Men's Short Program: 2013 NHK Trophy | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Men's Short Program: 2013 NHK Trophy

Thanks for the stream links! I just wish I understood Russian, lol.

You're much better off not understanding what commentators are spewing most of the time. ;P

I understand only a little bit but that Sport 2 guy seems well-meaning but not the brightest bulb, by any means. ;P

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Adam RIPPON (USA)

Music: Suite from Carmen for Strings and Drums by Georges Bizet and Rodion Shchedrin

4T - hand down, borderline <
FSSp
CCSp
3A - solid
3F+3T - also clean
StSq - stumble at end
CCoSp

Some smaller mistakes

SP: 44.40+37.85=82.25 (PB)

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Adam RIPPON (USA)

Music: Suite from Carmen for Strings and Drums by Georges Bizet and Rodion Shchedrin

4T - hand down
FSSp
CCSp
3A - solid
3F+3T - also clean
StSq - stumble at end
CCoSp

Some smaller mistakes

The stumble in the step sequence was so strange! His jumps other than the quad looked fabulous! and what a gorgeous skater he is.

4toe looked cheated less than 1/4. I don't remember seeing any preceding steps though.

He skated well but choreography was lackluster. Those two spins one after the other at the start screamed 'I WANT BONUS POINTS.'

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Hmm interesting, he can probably score 85+ with this program clean. Probably even a few points higher than that.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
4toe looked cheated less than 1/4. I don't remember seeing any preceding steps though.

He skated well but choreography was lackluster. Those two spins one after the other at the start screamed 'I WANT BONUS POINTS.'

I believe it is called Working The System.

Whatever else you can say, the move to Raphael has done wonders for his confidence.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Konstantin MENSHOV (RUS)

Music: Coultergeist by Phil Coulter

Black pants. White draped whirt w/ "creation of Adam" hand details and see-through fabric. Matching gloves

3A
4T+3T - landing on toe pick, standstill
3Lz - fall right to the music, big aw from audience
FCSp - slow
StSq
CSSp
CCoSp

SP: 39.65+34.92-1.00=73.57, 2nd out of 2

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Obviously, he didn't plan for this, but sort of amused that he fell to the beat of his music. Sort of like Carolina's fall at the end of her Bolero program at Worlds last year.

hurrah

Medalist
Menshov must have the best height in jumps in the business. And he's 30 years old!

sweetskates1

Medalist
Great music choice; very unique!

Konstantin MENSHOV (RUS)

Music: Coultergeist by Phil Coulter

Black pants. White draped whirt w/ "creation of Adam" hand details and see-through fabric. Matching gloves

3A
4T+3T - landing on toe pick, standstill
3Lz - fall right to the music, big aw from audience
FCSp - slow
StSq
CCSp
CCoSp

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
What a delight watching this, with such an enthousiastic audience. Such a difference compared to last week's CoC (though to be fair, the quality of the skating already seems a lot higher, so there is more to be enthousiastic about!). Also, yay for the Japanese knowing how to properly put figure skating on film.

Unfortunately they seem to think it's necessary to show that distracting technical score counter in the upper left corner of the screen. :-(