Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: Yuna Kim to Compete at Golden Spin of Zagreb, Croatia, Dec 5-8

Here's a better look / front view

http://i2.media.daumcdn.net/svc/imag...7174509383.jpg

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    Her dresses for this season reminds me of her last season's dresses. It must be that squiggly patterns on the front. The black dress makes Yuna look kinda chunky, and we all know how slim she is =S

Hmm.. it's better than the SP dress, but this is like a toned down version of her Danse Macabre dress... meh. She should just get a different designer and get a new wardrobe. After seeing these subpar designs, I really miss her 2009-2010 costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnstep View Post
    STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!

Neither of Yuna's dresses this season are great. Her FP dress is a poorer version of Carolina's black number last season, or her own Dance Macabre dress. Her SP dress makes her look ill, IMO. What happened??

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wordsworthgirl View Post
    This has been such a thoughtful, eloquent, and lovely thread. and I must say, VEN, you write GORGEOUSLY! Thank you for sharing your very insightful, sensitive, compassionate, and beautiful thoughts and ideas with us!
    Thank you for that kind sentiment, wordsworthgirl. Since I'm an aspiring writer, your words mean a lot to me. Thank you.

Seeing as I'm having a drink tonight and the "Send in the Clowns" music has me emotional, I feel like telling a quick story. Besides my job as a professional poker player, I've been working on a screenplay for the last few years that I can't quite finish or get right. I think of it as my destiny, my life's work, which is a bit over the top for someone 25-30, which is the age I've been while writing it. People have entered and left my life in that time, usually parting with words like "good luck with your writing!" It's my obsession and most people know that.

What does this have to do with Yuna? She has become an inspiration for me, someone I greatly respect and admire. Not just for the immortal performances, but I often think about all the times she must have fallen at practice, or skated alone before anyone knew who she was. I can relate to a lot of her difficulties, if not her success. How it feels to want to quit and give up, for instance, when pursuing something so out of the norm. But then there is her determination and perseverance -- her excellence in the face of extreme pressure. If Yuna can do it, surely I can succeed too! And so I continue on day after day, hoping for the time when my art will be achieved. In the meantime, my livelihood is performance based, it depends on my decision making under pressure. Often times I find myself watching Yuna's famous skates as motivation before work, and I find this experience cathartic.

This morning I clicked on the video for Yuna's new short program, and I must admit I was anxious. Les Mis ... Gershwin ... Danse Macabre ... Bond ... Scheherezade. Could her program match or exceed these? What if it doesn't, could her last program we get possibly be lackluster? I was very worried. Needless to say, I think those worries are gone. Yuna's "Send in the Clowns" will be a masterpiece, possibly her best SP ever, and certainly the most meaningful. I was able to feel an immediate connection to the music and the potential of this program. Now the only thing left is for Yuna to feel it and express it herself. I suspect she would be reluctant to get too emotional for fear that might interfere with her concentration, but I also think this program is one where she must literally become the emotion -- the nostalgia -- the same way she had to become the music notes in Concerto in F.

My intuition tells me that as the final performance nears, nature will take its course and Yuna will succeed like she usually does.

Anyway, /ramblings of a madman. Need to sleep. Looking forward to seeing her LP tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post
    Neither of Yuna's dresses this season are great. Her FP dress is a poorer version of Carolina's black number last season, or her own Dance Macabre dress. Her SP dress makes her look ill, IMO. What happened??
    Yuna's previous designer, Josiane Lamond, is designing Mao's dress, that's what happened.

But, seriously, from the initial looks of it, I love this black one. The see-through details are very intricate and sexy, and I think it will go nicely with her LP.

A Korean designer happened. To be honest, I didn't really like her dresses last season either. I mean they looked nice, but they were certainly not a wow factor. Also, I just noticed that the squiggly lines on the front look very similar to her Les Miserables Dress. Erm isn't that like self-plagiarism (assuming that it was the same designer)? Anyway... she should go back to her old designer that made her 2009-2010 dresses.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Peach View Post
    Anyway... she should go back to her old designer that made her 2009-2010 dresses.

Well, you don't wanna go there. Unless you wish to bring up the ol' fun stories surrounding Yuna, Orser, Mao (and Yuzuru) back in the Toronto club in post-Oly 2010.

Strange enough, at least to me, I think Josiane Lamond's dresses fitted Yuna the most.

Well, there's no reason Mao and Yuna can't have the same designer, is there? It's not like Josiane Lamond doesn't do outfits for other skaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    I also think this program is one where she must literally become the emotion -- the nostalgia -- the same way she had to become the music notes in Concerto in F.

Custom Title
    Well, there's no reason Mao and Yuna can't have the same designer, is there? It's not like Josiane Lamond doesn't do outfits for other skaters.
    Not after all the exchanges Y and O made and O having influences over the people in the club. Too muddy that story is.

Anyway, enough about that topic.

I think the Korean designer is just fine. Her last year's dresses were well received. This year... still not sure about the SP color but her LP costume is fantastic.

Custom Title
    Am I being too imaginative but listening to Send in the Clowns reminds me of the history of a pair of skaters named Yuna & Mao? Adios though, is clear enough...

The drama surrounding the two made for tantalizing gossip and unbridled nationalism, but I wish the two had a more uneventful rivalry and skated without all the baggage.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by YunaBliss View Post
    the picture of the day: http://i.imgur.com/QRFbwNP.png
    I hope they turned off the flashes, lol.

Ugh, another boring black dress.

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast