless at that very moment. I'll make sure I don't repeat the same mistake tomorrow."

    "Not only the size of the rink but the ice surface was quite different, so I had difficult time getting used to it. I'll have to double check on this tomorrow."

    "I and the designer discussed together the designing process and tried to make a costume that is suitable to the program. But I'll continue to modify if there are any shortcomings."

    Personally I love her new SP, the choreo is beautiful. I hope the changes she'll make to the dress will include also changing the colour. Lime/yellow doesn't suit her as well as other colours. I think it would be good for Yuna to participate in one more international competition before Olympics. It's really a pity that she had to skip the GP.

  15. #210
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,253
    Welcome, desertskates. Another ombre fade blue fan! (Although I was thinking more for her hair color. )

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •