Getting in a Christmas Mood with Brian, Ryan, Ilia and many others | Golden Skate

Getting in a Christmas Mood with Brian, Ryan, Ilia and many others

Brandenburg

Rinkside
Anyone in or near Jacksonville, FL can kick off Christmas this coming Saturday night (7 pm, Veterans Arena) with not only Brian Boitano, Ilia Kulik, Todd Eldredge, Kimmie Meissner, Leonova & Kvalko, Michael Weiss, Alissa Czisny, Ryan Bradley, but also Martina McBride AND Mannheim Steamroller. It should be a lot of fun. Steve Disson told me yesterday that there are still a few good seats to be had. If you have friends in the area, please let them know. Tix at http://www.jaxevents.com/?event=pand...artina-mcbride

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
the shows seem to do well ticket sales wise... at least it gives us something to watch on TV around the holidays...

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am kind of surprised what a weak group of skaters. Not to be mean but with so few shows could they not get Cohen, kerrigan, Baiul or Browning or Stoijko, Belbin and Agosto, Sale and Pelletier or B and S. No wonder ice shows are dying. You think it would be a skating shows world with their pick.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Kurt's in several Disson shows every year. as are Cohen and Kerrigan.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think it's a pretty strong cast, & would attend if we lived anywhere near there. We happen to like Mannheim Steamroller, too.

noskates

Record Breaker
more Mannheim steamroller. meh.

My sentiments exactly. All their music sounds the same. But SkaterBoy - are some of those people you mentioned even skating anymore? Belbin and Agosto? Sale and Pelletier? Didn't Jamie have a baby not too long ago? And I think Tanith is pretty busy being a commentator. Baiul? Really?

I think the line up is pretty standard fare for these days actually, But Leonova and Kvalko are getting a bit long in the tooth and I think they do the same program every year.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
B&A don't skate regularly, he's on the West Coast, she's in the midwest. I do think they show up occasionally and skate a Disson show or two. Jamie and David haven't skated together in a while. Jamie is currently judging on Battle of the Blades.