Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Olympic moments you will not forget

Hybrid View

Olympic moments you will not forget

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Pw9XZAA72lw

I dedicate this to Sochi, and your skating dreams, as well as those like me with weak ankles. To inspire us and above all move up upward. Enjoy.

Share yours, there are great skaters in your heart.

Banned
    How old were you when Kennedy died??

Torvill and Dean's OGM. There was, of course, no YouTube back then so that in itself (that you were likely not to be able to ever see it if you missed the performance) made the experience even more profound.
    I have to say that when I saw their performance on YouTube years later, it was not as special as I remembered it! By the time I saw it on YouTube, I had been spoilt by more technically challenging programs.
    I must admit I remember seeing Grishuk and Platov's Jailhouse Rock and just being blown away by their technical superiority. I wasn't regularly watching figure skating then, but Jailhouse Rock is something that sticks in my memory.
    Still, Torvill and Dean's program was the first figure skating program that I saw that I believe deserved to be called an artistic performance, through and through.

Custom Title
    Dorothy Hamill, Katerina 88; Tara 98; Sarah 2002; Brian Boitano 88, Midori Ito 88, Brian Orser 88; Gordieva/ Grinkov 88 SP & LP (For me, the best pair performances of all time)

Virtue and Moir 2010 FD. I actually had my eyes closed during some of it, afraid to watch since I was worried that one of them would fall. I even felt sick with nerves for some of it!

Tripping on the Podium
    midori ito's second triple Axel at 3:10 in her free skate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=polwvMNVgFU#t=212

Sometimes bad skating happens to good people... LiamForeman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Lee View Post
    Dorothy Hamill, Katerina 88; Tara 98; Sarah 2002; Brian Boitano 88, Midori Ito 88, Brian Orser 88; Gordieva/ Grinkov 88 SP & LP (For me, the best pair performances of all time)
    Yep, Eddie. Gordeeva and Grinkov in 88 were perfection, and she was gorgeous with that megawatt smile.

http://youtu.be/0B0tSnQKzwo

I know the pair was all about Katya, but Sergei was a gorgeous skater himself. So rock solid. Try watching just him, so smooth, and strong. A hunk of gorgeous Russian hair, face, bootay, and I'm not sure what undergarments he may or may not have been wearing, but I'd get out the rulebook to see if he deserved a costume deduction. Just perfect.

Yuna's win at Vancouver 2010, of course. For delivering two perfect performances at the most important competition in her athletic career.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamForeman View Post
    Yep, Eddie. Gordeeva and Grinkov in 88 were perfection, and she was gorgeous with that megawatt smile.

I know the pair was all about Katya, but Sergei was a gorgeous skater himself. So rock solid. Try watching just him, so smooth, and strong. A hunk of gorgeous Russian hair, face, azz, and I'm not sure what undergarments he may or may not have been wearing, but I'd get out the rulebook to see if he deserved a costume deduction. Just perfect.
    I am not sure what you are getting at sometimes but I have a feeling we should take a shower or close our eyes.

Sometimes bad skating happens to good people... LiamForeman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamForeman View Post

I know the pair was all about Katya, but Sergei was a gorgeous skater himself. So rock solid. Try watching just him, so smooth, and strong. A hunk of gorgeous Russian hair, face, bootay, and I'm not sure what undergarments he may or may not have been wearing, but I'd get out the rulebook to see if he deserved a costume deduction. Just perfect.
    I humbly apologize to those who were offended by my use of the word 'azz' and reported me. So I changed it to bootay. I wasn't trying to get around 'censors', that's usually how I've spelled it the last 20 years. Keep trying. Or maybe bootay is also too risqué and seeming to go around censors????

Quote Originally Posted by AllYouDoIsTalk View Post
    How old were you when Kennedy died??
    I was eight and it barely registered for me. Now, the Cuban missile crisis, THAT was very memorable even to a young child trying to gleem what the heck everyone was nervous about.

Custom Title
    My all time favorite Olympic figure skating moment was Evan Lysacek winning the OGM in 2010.

Custom Title
    - Torvill & Dean 1984
    - Battle of the Carmens 1988
    G&G 1988
    - Baiul 1994
    G&G 1994
    - G&P 1998
    - Yagudin 2002
    - Yu-Na Kim 2010
    - Virtue/Moir 2010

I'll never forget these moments.

Midori Ito's 1988 Olympic FS.
    Possibly the most outstanding ladies performance to not even podium, let alone win.

Custom Title
    Yuna Kim 2010!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast