Yuna Kim to Compete at Golden Spin of Zagreb, Croatia, Dec 5-8 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim to Compete at Golden Spin of Zagreb, Croatia, Dec 5-8

thinspread

On the Ice
Will this competition be shown on Ice Network or available to watch any other way in the US?

The ladies event will be broadcast live by MBC (Korean network). You might find live stream vedio (not sure). Anyway, it will be uploaded on Youtube quickly by the fans.

She said at the interview today:

As her season debut is delayed, she wants to deliver good performances at Golden Spin;

Conditioning wise, she is at 80-90% of where she wants to be eventually;

For now, she wants to focus on the Zagreb event and will try best to leave good impressions for the new programs;

She feels less pressure for this Oly season, compared to Vancouver.

Many photos from today's interview

New studio photo for Romanson :)

YunaBliss

On the Ice
Can't wait for this. This weekend is by far going to be the most exciting sporting event week of the year for me!!

gourry

Final Flight
Thanks for the photos and info!
I really can't wait to see her programs. Just couple more days!
Yuna looks absolutely beautiful and healthy. She is glowing!
It may sound a bit weird, but whenever I see her close up photos, I get amazed how healthy she looks. Her very black and white eyes and full, sleek hair especially. My eyes have same color combination as hers, but mine look just... tired. :(

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
What's the point of trying to upstage the GPF. I doubt any of the girls who made it to the GPF did anything to hurt her, or said anything against her.

I don't think she'll "upstage" it in the sense of detract from the grandeur of the GPF. However, if her scores and performances beat all of the other girls - which it stands a real chance at doing if she's 80-90% as she says - it will be worth noting. The NRW Trophy last year was a preview of Yu Na's ultimate peaking at Worlds. With her main competition coming from Ando, she won't really have to worry about pressure to win and can just do her thing. If anything, by not being in the GPF she removes herself from the pressure (especially with Asada having home ice advantage)... but is still "competing" against the GPF contestants (one assumes if she hadn't been injured she herself would have made the GPF). Yes, it's different judges, but I'm sure the performance will speak for itself.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Yuna needs to do 4CC in January to get tuned up for the Olympics. The competition will be tougher and she would have plenty of time to get ready for Sochi but the Olympics will be close enough so she is can be hitting her peak.

RABID

Final Flight
Can't wait for this. This weekend is by far going to be the most exciting sporting event week of the year for me!!

You and me both! I'm excited and nervous to see her programs, finally. C'mon YuNa!

RABID

Final Flight
I think Yuna needs to do 4CC in January to get tuned up for the Olympics. The competition will be tougher and she would have plenty of time to get ready for Sochi but the Olympics will be close enough so she is can be hitting her peak.

From your mouth to her ears. :agree:

thinspread

On the Ice
More of her words from yesterday's interview:

"It's a delayed season start for me, so I tried hard to prepare well for this event. My goal is to give good, complete performances to the new program routines and leave positive impression. I try not to be too ambitious.

"I'm at 80-90% of the peak, conditioning-wise. Technically, I'm not having any trouble. But I will need to build more stamina before the Olympics. Since I had to raise my condition rather quickly for this event, for now I'm trying to maintain the current level through the week.

"This is my last competitive season, and I feel lighthearted compared to 4 years ago. I'm not obsessed over another gold.

"Mao Asada and I have exchanged motivation throughout the career. I wouldn't have become the skater I am without her. This may be the last season for her as well, and I wish she too do the best and finish the season on a satisfying note.

"I entered Golden Bear when I was a novice. It does feel special to revisit the event as a retiring veteran (laugh).

"I expect a good competition with Ando and Tuktamysheva in the event.

"Soyeon Park and Haejin Kim are young skaters, and Olympic experience will be helpful. I wish they do well, but I advise them not to be overly ambitious, do their best, and enjoy the moment."

Gigi13

On the Ice
Oh my gosh I'm so excited to see her new programs!!! let's go Yuna :yay: Wow two amazing events in one weekend, this is going to be the craziest weekend yet :eek:

We're practically there! This is going to be one nailbiting weekend. I'm counting on GS members to keep us all posted.

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
Who's been sippin' :laugh:haterade again? There are so many dislikes on that video!

Yuna's competing the same weekend as the GPF - naturally Golden Spin is going to be watched just as closely as that Final! And it's not Yuna's fault if the media pays even more attention to this competition and if it happens to upstage the GPF so be it!

Photos of Yuna looking gorgeous at the airport: http://yunaforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4884&pid=120917&st=180&#entry120917

She says she's at 80-90% of her peak condition at this point.

Thank you! She looks very much the Superstar that she is! :cool:

More of her words from yesterday's interview:

"It's a delayed season start for me, so I tried hard to prepare well for this event. My goal is to give good, complete performances to the new program routines and leave positive impression. I try not to be too ambitious.

"I'm at 80-90% of the peak, conditioning-wise. Technically, I'm not having any trouble. But I will need to build more stamina before the Olympics. Since I had to raise my condition rather quickly for this event, for now I'm trying to maintain the current level through the week.

"This is my last competitive season, and I feel lighthearted compared to 4 years ago. I'm not obsessed over another gold.

"Mao Asada and I have exchanged motivation throughout the career. I wouldn't have become the skater I am without her. This may be the last season for her as well, and I wish she too do the best and finish the season on a satisfying note.

"I entered Golden Bear when I was a novice. It does feel special to revisit the event as a retiring veteran (laugh).

"I expect a good competition with Ando and Tuktamysheva in the event.

"Soyeon Park and Haejin Kim are young skaters, and Olympic experience will be helpful. I wish they do well, but I advise them not to be overly ambitious, do their best, and enjoy the moment."

What a classy comment about Mao. And what she says is very true - great athletes often help to raise the level of other great athletes.

I have to work over the weekend but I look forward to PBPs and thank everyone in advance who provide them! :)