Men's Short Program: 2013 NHK Trophy | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Men's Short Program: 2013 NHK Trophy

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So with all the American men done....Jason Brown still has the highest SP score with Adam right behind him so for in the GP series.

I don't understand Abbott's choreography. Judges loved it though. 8s even with that mistake.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Second group!!! Looking forward to seing Voronov, Oda, Takahashi, Fernandez, Mura...Okay that's everyone, ha.

Moment

Final Flight
I love the replays. I hope they show the same angle from every skater's URed jumps.

wallylutz

Medalist
Does anyone know why Hanyu wasn't invited to this year's NHK Trophy given that he is the current Japanese Champion and placed the highest among all Japanese in the most recent World Championship? I am sure Hanyu would love to be here, it seems curious that JSF chose Takahashi to headline this event instead of Hanyu.

sweetskates1

Medalist
Adam is sill number 1 this season for me because of quads in his arsenal... he will land 4l tomorrow.

So with all the American men done....Jason Brown still has the highest SP score with Adam right behind him so for in the GP series.

I love the replays. I hope they show the same angle from every skater's URed jumps.

I think that some of those slo-moed replays might be the judges/technical panel camera as it looks different from everything else. I love it when they show it slowed down and then freeze for a second when the edge touches the ice. *nerdgasm*

Does anyone know why Hanyu wasn't invited to this year's NHK Trophy given that he is the current Japanese Champion and placed the highest among all Japanese in the most recent World Championship? I am sure Hanyu would love to be here, it seems curious that JSF chose Takahashi to headline this event instead of Hanyu.

Having both there would reduce their chances of making GPF.

Takahashi is more popular.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Adam is sill number 1 this season for me because of quads in his arsenal... he will land 4l tomorrow.

I like Adam a lot this season and I think he has some great programs. But he hasn't landed a single quad clean this season, so for me he doesn't quite have the quad in his arsenal.

sweetskates1

Medalist
This understated sp is my least favorite from him. I am hoping for much more artistry in both of his current programs and less falls.

I don't understand Abbott's choreography. Judges loved it though. 8s even with that mistake.

sweetskates1

Medalist
Positive thinking keeps me going Mrs. P if I keep saying he has the quads he will land the quads! :yay:

I like Adam a lot this season and I think he has some great programs. But he hasn't landed a single quad clean this season, so for me he doesn't quite have the quad in his arsenal.

This understated sp is my least favorite from him. I am hoping for much more artistry in both of his current programs and less falls.

I think his FS is understated but it's beautiful and it captures the mood of the music brilliantly and I see the purpose of his movements. The SP, I just don't get at all. I see he is moving but I don't get what it's supposed to portray and how it relates to the music and I don't understand what the concept is.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Sergei VORONOV (RUS)

Music: Two Guitars

Black pants. White jacket with black lapels and details. Black gloves

4T+2T - bit wonky on 4T
3Lo
FCSp
3A - solid
CCoSp
StSq
CSSp

Smaller mistake on the combo, but he seems pleased. Nice to see him skate a non-tacky program in a non-tacky costume.

SP: 42.62+37.17 = 79.80, 2nd out of 5

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Positive thinking keeps me going Mrs. P if I keep saying he has the quads he will land the quads! :yay:

Nothing wrong with that! Just stating the facts though. As of right now, he has not landed a single quad cleanly. If he does so tomorrow, great for him!