Men's Short Program: 2013 NHK Trophy | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Men's Short Program: 2013 NHK Trophy

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Takahashi always skates well in Japan. How nice for him to stay in contention for Olympic gold medal with that performance. :)

inskate

On the Ice
Amazing skate from Daisuke (I really hope he makes the Oly team), but I think he was a bit gifted while Oda was a bit robbed. I'd have him over Nobunari, but not by that much.

Oh they ratified Takahashi's quad clearly, given his scores. Can't wait for the protocols, some very surprising results!

FlattFan

Match Penalty
damn, i think almost everyone had him off the podium here.
men is so freaking unpredictable. because their jumps carry massive BV, even the best skater can be overtaken by a so so skater with big jumps.

samson

Medalist
Wow wow! 95.55. That's best of the night and also best of the season so far by a good deal.

Also a personal best for Dai, and now the second highest sp score ever. He he can build from this performance then he's very much in the game for Sochi. Well deserved tonight!

Becki

Medalist
Amazing skate from Daisuke (I really hope he makes the Oly team), but I think he was a bit gifted while Oda was a bit robbed. I'd have him over Nobunari, but not by that much.

As much as I love Daisuke, I agree. I still think Oda was robbed.... :'(

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Such a joy to have watched this SP. Disappointed about Oda's score, but otherwise, yeah, great stuff!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

I agree with this. The PCS scores make sense...but I'm a bit :confused: at the TES difference.

I'm really, really hoping that it's because Oda lost a bunch of points from a zero-point spin and not because he got some phantom downgrades.

caitie

Medalist
Hmm, I really like Javier's choreo but tbh I didn't expect he'd be placed so high. I'm definitely interested to read a breakdown of these scores...