Final Flight
Country
Japan
:thumbsup: Takahashi, Oda and Rippon
:disagree::disagree::disagree: Oda's score

I would've had Takahashi, Oda, Rippon then Fernandez

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
This was by far the best skated men's short of the 4 Grand Prix events so far this year.
Is Adam in 4th now? and Jeremy in 6th?

Takahashi skated well but not *that* well, IMO. Stunning program though. I want the protocols NAU!

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I think they missed the downgrade on the quad? Or did I just see it incorrectly... It looked underrotated.

Well, good for him because he really needs to win this to get to GPF.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
1.) Javier Fernandez
2.) Nobunari Oda
3.) Daisuke Takahashi
4.) Max Aaron
5.) Adam Rippon

those are my predictions.

Max Aaron is going to cost me dearly if he doesn't have one of his famous FS comebacks. Otherwise, my podium skaters is correct (though places are wrong) and Adam is close.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
YES!!!!!! So happy for Daisuke, yes, yes, yes! Can he go to the final if he wins NHK?

flaneur

On the Ice
Amazing skate from Daisuke (I really hope he makes the Oly team), but I think he was a bit gifted while Oda was a bit robbed. I'd have him over Nobunari, but not by that much.

agreed. not taking anything away from Takahashi but his score seems a bit high in comparison to Oda's score. shrug. maybe i'm missing something.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Hm Oda, got < and - GOE on a quad that's was neither and Takahashi got +GOE on a quad that was <. Bleh.

And how was Javier's 4S not < ?!

ETA: I love, love Daisuke's program dearly, but I question 50+ TES. I feel they were a bit generous with the GOE, mainly with the quad. The 3A was also OK, again a bit high on + GOE.

Still I'm more than fine with Daisuke being first. Would have switched Javier and Nobunari.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Hm Oda, got < and - GOE on a quad that's was neither and Takahashi got +GOE on a quad that was <. Bleh.

And how was Javier's 4S not < ?!

Totally agreed on Javier! He was so overscored. his 4S was definitely under and it was also tilted and shaky!