Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuna Kim to Compete at Golden Spin of Zagreb, Croatia, Dec 5-8

She skipped some choreography in the middle so we can't really tell much about "transitions" yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    She skipped some choreography in the middle so we can't really tell much about "transitions" yet.
    I understand. But I remember in last year she didn't have too many transitions, I loved it ..

Custom Title
    She's stunning!!
    Each stroke looks deeper and longer, and her jumps look almost delayed?
    Spins look better too.

She looks amazing and I love this program it's so much better than last years, the music was so beautiful, and spins were so good. Solid and beautiful.

Custom Title
    Huh.. and this is what she is like when she is physically 80-90%... I am just so happy to see her programs, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    Yuna's competing the same weekend as the GPF - naturally Golden Spin is going to be watched just as closely as that Final! And it's not Yuna's fault if the media pays even more attention to this competition and if it happens to upstage the GPF so be it!
    That would make sense ... but it's a Rudy Galindo video and not a Yuna Kim video.

So it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post

What a classy comment about Mao. And what she says is very true - great athletes often help to raise the level of other great athletes.

I have to work over the weekend but I look forward to PBPs and thank everyone in advance who provide them!
    Mao and Yuna have always been classy. The fans are a completely different story, depending.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnstep View Post
    Not really feeling it so far, but it's only a practice video. Going to reserve real judgment until the actual program--but it is a DW-YK partnership so I suppose I'll like it all the same. Soaring jumps at 80-90% though. WHOA.

Do we know if Yuna will be skating at Nationals, btw?

Custom Title
    I absolutely love Yu-Na's SP. How Kwanesque that final pose is! Reminds me of Anga Lyrica! Jumps are great, spins look better than last year and her speed across the ice is just blinding.

Has anyone noticed the view count for her run through? it's hitting 30K soon, and it was uploaded today....

Custom Title
    So happy to see a lyrical sp from Yuna Looking forward to seeing her full choreography and her new outfit for this program

Custom Title
    ^ Me too! I also really like this arrangement. My question is will she go the "clown route" (something that in my mind ONLY worked on Rudy) or will she head in a direction more in line with the actual context and meaning of the music.

I guess if she REALLY did that, we'd get a dress reflective of early 1900 Sweden - but I'll just settle for anything beautiful.

On the Ice
    This arrangement is beautiful; it's already making me feel nostalgic and it's not even the end of the season. More than anything, I'm so glad Yuna decided to make this comeback on what appear to be her own terms. As a Yuna fan, the 2011 WC was a bitter experience for me because it was so obvious how unhappy she was competing and that she really shouldn't have been there. If she had decided after that awful experience never to skate competitively again, I would have completely understood. This SP though feels like a true goodbye and I'm glad that we'll have this last opportunity to see her compete wholeheartedly.

Much better fan cam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUCYRBYWuzE

You can see she was really close to the boards on her 3/3. It seems like a small rink.

On the Ice
    I love them both.

[Mao and Yuna have always been classy. The fans are a completely different story, depending.]

Custom Title
    I think YNK is an amazing skater with very admirable skills! However, I find the layout of her programs rather predictable. I am not sure if most elite skaters keep the same program layout every season, but she seems to have the same transitions in most of her programs, i.e. ina bauer going into a 2A.

Edit: I am not a figure skating expert by any means, but more than a casual viewer. This is intended to be a friendly question, because while other skaters might have the same strategy, I've only noticed YNK doing it.

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast