Men's Short Program: 2013 NHK Trophy | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Men's Short Program: 2013 NHK Trophy

Oda to the rescue!

Light, bouncy movement in character of the music.

I still wish he'd sell his programs a bit better - more attack and movements held longer - but this was the best he has skated in a long time. Well done. :)

caitie

Medalist
Yeah, they were tough on him. I thought they were supposed to inflate your scores when you skate at home on the GP circuit, lol.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Takahito MURA (JPN)

Music: Minnie the Moocher by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
Jumpin' Jack by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

4T+3T - almost hand down on 4T, stepout
3A - nice
CCoSp
3Lz - hand down
CCSp
StSq
FSSp

Two smaller mistakes

SP: 42.23+37.74=79.97 (SB), 3rd out of 7

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yeah, they were tough on him. I thought they were supposed to inflate your scores when you skate at home on the GP circuit, lol.

The federation does not have a love affair with Oda. I wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to give room for Takahashi. Although I really hope that isn't the case.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Yes he's first...didn't look carefully the first time...Still the fact that he's virtually tied with Adam is a bit suspect.

To me, it's not in that Adam is a far superior skater in terms of line, edging, musicality, and flair. I love Oda, but he's adorable rather than gorgeous or majestic or thrilling.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Those were some SERIOUS downgrades. Over 6 points? I thought that that was a bit too much deduction and his presentation should have been better... I think Oda should have had like.... 2 or so more points, oh well.