Men's Short Program: 2013 NHK Trophy | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Men's Short Program: 2013 NHK Trophy

samson

Medalist
OOF. I thought the event started tomorrow!!! Oh well. Glad I'm catching stuff now!

Nice, not stellar, skate for Takahito. Seeing that skate makes me really want to see Adam and Nobu. They must have been very strong!

Now I'm excited to see Javier. Wow... I'm really realizing how deep the field for NHK is!

ILoveFigures

On the Ice
I have a feeling that they gave him 0 points for his CCoSp because he changed foot two times, and you are only allowed to change foot once

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
To me, it's not in that Adam is a far superior skater in terms of line, edging, musicality, and flair. I love Oda, but he's adorable rather than gorgeous or majestic or thrilling.

That's true, but, Oda should have had a sizeable lead in TES.

I have a feeling that they gave him 0 points for his CCoSp because he changed foot two times, and you are only allowed to change foot once

But OH. That makes a lot more sense.....Okay. Well that's a shame! Oda's math problems continue...if that's the case.

sweetskates1

Medalist
I love Oda and he gets crap scores from intl and ntl judges... Dai I love much more and he usually only gets crap scores when competing against

The federation does not have a love affair with Oda. I wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to give room for Takahashi. Although I really hope that isn't the case.

Mura is the male Zhang Kexin. Or is Zhang Kexin the female Mura? MAYBE THEY ARE TWINS SEPARATED AT BIRTH.

caitie

Medalist
I know there were some jumping errors but that was a very good skate IMO, and I dug the program.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
This SP from Javier is fun...but I can't help but ask why he's doing two very similar-styled programs? His FS is sort of fun and swingy too...

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Javier FERNANDEZ (ESP)

Music: Satan Takes a Holiday

Striped pants. Black and houndstooth shirt w/ red and yellow details

4S - stepout, hands down
3A - solid
FUSp
3Lz+3T
CSSp
StSq
CCop

Big mistake on the quad, be the rest was solid. I think it's enough for the lead, now that Oda got hosed

SP: 43.86+40.92=84.78, 1st out of 8

Becki

Medalist
I've never been on the Fernandez bandwagon....I still think his skating is not that refined. But can't deny he's a pretty good jumper.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
This SP from Javier is fun...but I can't help but ask why he's doing two very similar-styled programs? His FS is sort of fun and swingy too...

I agree. odd choice. and although the choreography is fun, I thought he seemed labored and slow tonight.

sweetskates1

Medalist
Javier is extremely fit - his ripped muscles.. :love:

:eek:: I really like his new program and think it looks quite difficult with great artistic potential..

chloepoco

Medalist
The federation does not have a love affair with Oda. I wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to give room for Takahashi. Although I really hope that isn't the case.

This is what I don't understand--the federation is not the one judging. So when you say "they" are trying to give room for Takahashi, are you saying the federation is influencing (bribing, whatever you want to call it) the judges?

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Don't know what to think about Javiers SP by now...

And what a stupid score for Oda. Should have been about 5 points higher. He should still be first! :bang:

samson

Medalist
Hmmmm that concept and costume for Javi are sort of lost on me right now. But maybe it will grow on me in time.

Ok. Go Dai!