Alexander Johnson: "I decided ... to sit this season out" | Golden Skate

Alexander Johnson: "I decided ... to sit this season out"

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Alexander Johnson: "I decided it would be best to sit this season out"

Excerpt from his journal:
Clearly, this has been one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make, but it's for the best. My ankle has been a problem since 2010 and I really wanted to rid this issue from my life. Now that this is all in the past, I can really focus my energy on recovering and becoming an even stronger skater for the 2014-2015 season.
http://www.figureskatersonline.com/alexanderjohnson/journal.html#11022013

Although for some reason, the entry is dated Nov 2, his tweeting indicates that it is a new post as of today.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
That is sad news, but I think he's doing the right thing in the long-term. If the injuries are as bad as he wrote, he would have likely not been in the mix for one of the two Olympic spots. He is better off starting anew next season (and for the next quad).

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Good luck to him. Hope he can make it through. I had a similar injury on that jump, no fun.

Matilda

Medalist
Very sad news :(

Alex is a lovely skater. I saw his Eleanor Rigby program in Nationals last year, and it was the highlight of men's FS for me. I hope he recovers fully and comes back next year stronger than ever.

louisa05

Final Flight
Very sad news :(

Alex is a lovely skater. I saw his Eleanor Rigby program in Nationals last year, and it was the highlight of men's FS for me. I hope he recovers fully and comes back next year stronger than ever.

His and Wesley Campbell's "Ave Maria" were my two favorite free skates.

I hope sitting out and resting his body works and he is able to come back strong next year.

Matilda

Medalist
His and Wesley Campbell's "Ave Maria" were my two favorite free skates.

I hope sitting out and resting his body works and he is able to come back strong next year.

Wesley's "Ave Maria" was wonderful--and such an emotional moment! I'm so glad he was able to retire on such a high note!

skatesindreams

Rinkside
That is sad news, but I think he's doing the right thing in the long-term. If the injuries are as bad as he wrote, he would have likely not been in the mix for one of the two Olympic spots. He is better off starting anew next season (and for the next quad).

Wishing him the best; and a complete recovery!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Sorry to hear abourt Alex's serious injury. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wishing Alex a full recovery. May he come back even stronger next season!