Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mao88, when you post the videos, can you post them without the results?

Banned
    Jezus Christ, it was merely a suggestion, not a demand, nor was it a criticism of Mao88's charitable work.

Custard Title
    Quote Originally Posted by AllYouDoIsTalk View Post
    Jezus Christ, it was merely a suggestion, not a demand, nor was it a criticism of Mao88's charitable work.
    A simple "please" for your request or a "thank you" as acknowledgment of Mao88's work would have gone a long way. Otherwise people might misconstrue your post.

Custom Title
    Really, I have DSL, which is pretty much one step above dial up (fixed incomes are fun!), and i wind up watching Mao's videos and sending her mental thank you after thank you. I remember being a kid and maybe Wide World of Sports would show Worlds on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. And even then you got to see maybe 2 or 3 of the men and 2 or 3 of the women. Maybe. Having someone like Mao post all the videos from EVERY major competition is a LUXURY, and one I am very grateful for.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CarneAsada View Post
    A simple "please" for your request or a "thank you" as acknowledgment of Mao88's work would have gone a long way.
    Oh, of course. As if a mere "Love ya," or its implication wasn't enough for a paragon of Etiquette, one must lay out credos and statements of intention for the hounds of Ostensible Gratitude (of course, not one of whom was Mao88 herself)! How could I be so remiss. Thank you for reminding me: Thank you, Arigato, Por Favor, Mucho mucho, etc etc., if only for the hounds of Ostensible Gratitude to perceive in them my effort to arrive at a standard of (Illustrious) Obligation. Forgive me(?).

Custard Title
    Oh, of course. As if a mere "Love ya," or its implication wasn't enough for a paragon of Etiquette, one must lay out credos and statements of intention for the hounds of Ostensible Gratitude! How could I be so remiss. Thank you for reminding me: Thank you, Arigato, Por Favor, Mucho mucho, etc etc., if only for the hounds of Ostensible Gratitude to perceive in them my effort to arrive at a standard of (Illustrious) Obligation. Forgive me(?).
    You haven't done anything to offend me, and I haven't done you any services. Maybe you could take that up with Mao88.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CarneAsada View Post
    You haven't done anything to offend me, and I haven't done you any services. Maybe you could take that up with Mao88.
    Oh don't worry about it, I was only asking forgiveness (albeit with cheek) and not total absolution-- reflective of one that doesn't take advertising-inflected politeness as some holy grail of communication, insofar that you cannot hear that standpoint without simple re-statements of the prerogatives of my initial post (my perceived gripe). You are a tired bunch, I get it, with all this back-n-forth you have to endure on a daily basis-- I mean, it's awful cute, but please please understand.

Oh don't worry about it, I was only asking forgiveness (albeit with cheek) and not total absolution-- reflective of one that doesn't take advertising-inflected politeness as some holy grail of communication, insofar that you cannot hear that standpoint without simple re-statements of the prerogatives of my initial post (my perceived gripe). You are a tired bunch, I get it, with all this back-n-forth you have to endure on a daily basis-- I mean, it's awful cute, but please please understand.
    I think your post rubbed some people wrong, and I understand you didn't mean it that way, but you're not helping your case now. You're new while the rest of us are tired, as you say, so you may not know that this request is made of Mao88 in almost every single thread she posts. She has never changed how she posts the results. I imagine the reason is, she doesn't want to. Now please note that I was one of the people who agree with you in that my preference would be for skate order too. But your posts come off as very unappreciative of what Mao88 IS doing for everyone. I am sure that is not your intention, but as I said first, these recent posts are not helping to correct that impression.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    If you don't mind waiting till a while after Mao88 finishes her thread, and if Mao88 doesn't mind me plagiarizing it, I could put up a second thread, that is an edited version of Mao88's thread, labelled Videos Unspoiled, without results & listed by start number?
    I have hesitated to do this because Mao88 does a huge amount of work to compile her lists (for which I am truly thankful), and I don't want to be taking credit for her work.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 11-07-2013 at 06:56 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    Really, I have DSL, which is pretty much one step above dial up (fixed incomes are fun!), and i wind up watching Mao's videos and sending her mental thank you after thank you. I remember being a kid and maybe Wide World of Sports would show Worlds on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. And even then you got to see maybe 2 or 3 of the men and 2 or 3 of the women. Maybe. Having someone like Mao post all the videos from EVERY major competition is a LUXURY, and one I am very grateful for.

Agree! And if I did not want to know who came in what, I would not even come here! Mao, as I've said before, you ROCK!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    If you don't mind waiting till a while after Mao88 finishes her thread, and if Mao88 doesn't mind me plagiarizing it, I could put up a second thread, that is an edited version of Mao88's thread, labelled Videos Unspoiled, without results & listed by start number?
    I have hesitated to do this because Mao88 does a huge amount of work to compile her lists (for which I am truly thankful), and I don't want to be taking credit for her work.
    Yes, it would very much appreciated.

Rinkside
    Another "thank you" Mao88. Your videos and hard work are greatly appreciated.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    What I shall do, by way of compromise, is present them in start order with a link to the ISU results page at the bottom for those who also want the result as well.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Thank you!

Custom Title
    Mao88, you are so nice! Thank you a lot!

Custom Title
    BTW, I like the way it used to be, save some trouble and time to find the results. But I can deal with it now, too. Mao88, just do it in the way best for you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast